IPTV Thailand -expat internet television

itsala

Just wanted to see any feedback on this company from other users or better see if I can get them to respond.

I ordered a one year subscription to their UK sky TV service, with all boxes and postage was 13,000 baht paying COD.

It worked like a dream for a month then suddenly blocked all channels.

have emailed all weekend and no reply, when i accesses the back end set up on the box i found they had preloaded it with only a month of subscription.

just wondered if anyone else found the same or its a genuine mistake on their part and they have just not checked their emails for a while..........although i know i have probably just bought a lemon.crazy.gif

Another one gets caught,if its the company i am thinking of,,there was

a guy posting on here a week or two ago,with the same problem,sold

a lemon.

You should have went with ilikeHD, no boxes to buy,but you could add

their app to your android box that you bought,the most you can loose

with ilikeHD is 500 THB if the do go belly up,as you pay monthly,no

contract,miss a month if you want,easy.

regards worgeordie, google ilkeHD thailand.

a lemon.

This is safer, but the dodgy geezer running IPTV is the same person that runs ilikeHD. As IPTV he simply sells the boxes with access to the same channels that you can get by signing up with ilikeHD.

You are dealing with the same guy. He has a chequered history, and is basically selling pirated streams.

Anyone who pays this company ( IPTV OR ilikeHD) for anything longer than a month at a time is asking for a battering, as one day (tomorrow or in a few years, it's not possible to predict which) he will be fleeing.

Here's an interesting forum from a few years back where he posts as "Edirect" and crows about being the world's biggest pirate, not having been busted or in jail, and laughing because he can see the CTH building from his apartment...

http://www.rdi-board.com/threads/145053-C-T-H-package-FTA-on-Vinasat-satellite?s=c37621e9969cbb890be6a40322e9d070

Buyer beware!!!!!!!

a lemon.

This is safer, but the dodgy geezer running IPTV is the same person that runs ilikeHD. As IPTV he simply sells the boxes with access to the same channels that you can get by signing up with ilikeHD.

You are dealing with the same guy. He has a chequered history, and is basically selling pirated streams.

Anyone who pays this company ( IPTV OR ilikeHD) for anything longer than a month at a time is asking for a battering, as one day (tomorrow or in a few years, it's not possible to predict which) he will be fleeing.

Here's an interesting forum from a few years back where he posts as "Edirect" and crows about being the world's biggest pirate, not having been busted or in jail, and laughing because he can see the CTH building from his apartment...

http://www.rdi-board.com/threads/145053-C-T-H-package-FTA-on-Vinasat-satellite?s=c37621e9969cbb890be6a40322e9d070

Buyer beware!!!!!!!

The guy who runs IPTV doesn't run IlikeHD, he simply nicks the streams from them. He's the same scammer who ran Maige TV and a few other scam ventures.

I suspect though that IlikeHD also is not legit, but at least they have done the work to get the streams, while Mr Alan just copies the code.

a lemon.

Buyer beware!!!!!!!

The guy who runs IPTV doesn't run IlikeHD, he simply nicks the streams from them. He's the same scammer who ran Maige TV and a few other scam ventures.

I suspect though that IlikeHD also is not legit, but at least they have done the work to get the streams, while Mr Alan just copies the code.

Well I'll take your word for it, but on the forum I've linked to the signature of the poster is

"IPTV Thailand

[phone numbers edited ]

WorldWide Shipping

Skype iptvonline

http://ilikehdtv.tv/"

I thought this would be an unlikely thing to put if you are nicking the stream from them.

a lemon.

Buyer beware!!!!!!!

Well I'll take your word for it, but on the forum I've linked to the signature of the poster is

"IPTV Thailand

[phone numbers edited ]

WorldWide Shipping

Skype iptvonline

I thought this would be an unlikely thing to put if you are nicking the stream from them.

You may be correct. Just went to the website of iLikeHD and their website is a copy from that of IPTV Thailand.

So probably iLikeHD is also run by Alan Reeks, and a reason to be very wary.

thanks for the info guys.

now i know who to find, which was one of the purposes of my post.

I will catch up with Mr Reeks and report back.

I agree buyer beware, but this is a case of seller beware because he has ripped off the wrong guy this time.

It remains a total mystery to me why victims of this person don't report him to the Thai police, Thai consumer protection, Thai immigration and the Thai revenue department.

At least one of that lot would be interested in him.

