What do Thai Women look most for in Western Men?

rogeroc, on 27 Jun 2016 - 08:57, said:

The only reason you find Thai women only average in bed is because you are not paying them !

Feel sorry for you if that's your experience

I really think you missed the point. But why so many on this site have such an adverse reaction to payment of any kind (indirect / direct / gift, whatever) is beyond me. As a Westerner we have 8 times the earning potential of most Thai ladies yet we still expect it all for free because we are so wonderful / handsome.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason you find Thai women only average in bed is because you are not paying them !

I really think you missed the point. But why so many on this site have such an adverse reaction to payment of any kind (indirect / direct / gift, whatever) is beyond me. As a Westerner we have 8 times the earning potential of most Thai ladies yet we still expect it all for free because we are so wonderful / handsome.

Nothing to do with earning potential and everything to do with attraction - same as it was (for me, at least) in the West

She fancies you, she'll shag you no money changing hands - simple as that

Nothing to do with earning potential and everything to do with attraction - same as it was (for me, at least) in the West

Thailand is a transactional society so nothing is for free. A Thai lady will happily have sex for 'free' if she is attracted to you, but the expectation is that you will give her a gift (and a gift of money is fine). This assumes you cannot give her a commitment to a relationship. Anyone who doesn't give a gift is taking advantage, cheap or a bum.

Thailand is a transactional society so nothing is for free. A Thai lady will happily have sex for 'free' if she is attracted to you, but the expectation is that you will give her a gift (and a gift of money is fine). This assumes you cannot give her a commitment to a relationship. Anyone who doesn't give a gift is taking advantage, cheap or a bum.

Very nicely put, this is exactly my experiences of relationships in Thailand.

Obvious where you've been meeting your Thais, then, ins't it?

So where might that be. it is not obvious to me. It sounds like you are trying to suggest he is meeting bargirls, but then nothing would be given freely would it? Explain yourself ! Can i ask you if you date a Thai girl whether you expect her to pay 50/50 in everything?

So where might that be. it is not obvious to me. It sounds like you are trying to suggest he is meeting bargirls, but then nothing would be given freely would it? Explain yourself ! Can i ask you if you date a Thai girl whether you expect her to pay 50/50 in everything?

I date Thai women. The financial dynamics are much the same as they were in London.

I pay for some shit, she pays for some shit.

We don't live together

When we shag, I don't have to buy a pair of earrings or a bloody Chanel bag any more than she has to fork out for a gift for me.

I don't have to pay her Truevisions bill because she has a well-paying job that covers that shit. It also covers her mortgage payments, her car and her social butterflying.

This is normal.

If you people have been out there scraping around with the kind of women who commoditize their genitals so long that you've come to believe it's "normal", then you have my pity.

And you always miss the point, an average woman you meet in London will have approx 8 times the earning potential of an average Thai woman but you consider that a relationship should still be the same.

No you're missing the point

Many expenses here are considerably cheaper than London - it's all relative

Regardless, the Thai woman I'm seeing earns very well and, yes, I do pursue the relationship on the same dynamics as I do in London

You're trying to make shelling out for a woman to spread her legs is respectable and honourable in some way - it's not and babbling on about "8 times the earning potential" isn't fooling anyone. least of all me so wind it back in, mate

You can go ahead and pay your way and rationalize it all you like but, ultimately, you're a John

Simple as that

To Agent Sumo

The point is that Thai people expect something in return if they give you something. If you give nothing, you are just taking advantage. The word gets around that you are just a cheap charlie, trading on your looks, with no place in Thai society. Sorry to be harsh, but that is the way it is in Thailand.

To Agent Sumo

The point is that Thai people expect something in return if they give you something. If you give nothing, you are just taking advantage. The word gets around that you are just a cheap charlie, trading on your looks, with no place in Thai society. Sorry to be harsh, but that is the way it is in Thailand.

