Migrant workers will soon be able to renew work permits at Seven Eleven stores in Thailand

rooster59

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Retirement extensions and 90 day reports next ?

will they ever make things a little easier for us here.

regards Worgeordie

Is it April 1st again? Yes they are now catering to these workers as they are helping to build Thailand. Then there are the tourists that spend money here who get special attention as well. We unfortunately are way back in the pack somewhere. I guess we can give some praise as the computer at Immigration here in Chiang Mai is up and running again. Will they ever make things a little emphasis on little easier for us here. Hard to say we are the gift that just keeps on giving. Even though we are smaller in numbers than foreign workers and Chinese tourists we do have wives and g/f's and extended families that we support. They certainly do not give us recognition we deserve but then we do not do it for recognition.

It's not April 1st YET!!!

I think someone must have found this article in the bag designated for jokes and as you say pulled it out too early.

I can't imagine Seven Eleven stores being allowed to approve work permits. Surely that requires an official government officer.

Maybe it is "only for labourers" and only in extension cases.

Imagine the queues that could form if there are complications.

If there is any truth in this then CP are becoming more and more powerful.

I think your last statement is correct about CP. Lets put a bug in their ear.

regards Worgeordie

If they made things easier for us it would imply we are welcomed here

Makes me feel very secure , maybe they should build sevens next to immigration offices.

regards Worgeordie

You can do your 90 day reports on line what more you want ?

Why retirement extensions next ? ...surely other people who work here legally and are not migrants should be the next one...retiree will be at the bottom of the dung heap

Online works for very few here mail is better. Getting the online queue system up and running again would be a real bonus. It would make the annual trip out to the hinterland that much easier along with getting a immediate signature on the visa extension rather than coming back at 4.30 p.m.

Not sure why this is even on Thaivisa, as it doesn't really affect Western expats.

Its here to show us that Thailand can make progress in handling foreigners. Its a step forward and not a step backwards as in our case. I am using Chiang Mai as an example.

Not sure why this is even on Thaivisa, as it doesn't really affect Western expats.

NO but good for a wind up though------- just read the replies HaHaclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yes very good for a wind up...once again it shows the goverment values the migrant labour population higher than the self righteous full of self entitlement white westerners in Thailand LOL

Like Dr. Naam! cheesy.gif

NO but good for a wind up though------- just read the replies HaHaclap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yes very good for a wind up...once again it shows the goverment values the migrant labour population higher than the self righteous full of self entitlement white westerners in Thailand LOL

Of course they do these are the quality Migrants who are constantly in the news, bringing shame to Thailand with rapes and murders. The Thai government are always singing the praises of these countries workers here in Thailand,, especially when some Thai person is accused of a crime. Blame gets diverted. Also they don't question the idiotic way the Thai people are treated, unlike the white westerners.

Maybe because its a Thailand news story, Thai politics had nothing to do with the vast majority of western expats on Thai Visa, but that doesnt stop them does it...or commenenting about any other news story that has nothing to do with them either

Teaching the teacher how interesting. Every day is education for me as well or it is a wasted day. Yes culture is culture and then there is common sense. I guess even common sense varies from country to country.

7-11s in high density areas can sometimes have 6 people behind a counter of 3 registers. Granted, one of the extras sometimes runs the microwave/fast food prep station, which is good.

Do hope there will be flexibility to open a queue for immigration. It's enough standing there waiting to purchase a Coke, while the person in front pays a fistful of utility, internet and cell phone service bills.

Will Thai voters next be able to cast their votes at the nearest 7/11?

No one would dare block public access to a 7/11 !

I think your onto something here. Maybe like electronic futurist money they could vote at home via the computer. That would work in the elites favor as the votes they are trying to bypass could not be cast as a lot of poor farmers have no computer.

I'll have 6 big bottles of Chang,please,and a bottle of Hong tong.A packet of crisps to keep the kids happy,a bottle of spy for the wifeand3 packets of LM far.Umm,oh yeah while your at it,can you renew this please.

Sorry I am in overload to much information to be processed at this time. Does not compute. This is the 3 items or less till. Please use the next cashier. The best yet renew what? (scratching noise and hair falls to the floor)

Nothing about 7 11 staff getting extra pay for this work. If this was at home the Unions would have been all over it for tha past year or two

already. ...But I love the way no time delays here. A change is announced and brought into effect almost immediatly....not like at home.

it would be 3 or 4 years before it would come into force

Yes they have a way of cutting through the "red" tape here. They are all fans of Startrek. They just love the words "Make It So"

"assuming papers are in order"

Does this mean the 7/11 personel will get some special training in order to execute their new job to the right level of satisfaction? Will they get a salary increase in line with an increase in responsibilities?

Yea surely jest kind sir.

I'll have 6 big bottles of Chang,please,and a bottle of Hong tong.A packet of crisps to keep the kids happy,a bottle of spy for the wifeand3 packets of LM far.Umm,oh yeah while your at it,can you renew this please.

Sorry I am in overload to much information to be processed at this time. Does not compute. This is the 3 items or less till. Please use the next cashier. The best yet renew what? (scratching noise and hair falls to the floor)

No worries, many of them are university graduates .thumbsup.gif

Anything that reduces waiting times at Immigration Offices will be of benefit.

The answers are obvious any 10 year old could figure out how to improve the system unlike the our way or the highway approach used today. It could even be improved and save the government money but then the circus atmosphere would disappear entirely and it would just become another mundane job. I guess we are the humor aspect in the equation.

No worries, many of them are university graduates .thumbsup.gif

Yes I agree and that is a guarantee of what?

Working at 7-11 is extremely tough now. Probably they have to handle more ministerial works in the future apart from keeping a look out for son dogs blocking the auto shut doors. Life is never before.

Wasn't this a sort of an April fool's day joke from April 1st, 2015 posted by Thai Visa ??? coffee1.gif

So you see, event April fool's day jokes become reality in Thailand... gigglem.gif

I've got to becarefull with posting my April fool's day joke of this year... It might become reality in Thailand. blink.png

Archived