"The key to quick PR in Brasil through investing a condo or other investments is use of immigration lawyers from the begining of the process. They will do all the procedures for you including setting up a paper company account that your money will be wired into from overseas"

a bunch of these lawyers and government officials are waiting for their sentencing in prison. there is no such thing like residence through investment in immobile property! i have invested a multiple of $50k in Brazil, contacted half a dozen 'immigration lawyers', then gave up and selected Thailand.

read my posting in TV:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...6574&st=255

Many times things are not as they seem. I still remember the BIG sign in Pattaya that said, "You CAN own property in Thailand".The sign was correct, it just failed to mention that you have to be a Thai citizen. Wherever there are lawyers or people who profess to be lawyers there will be bogus contracts and bogus companies. Westerners are at a disadvantage because it was always a normal thing to have a lawyer draw up LEGAL contracts. Unfortunately some countries allow lawyers to draw up contracts that say whatever the customer wants the contract to say. The lawyer will NOT be punished BUT the poor fool who thinks he has a legal document WILL suffer.

"Many times things are not as they seem"

quite right Gar A! my mistake was that i had to much trust in my latino friends (all of them south americans but not brazilians) who chided me for being to "teutonic" in my thinking and that each and everything could be resolved with money above and under the table. as i have lived and worked for years in one of the most corrupt countries on this planet i took their advice as granted without doing my homework. then i had to find out that Brazil is not some third world backward country anymore, that government officials/authorities even in remote areas are connected and their actions supervised centrally by computer connections. the 70s are long gone when i spent a few months in Sao Paulo and paid 20 dollars to a "despachante" who got me a brazilian driver's license the same day.

just recently i could renew my CPF (brazilian tax number) via the internet sitting in Thailand! HOWEVER, when we bought the building plots in 2003 they could not be transferred in my name because my german passport did not mention my late father's first name. at that time i was living in Florida and a friend of mine in Germany took care to procure all necessary documentation (AUTHENTICATED, NOTARIZED, CONSULARIZED and translated by an official translator in BRAZIL into portuguese!).

just now i am going through a similar idiocy as i have a buyer for the land. in the title deed my passport number is mentioned but that passport has expired in the meantime. brazilian lawyers are breaking presently their heads how to make out the "procuracao" (power of attorney) that has to be consularized at the brazilian embassy in Bangkok and if they can't find a way i have to take a flight to Brazil to sign the documents there.

:o

Dr. Naam , I am not sure all the details of your Brasil's PR application. Did you do all the steps correectly? like open the company account specically for the wiring of money specically towards the PR program? There are lots of details involved in getting quick PR in Brasil through investing in a condo or holiday villa.

My brother went through the PR process from the very beginning through immigration lawyer in Sao Paulo. They lead him through all the legal processes smoothly. I know there are many very good and powerful immigration lawyers in the Paulista and Itaim areas in Sao Paulo. I believe there is no bribing involved or anything under tables but some of the immigration lawyers in Sao Paulo are actually ex or current immigration department officials or consultants or someone very well connected to the department. The one my brother used was a Japanese Brasilian attorney, I believe named Sergio Kobayashi, in Paulista areas, very high consultanting fees, but very efficient. But you need to appoint him from the very beginning of the process in order to go smoothly.

I will do my Brasil PR program next year, I will find another lawyer and appoint him in Sao Paulo, hopefully a cheaper one than my brother's, to guide me from the beggining.

For those people interested in the cheapest and easiest way to get PR in Brasil. Get some Brasilian lady pregnant and have a Brasilian baby, no need to get married, then you are automatically given permanent residency immediately with application cost of mere 20USD or so. Ha ha. It even worked for Ronnie Biggs, :D:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Biggs

So Dr. Naam, after spending lots of money and still can not get the PR, maybe better investing few hundred dollars getting a Brasilian garota pregnant and have a little nice kid running around, then you will be entitled free PR in no times and no money. :D:D

As for me I choose the Sao Paulo attorney route. :o