Drug dealer named Coke nabbed with 52 kilos of ganja in Udon Thani

Jonathan Fairfield

Drug dealer named Coke nabbed with 52 kilos of ganja

Thaivisa Reporters

post-137452-0-88590900-1457841909_thumb.

Undertaker nabbed with large haul of marijuana "wanted to use the money to make a home" for his young wife.

UDON THANI:-- A 28 year old Udon man with a history of drug dealing was arrested Saturday when 52 kilos of pressed ganja was found in a cupboard in a room he shared with his wife.

He told investigating officers that he intended to use the profits from dealing the drug to set up home with his wife.The drugs are suspected to have come from Laos for delivery to recipients in Thailand.

Acting on information, Udon police went to the room of Khomsan Somsanao and his wife Praew, 20, in Nong Bua sub district to make a search and found the pressed drugs in a wardrobe in the property. Khomsan, known locally as 'Coke', has a history of drug activity and was well known to police and area hoods. He had been jailed in 2008 for around two and a half years for selling 50 ya ba tablets.

On release from prison he told police his first wife died leaving him desperate with two children to feed. He met Praew and decided to remarry. He hired a vehicle with the purpose of distributing marijuana bought from Laos and delivered by long tail boat with the purpose of saving up to provide a home for his family and open a restaurant. Using contacts from his previous life on the outside he made 20,000 baht with his first delivery but went back for more.

He had hoped to sell the drugs that he had bought for 6,000 baht a kilo for 10,000 baht making 208,000 and was planning to do this a few more times before retiring despite realising that police were close on his heels.

Investigating officer Phichairat Phukhaw of Udon police said that Khomsan was known as "Coke Nongkham" after the district where he operated in the drug underworld. Many local hoods both respected him and showed him due deference for his earlier exploits in the neighbourhood. But he turned to drugs and started selling amphetamines. He had left jail and started work with an uncle as an undertaker preparing bodies for cremation at Ban Nong Kham temple but his desire to set up home with his wife led him back to the drug trade, said Phichairat.

Soure: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-13

he's a criminal and repeat offender no matter how he tries to spin it, throw away the key

For weed? I wish someone would lock you up and throw away the key... your anti-drug rubbish is far more dangerous than selling weed.

And before you get your panties in a twist, yeah he sold amphetamines before, so what? Drugs should be decriminalized, it is a public health problem not a criminal problem. But hey, simple mindless rhetoric such as 'throw away the key' is so much easier isn't it.

And yes, I know drugs kill people, yes they are bad - I don't do drug myself either, but criminalizing them hasn't stopped them, in fact it is detrimental to helping and lessening drug use.

he's a criminal and repeat offender no matter how he tries to spin it, throw away the key

For weed? I wish someone would lock you up and throw away the key... your anti-drug rubbish is far more dangerous than selling weed.

And before you get your panties in a twist, yeah he sold amphetamines before, so what? Drugs should be decriminalized, it is a public health problem not a criminal problem. But hey, simple mindless rhetoric such as 'throw away the key' is so much easier isn't it.

And yes, I know drugs kill people, yes they are bad - I don't do drug myself either, but criminalizing them hasn't stopped them, in fact it is detrimental to helping and lessening drug use.

Yup, they should be farmed and processed by CP, packed in straws, and sold at every 7-eleven outlets...

Yup, they should be farmed and processed by CP, packed in straws, and sold at every 7-eleven outlets...

Alongside The Legal drugs that are responsible for thousands of deaths per year, Alcohol and Tobacco ?

Least "Charlie" wasn't involved!

Going now - before I get a "Smack"

Seriously now! how long has the "war" on drugs been going on? A hundred and how many years? least we seem to be winning now! or are the prisons around the world full!!

really, you're missing the point aren't you, in Thailand it is against the law period, if you need to go on some righteous crusade about how some drugs are harmless take it somewhere else, I personally know a number of people that have smoked weed all their lives and they far from what I would call stable people - quite the opposite

really, you're missing the point aren't you, in Thailand it is against the law period, if you need to go on some righteous crusade about how some drugs are harmless take it somewhere else, I personally know a number of people that have smoked weed all their lives and they far from what I would call stable people - quite the opposite

And I know people who have never touched "drugs" and they're psychopaths.

And I know people who have never touched "drugs" and they're psychopaths.

yes they were dysfunctional from their first breath...............got fa to do with this

one trait that stands out is the inability for rational though, it's like they cannot figure out what is real and not so real, they more often than not end up in the conspiracy camp unable to work out rational thought (look it up it fits) - simplistic thoughts that most rational people can nail down are very difficult for these people, their brain chemistry has been altered to a point were they have no idea what is real ........ the area between reality and fiction is gone

Yes nobody landed on the moon it was all a big movie, well if you had a clear night and a big telescope you can see the lander sitting there right were they left it, 9/11 .............not even going there, reality and weed reality, I'm glad that those that smoke it are so chilled they don't get to make it were they can cause harm......peace

Having so much pot and wearing a T-Shirt with "Heroin" on it, is priceless.

I guess he didn't know how to spell Ganja, or Marijuana? facepalm.gif

This is a popular T Shirt with Thai men. I have seen a number of guys wearing the "Heroin" T Shirt. It makes me wonder if they know what it means.

That should have been the T Shirt of the 70's in Thailand.

Alongside The Legal drugs that are responsible for thousands of deaths per year, Alcohol and Tobacco ?

Yawn, that old "alcohol and tobacco" comparison again. Your TVF name of "broken record" is very apt.

Archived