UPDATE

I recieved a call from Alan this morning

my service has resumed and all seems well. smile.png

As i mentioned before the actual platform is really good, as long as it stays connected its fantastic.biggrin.png

ill keep you updated on how we progress.coffee1.gif

thanks to all for the excellent informationsmile.png

It remains a total mystery to me why victims of this person don't report him to the Thai police, Thai consumer protection, Thai immigration and the Thai revenue department.

I think the point is, as the OP has said just up here ^^, the service is actually quite good, especially when you compare it to "real" Thai companies like GMM-Z and CTH who have just perpetrated a withdrawal of service and breaking of contracts worse than anything the owner of ilikeHD has done. (See GMM-Z threads where people have signed up for a year in advance, to be told a month later the service is stopping, and you need to install a completely different kind of dish to get the replacement service).

So most people, (especially those who don't get caught up with the Thai IPTV scam of buying a redundant overpriced generic android box and just pay 450B for a month's service at a time from ilikeHD) are pretty happy with it.

To be frank I've had a month's service from IlikeHD in the past, and may sign up again in a month or so.

I am just very aware that this service is (a) dodgy and (b ) likely to disappear overnight when the law catches up with the guy.

As long as you are aware of this and don't pay too much in advance you'll be fine. And just buy a generic android box if you want to use the ilikeHD service-you don't need an IPTV one and you can view ilikeHD on a PC or Mac, so you don't need an android box at all.

Who watches tv on his pc or Mac? You need a hdmi cable and you don't get to use a remote. Just buy a cheap android box and install the Ilikehd app. Or if you have an Xbox fire up its browser and use your controller as a remote.

Btw anyone who thinks Ilikehd is good has certainly low standards. But it beats having no (uk) tv at all.

I think the point is, as the OP has said just up here ^^, the service is actually quite good, especially when you compare it to "real" Thai companies like GMM-Z and CTH who have just perpetrated a withdrawal of service and breaking of contracts worse than anything the owner of ilikeHD has done. (See GMM-Z threads where people have signed up for a year in advance, to be told a month later the service is stopping, and you need to install a completely different kind of dish to get the replacement service).

Maybe I missed something, but isnt this the same guy that people have been complaining about for 10 years or more?

Who watches tv on his pc or Mac? You need a hdmi cable and you don't get to use a remote.

I use my PC for everything. It is connected to my big TV and my amp via an HDMI lead and I have a Windows remote control that I bought for about GBP10 15 years ago that controls all media playback through ZoomPlayer and FooBar (would also work on VLC etc). Also my wireless mouse works fine over the distance required.

What nobody mentions is that iliketv will give you only live TV, no catchup, so it's ok if you want to watch prime time tv at three in the morning!

BTW anybody know any other service apart from Thai expat tv that does do catchup?

a lemon.

Buyer beware!!!!!!!

"IPTV Thailand

[phone numbers edited ]

WorldWide Shipping

Skype iptvonline

This is a different iliketv from everybody uses, the actual url is ilikehd.com not .tv I suggest the guy running .tv is looking for the users who miss type the URL

http://www.rdi-board.com/threads/145053-C-T-H-package-FTA-on-Vinasat-satellite

Buyer beware!!!!!!!

"IPTV Thailand

[phone numbers edited ]

WorldWide Shipping

Skype iptvonline

This is a different iliketv from everybody uses, the actual url is ilikehd.com not .tv I suggest the guy running .tv is looking for the users who miss type the URL

Nope, you are completely wrong about this. He simply uses a lot of different similar sounding websites to sell various different packages.

The link you give [ ilikehdtv.tv] is where he sells boxes and packages of programs together. On this page on this website

http://ilikehdtv.tv/shop/product_info.php?products_id=53&osCsid=tbj5v5o1d8gcle7tnkjbgjrn31

is a link marked "manufacturer info- IlikeHD homepage"

Manufacturer Info

icon_tv.png

iLikeHD Homepage

Other products

Surprise! This link goes to an Ilikehdtv.tv page where you can find a members login button.

This redirects you to the ilikehd homepage which is now http://knd1.ilikehd.com/kaneda/web/free/ and I know this is ilikehd, because my ilikeHD account login works on this page!

They are all exactly the same company and all interlinked!

"IPTV Thailand

[phone numbers edited ]

WorldWide Shipping

Skype iptvonline

Nope, you are completely wrong about this. He simply uses a lot of different similar sounding websites to sell various different packages.