No, the point is that you are ascribing collective behavioural traits to an entire population based on nothing more than drivel you've heard or read about (probably on Thaivisa)

I don't "trade on my looks" and I'm most certainly not perceived as a Cheap Charlie

I accept that your experiences clearly differ from mine but that may have more to do with the kind of Thai women you've chosen to associate with and had little choice but to reimburse for their graces.

My mileage obviously varies

To Agent Sumo

"Word gets around"??

Spoken like just another

loser courting with his

wallet sellotaped to his

forehead.

Thai men don't pay a

dime and they get

plenty. Only buffalo

farangs with nothing

else to offer think

paying is common.

Sorry Agent Sumo. You completely miss the point once again. Someone who just takes sex in a relationship, but never gives anything back, and boasts about it, is a tosser in my book. I'd like to think that all the Thai women I've had a relationship with are better off materially or emotionally.

Sorry Agent Sumo. You completely miss the point once again. Someone who just takes sex in a relationship, but never gives anything back, and boasts about it, is a tosser in my book. I'd like to think that all the Thai women I've had a relationship with are better off materially or emotionally.

Who says I "just take sex"?

Huge assumption, huge miss

Word gets around"??

Spoken like just another

loser courting with his

wallet sellotaped to his

forehead.

Thai men don't pay a

dime and they get

plenty. Only buffalo

farangs with nothing

else to offer think

paying is common.

And the average Thai guy is on a similar (or less salary than) than i Thai girl isn't he? Well if you feel comfortable, with all your potential comparative wealth and earnings potential, not to help out then perhaps you should take a cold hard look at yourself.

And you always miss the point, an average woman you meet in London will have approx 8 times the earning potential of an average Thai woman but you consider that a relationship should still be the same.

Yeah, but it costs 8 times as much to <deleted> live in London

Been through this argument so many times on these forums, still dont get what many of you are on about.

Yeah, you could find a woman in London that could earn as much as you do, but then all that incomes and then some, just goes on mortgage or rent

Whats the use, whats the difference, if Income minus spending, your combined disposable income still works out the same or better in Thailand?

Thai woman are supposed to be bigger goldiggers than the ones back home, certainly not my experience

Then you say "but you consider that a relationship should still be the same" Same as what? what are you talking about

Not only do I not understand what many here are on about, doesnt seem to have any basis in reality.

Even within Thailand, the difference between cost of living in Bangkok vs NowhereKonSawan adds up quickly.

Just gone past 7 years with mine, she doesnt really work ( not for more than 300 baht a day anyway, and its really her mother that does all the work), I paid for the wedding, car, house in what still came to under a years salary

5 years since then, its not trying to pay off a ridiculous mortgage back home, still can send her plenty to pamper her and yet still end up way ahead

If i had tried the same thing over the same time frame with a woman back here, and even if she had the same income as me ( which of course is impossible with infants), 5 years later, we would be what, at best probably 1/3 of the way through the mortgage

Even if the thai wife doesnt work, but a western wife would, the $ difference, the $ advantage is mind blowing

(and not that you'd really find a working western wife that wouldnt want to start off with some ridiculous McMansion and the mortage that goes with it)

I send the thai wife 50,000 baht a month, which going by these forums is far more than average, some might say I'm crazy, but if you add everything up, even with a working western wife, just in 5 years, I'm still a couple hundred thousand dollars not baht better off with the Thai wife, thats just in 5 years, let alone the next 30.

Then on top of that she's half my age, looks a whole lot better and the kids have 20 little cousins to play with, 20 aunts always ready to provide free childcare.

Who gives a rats a**** whether the relationship is the same as......

To Agent Sumo, please enlighten us as what you do give back to these girls then. Also can you explain why you feel the need to be so boastful all of the time?

"Boastful"??

Boastful of what? That I don't pay an allowance/stipend/salary to a woman who enjoys my company, sexual relations and conversation??

What on earth is there to boast about?

