Thailand top spot for Chinese tourists last year

webfact

Thailand top spot for Chinese tourists last year
By Coconuts Bangkok

ct.jpg
Chinese tourists in Bangkok.

BANGKOK: -- Thailand was the top destination for Chinese tourists last year, according to new research data.

A total of 7.9 million Chinese tourists visited Thailand in 2015, an increase of 70 per cent on 2014, Bloomberg reported.

This was despite the August bombing of a Bangkok shrine popular with Chinese tourists, an outbreak of the Mers virus, and Thai's general condemnation of Chinese tourists for bad behavior, including a temporary ban on Chinese visitors to Chiang Rai's White Temple.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/03/14/thailand-top-spot-chinese-tourists-last-year

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-03-15

Staying at a hotel very near wongamat beach, getting to breakfast at 7 am , and seeing the crumbs remaining , we headed out side to eat,

like locusts descending from the sky outside the milling Chinese hoard were gathering to ascend their buses and no doubt leave the cuboard bare in another part of Thailand.

while the buses pulled out and we finished packing our gear into the pick up, the sudden silence made me think of a town left in the wild west with a tumble weed rolling across the deserted car park,

Thailand's wish for the Chinese tourist dollar will come back to haunt them, they just can not see the wood for trees just yet , but it will happen.

Traffic in Pattaya beach was totally jammed because of the buses full of Chinese tourists. They just park on the road and let the herds take over the sidewalks without any respect for other pedestrians.

Forget about quality tourists from Europe Thailand, they don't want to be anywhere near those groups.

"Thailand was the top destination for Chinese tourists last year, according to new research data."

Does this mean that TAT has given up on their plan to attract quality tourists?

No of course not, they want to have them both, together in the same hotel/beach.cheesy.gif

Last weekend i was in a nice hotel in Pattaya beachroad with seaview and i was very annoyed with the Thai tourists there as well. I won't go back there.

They all brought their crying baby's with them and during breakfast they all cried out loud at EVERY table around us.

It's about time Thailand leans some manners like Quality tourists from Europe. Why not leave grandma at home to take care of the baby's or just hire a babysit?

"Thailand was the top destination for Chinese tourists last year, according to new research data."

Does this mean that TAT has given up on their plan to attract quality tourists?

No of course not, they want to have them both, together in the same hotel/beach.cheesy.gif

Last weekend i was in a nice hotel in Pattaya beachroad with seaview and i was very annoyed with the Thai tourists there as well. I won't go back there.

They all brought their crying baby's with them and during breakfast they all cried out loud at EVERY table around us.

It's about time Thailand leans some manners like Quality tourists from Europe. Why not leave grandma at home to take care of the baby's or just hire a babysit?

Funny thing with a hotels they have other guests, but you can get up and walk out at anytime, too bad you can not do the same on the plane

According to Chinese media, Thailand is #3.

Japan is #1 and Korea is #2.

I was in Japan 2 weeks ago but didn't see any chinese groups, only loads of Thai who are easy to spot. Just look for people standing in the middle of a walkway, picking their nose and wearing brand new sneakers. whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Archived