'Am I not in a hotel?' Drunk British tourist passes out in stranger's bed

webfact

'Am I not in a hotel?' Drunk British tourist passes out in stranger's bed

AMSTERDAM, Netherlands - An Amsterdam man had the shock of his life on Friday night when he found a drunken British tourist in his bed.

The tourist had apparently been unable to find his way back to his hotel and managed to climb in through the open first floor window on the Oetgensstraat in the east of the city and gone to sleep.

The man, named by local broadcaster AT5 as Eric, had left the window open when he went out so his cat could come and go. When he came home, he spent some time watching television and then went to bed, where he found the tourist.

Full story: http://www.eturbonews.com/69362/am-i-not-hotel-drunk-british-tourist-passes-out-strangers-bed

-- eTN 2016-03-14

Brings back memories of a number of years back when a drunken scandinavian I believe it was caused quite a commotion and had all company employees on lockdown after the incident when he returned from having a few too many beers whilst in West Africa, somehow managed to mistake a consular building for the company guest house, got caught and arrested whilst scaling the wall.

Well how did he think he was in a hotel?

I have stayed in many hotels but never climbed in through a window.

Obviously you lived a "boring" life..... and obviously still do.... why waste your time with such a stupid post.. ?

I got totally loaded one afternoon in Pattaya. Went back to the hotel to have a afternoon lay down. Asked for my room key. Went to the room and just flopped on the bed. About 3hrs later I woke up. Had a look at all the strange suitcases and things. Wrong room. Thank god that the people who's room it was did not come back before I realized the mistake.

I once couldn't leave the gravitational pull of a coffee shop. Working the door handle was problem enough but after staggering along and making a few turns always ended up back where I started. Yes in Amsterdam I can well believe most things are possible.

Archived