The link you give [ ilikehdtv.tv] is where he sells boxes and packages of programs together. On this page on this website

http://ilikehdtv.tv/shop/product_info.php?products_id=53&osCsid=tbj5v5o1d8gcle7tnkjbgjrn31

Manufacturer Info

icon_tv.png

iLikeHD Homepage

Other products

Surprise! This link goes to an Ilikehdtv.tv page where you can find a members login button.

This redirects you to the ilikehd homepage which is now http://knd1.ilikehd.com/kaneda/web/free/ and I know this is ilikehd, because my ilikeHD account login works on this page!

Have you purchased your ilikehd sub from iptvthailand?

"IPTV Thailand

[phone numbers edited ]

WorldWide Shipping

Skype iptvonline

Manufacturer Info

icon_tv.png

iLikeHD Homepage

Other products

Have you purchased your ilikehd sub from iptvthailand?

I purchased the subscription more than a month ago for one month and I did it through the ilikehd.tv page but you can't tell what the company is called- the money goes to a personal account with a female name!

However all the pages have links to each other on them. If you go to http://www.iptvthailand.tv,

scroll down, on the left hand side is a pull down menu titled "manufacturers". This contains a link titled "I likeHD" and this leads you to a page where you can buy just a subscription to ilike HD, as well as a selection of boxes.

On this page is a link , the blue square entitled Ilike HD Home page, and this leads directly to a page where I can log in with my ilike HD account name.

I'm not going to say much more on this. If the IPTVThailand page leads with two clicks to the ilikeHD subscription login page they are the same.

The answer to that question is simple, in my case anyway.

I have tried several VPN services and even though I am getting 19mbps when trying to watch UK tv, I got buffering all the time.
I then tried a DNS unblocker service, Great! works fine, but now Netflix etc are stopping theses services providing the streams, ITV Player now works sometimes, BBC iplayer was still working, but the writing is on the wall for these companies who supply a great service.
So currently I am using Thai Expat TV, works well, no problems, but basic.
I am about to get myself a set top box and go with Expat Vision, I looked at their packages, they did not have what I wanted at the right price, so I contacted them, got a good deal for exactly what I want.
Customer service so far is excellent, answered all my questions on webchat and email, then when I wanted more information, they even phoned me on my mobile!
So hats off to Lee and the guys there, I will post an update when I have tried their service for a while, but I could not find any duff reviews....

What nobody mentions is that iliketv will give you only live TV, no catchup, so it's ok if you want to watch prime time tv at three in the morning!

BTW anybody know any other service apart from Thai expat tv that does do catchup?

At the moment they are testing a Beta service that will have 3 days catch up,

regards worgeordie

The answer to that question is simple, in my case anyway.

I have tried several VPN services and even though I am getting 19mbps when trying to watch UK tv, I got buffering all the time.
I then tried a DNS unblocker service, Great! works fine, but now Netflix etc are stopping theses services providing the streams, ITV Player now works sometimes, BBC iplayer was still working, but the writing is on the wall for these companies who supply a great service.
So currently I am using Thai Expat TV, works well, no problems, but basic.
I am about to get myself a set top box and go with Expat Vision, I looked at their packages, they did not have what I wanted at the right price, so I contacted them, got a good deal for exactly what I want.
Customer service so far is excellent, answered all my questions on webchat and email, then when I wanted more information, they even phoned me on my mobile!
So hats off to Lee and the guys there, I will post an update when I have tried their service for a while, but I could not find any duff reviews....

Bizarre. The hotel here only averages around 4mbps switch on Zenmate to uk address and watch live tv and iplayers without ever buffering that I can recall

Chivas, I cannot explain either, although I have not tried Zenmate, but have all the other big name VPN's

Anyway, got set up with Expat Vision, easy setup, works fantastically well, had a couple of questions which were answered very quickly on webchat. So far very very pleased.

Have a question for anyone who has a Mag 250 box, now I am getting my UK tv, my wife wants to know how we can pick up the Thai free digital stations, anybody know how to get that in the Mag box as well?

I know it can handle multiple portals, but thats all I know!

so make a local copy of the stalker middleware from Infomir in your property (the guys who make the real MAG250/254 boxes) with the local channels for your mag250 .. it is free to do ... but not simple smile.png

Thanks for that, sadly you were speaking another language there....

I am pretty clued up with most things tech, but I only came across this Mag 250 for the first time last wk, so zero experience, can you step me through it a bit?

Archived