Where can I find a 40K job in BKK?

Nokkeaw

I have been working for an agency for 3 years in a vocational school in which I earned 32K baht per month. Two weeks ago the school told me they wouldn’t renew my contract so I am looking for a new job.

I would like to increase my salary. I thought I could get a salary of 40K baht if I looked for schools outside my agency, but in a couple of schools I walked in they just offered me 30K baht so I am a bit confused now because I expected the salary to be higher if I don’t work with the agency. 30K is way too low specially if I have to change my visa to be with the new school and change my condo.

Is it 40K baht too much? Does anybody know where should I look for to get a salary like this in Bangkok?

FYI I am from Spain, 26 years old, 3 years experience, BA in English and linguistics and TEFL.

Go the exam route. IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT/SAT/IGCSE teaching pays well, normally at least 600 baht an hour and often a lot more (in Bangkok). You could train as an IELTS examiner too, which brings in some extra cash.

Edit. Just seen you're Spanish so you'd need band 9 in IELTS to work as an examiner, if you're not a NES. You can still teach it though!

Go the exam route. IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT/SAT/IGCSE teaching pays well, normally at least 600 baht an hour and often a lot more (in Bangkok). You could train as an IELTS examiner too, which brings in some extra cash.

Edit. Just seen you're Spanish so you'd need band 9 in IELTS to work as an examiner, if you're not a NES. You can still teach it though!

Teaching IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT/SAT/IGCSE means teaching at a language school, is it correct? In that case, what language schools would you recommend me? I just know Inlingua.

Fun Language pay 37.5k to start, and paid for the period of initial training too. That was a few years ago, may have increased now.

Awwwww Fun language looks really good but it is just for kindergarden isn't it?

No, prathom and matthayom kids too. You get to choose.

Teaching IELTS/TOEFL/GMAT/SAT/IGCSE means teaching at a language school, is it correct? In that case, what language schools would you recommend me? I just know Inlingua.

IDP, Westminster, Paradigm, New Cambridge, Language Express - there are loads.

Sarasas schools pay 38000. Universities pay even more. Other than that, good luck

How can I know if Sarasas or other universities are hiring? Most schools don't tell in their websites.
Sarasas in bang bon hires many teachers both native and non native. This is the season if you want to work for the summer. However most will be advertising online. Just Google teacher jobs thailand

Sarasas schools pay 38000. Universities pay even more. Other than that, good luck

How can I know if Sarasas or other universities are hiring? Most schools don't tell in their websites.

Not sure why you would need to be told this, but visit them.

go back home get a real job and make a life for yourself and come back here when you can afford to do so. ull be 40 before you know it and you will look back and think what have I got in life, nothing .

So teaching isn't a real job for you. Ahahahaha

go back home get a real job and make a life for yourself and come back here when you can afford to do so. ull be 40 before you know it and you will look back and think what have I got in life, nothing .

Wise words and so true.

Exactly, 40's should be your best earning years.

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

How/Where do you train to be an IELTS teacher/examiner?

Garbage. Came when I was 19 and still here. Started on the English teaching route and moved on to other employment when I was 30. Doing quite well for myself now at age 53. I know a number of others with similar backgrounds.

Garbage. Came when I was 19 and still here. Started on the English teaching route and moved on to other employment when I was 30. Doing quite well for myself now at age 53. I know a number of others with similar backgrounds.

"Came here when I was 19..". Times are changing and the times are over where people are more than happy to employ foreigners.

Anybody could teach English in Thailand, just being whitish when you were 19.

Even 10 years ago you could basically teach without a high school diploma and make the same amount of money.

But 25 K back in 2000 could buy you way more than 35 K do now.

IMHO, too many foul apples did strange things and the picture of the "well educated foreign teachers" has significantly changed.

The "Khun Kru Tangchaad" became the "Farang". And it doesn't seem to change in the near future. The times are over.

Sounds like you know very well what you are talking. Does it happened to you? =]

Wise words and so true.

I agree. The hands of time move swiftly before you know it you will be to old to be employable as you will be up against younger smarter hordes of young people. Carve out a career for yourself at home save your money and at the huge interest rates banks pay today you should have a nice nest egg to come here and retire on. We all did. OOOps forget the huge interest rates paid by banks things have changed they now charge you to park your money there. These low rates also muchly reduce any future pension you receive. I guess that is why they are boosting the new retirement rates up into the 80's

Archived