If I walked around London saying, "I'm seeing this really hot woman and guess what? I don't pay her", people would have thought me mad.

You regard it as "boasting" because you're used to paying and you think every other dog is out there doing the same because, for and those like you, it's the only way to box above your weight with a woman who's out of your league and out of your generation.

How many times do I have to say this before you get it through your skull?? It's normal not to pay a woman to be with you

Paying a woman for her company is only normal....................for Johns

I date Thai women. The financial dynamics are much the same as they were in London.

I pay for some shit, she pays for some shit.

We don't live together

When we shag, I don't have to buy a pair of earrings or a bloody Chanel bag any more than she has to fork out for a gift for me.

I don't have to pay her Truevisions bill because she has a well-paying job that covers that shit. It also covers her mortgage payments, her car and her social butterflying.

This is normal.

If you people have been out there scraping around with the kind of women who commoditize their genitals so long that you've come to believe it's "normal", then you have my pity.

^. Exactly Agent Sumo. I, to this day, do not get the nonsense posted by the majority of male audience. Their values are so skewed.

^ I do not think he misses the point quite frankly, I think you do Rogeroc. Clearly it appears you feel pity(or guilt) for the women you date because they have 8 times less the "earning" power as you stated compared to a western counterpart. You feel compelled to pay them for your relationship time. Why? Makes zero sense to me. However one theory that quickly comes to mind is if the age gap is significant, guilt may play a part in that thus you would feel more compelled to pay her because of it. If that's the case, then just say it. Why hide it all behind some earning power stuff.

Regardless of the reason dating is no different in Thailand then anywhere when its a "normal" type relationship. You meet, you date, initial meet is physical attraction as it always is. You go out, do things. during the dating you are assessing other attributes (humor, respect, intellect, etc). If during the course of dating you twist up some sheets or swing off the chandelier then its because of mutual chemistry, There was no financial or material expectations.

Again to Agent Sumo's post, I wouldn't buy them a dress, shoes, handbags, give them cash while dating early on. As a gentleman I would likely buy dinner, pay for trips somewhere etc. I am married now(Thai) and we dated for nearly 2 years before we married and we always shared expenses. Sometimes she would pay for the island weekend getaway entirely saying it was her "treat"

Again I think this all boils down to the company some keep and where they meet their women.

To Agent Sumo

^Again another guy who has drank some Kool Aid after listening to other Guys who drank the Kool-Aid. Where do you guys come up with this stuff? In the real world if the gal feels you are just using her, if she was intelligent and has some self esteem, she would just walk away.

You guys have been posting this Krap for so long on this site you just believe it now and you pull more and more people in to drink from the old coffin dodger punch bowl. biggrin.png

Answering to the OP, Women look for suitable counterpart to share life with(Just like men). With that commitment comes security (both emotional and financial) Its doesn't matter if the gal makes 8 times less or 8 times more.

If you are just out partying for the night, there are no rules. Whatever happens, happens doesn't matter what country you are in. Like my college days back in the states. I wasn't looking for a wife, I didn't care how much she made, She had to be good looking and want no attachments. Ahhhh the goood ol days. But the difference was and still is, I wasn't a "Cheap Charlie". We were 2 consenting adults. She could have said No!

I think we are talking cross-purposes here. I'm not talking about dating a Thai woman with a view to a relationship or marriage. I'm talking about pursuing a purely physical relationship (e.g. someone you have met at a shop or in your normal day to day business). She may be a teacher, a rural worker, stay-at-home Mum, gas station attendant, business owner, chef, waitress or whatever. She may be attracted to you and will have a physical relationship with you.

I am just saying that a decent bloke would make give her a gift or some other benefit. To just love her, and leave her with nothing, seems a bit rough. But many on TV think that is part of the game. Love 'em and leave them. Maybe that is what Thai men do, and part of the reason many otherwise decent Thai woman are happy to sleep with a farang. They may get something out of the relationship, but with a Thai man they know they will get nothing.

Archived