62 year old lady killed in early morning shooting in Samui

webfact

62 year old lady killed in early morning shooting in Samui

murder-in-Samui.jpg

KOH SAMUI: -- On Tuesday 8th March at 5.20 am a 62 year old Thai lady was shot on her way back home from a market in Samui. Police found 8 9mm shell casings at the scene.

The shooting is believed to be part of a long running family dispute. The police are continuing with their investigations in her death and according to news reports the deaths of other members of her family.

Source: News Ch7

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2016-03-15

Thailand has a gun problem the highest gun death rate of 50 asian nations, twice the US rate. estimated 6 million guns out there they know of, but more than likely 10 mill with illegals.

Thats about one in five people have a gun.

The enlightened one take no notice off this growing problem, or the maniac killing going on on the roads, no doubt drugs are helping fuel the gun problem, remove the guns ban them, if it gets worse then no more tourists in another ten years time just gun slingers and cowboys on the roads.

Thailand has a gun problem the highest gun death rate of 50 asian nations, twice the US rate. estimated 6 million guns out there they know of, but more than likely 10 mill with illegals.

The enlightened one take no notice off this growing problem, or the maniac killing going on on the roads, no doubt drugs are helping fuel the gun problem, remove the guns ban them, if it gets worse then no more tourists in another ten years time just gun slingers and cowboys on the roads.

Whenever a mass shooting occurs, a debate about gun violence ensues. An often-cited counter to the point about the United States’ high rates of gun homicides is that people in other countries kill one another at the same rate using different types of weapons. It’s not true.

Compared to other countries with similar levels of development or socioeconomic status, the United States has exceptional homicide rates, and it’s driven by gun violence.

Strongly suggest you do a bit of research instead of writing a load of rubbish. Go look on the internet.........Thailand hardly features in the statistics compared to places like Paraguay, Phillippines, South Africa USA and so on.angry.png

Another day in paradise!

Yea like USA, U.K. Don't face these issues do they..come live in Sydney, Melbourne..... If you hate Thailand why follow this site.... ???

Because must feels at home on ThaiVisa with so many fellow-haters distilling their hatred as an answer for every single subject coffee1.gif

Another day in paradise!

Yea like USA, U.K. Don't face these issues do they..come live in Sydney, Melbourne..... If you hate Thailand why follow this site.... ???

Is this a statement of pride mentioning Sydney / Melbourne? Fact is the gun violence in Thailand is more than the USA and I am guessing a lot more than Australia. Because countries have significant gun violence that is not a good reason to promote it

Another day in paradise!

Yes, execution style murders are so uncommon in the UK that a "not so nice" person (made his millions in time share scams) was shoot and it took them 6 days to notice the bullet holes.

I thought it was one more killing, but this story is really last week's old local news – in Samui TV News they talked about land dispute over some plots near the airport, worth 100 million baht due to location; more persons from the family should have been killed (shot?) earlier. Unfortunately not first we time we hear stories about fatal dispute over land and the like, and that seem to happen all over Thailand...

Shooting somebody fits in well with the TIT mentality. In the wider world guns are usually considered the cowards weapon of choice Taking out a gun and shooting someone takes no guts at all. Facing up to someone face to face and fighting it out does. As we know that is not the Thai way. So either adopt the six onto one with machetes approach or use a gun.

Thailand continues to self destruct. I don't know how many nails are needed to nail down a coffin lid but Thailand appears to be well on it's way. It is such a shame as there are some wonderful people (my in-laws for example) and it is a beautiful country.

Considering the population on Samui, and the number of tourists that visit every year, I consider the shootings that happen there to be relatively few. It seems that unlike neighboring Dark Tao, the ruling families on Samui do not tolerate much in the way of a lack of discipline, and certainly would not allow a serial killer like on Dark Tao, to be on the loose. They would have taken him out within a week of those brutal double murders. As crazy and chaotic as Samui seems at times, there are families that are making fortunes, and they good a fairly good job of maintaining discipline within the ranks.

Whenever a mass shooting occurs, a debate about gun violence ensues. An often-cited counter to the point about the United States high rates of gun homicides is that people in other countries kill one another at the same rate using different types of weapons. Its not true.

Compared to other countries with similar levels of development or socioeconomic status, the United States has exceptional homicide rates, and its driven by gun violence.

Strongly suggest you do a bit of research instead of writing a load of rubbish. Go look on the internet.........Thailand hardly features in the statistics compared to places like Paraguay, Phillippines, South Africa USA and so on.angry.png

The Thais generally just shoot other Thais. The Americans shoot other Americans but also shoot other people's citizens in other countries. Millions of them, Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia etc etc

So per head of population the USA "wins" the killing by guns debate over Thais. Easily.

I don't think this woman was a completely innocent party. Someone obviously felt wronged by her in some way. People don't go around shooting 62 year old women for no reason. In Thailand, anyway. The random mass shootings are more of a USA style thing.

I can't think of any mass shootings of Thais grabbing a gun and walking around shooting people that they don't know.

The ongoing family disputes in the islands never ends.......

Sad for the poor woman and her family.........unfortunately, there will be payback!

I thought this was the payback for that shooting on Samui that I saw on the news about a week ago

But then I realized that this is the same story, a week later.

We live in the days of twenty four hour a day news. Hmmmm

Another day in paradise!

Yes, execution style murders are so uncommon in the UK that a "not so nice" person (made his millions in time share scams) was shoot and it took them 6 days to notice the bullet holes.

You perhaps missed the bit about recent heart surgery which at first glance made his chest look like...

large_print_tube_map.jpg

Shooting somebody fits in well with the TIT mentality. In the wider world guns are usually considered the cowards weapon of choice Taking out a gun and shooting someone takes no guts at all. Facing up to someone face to face and fighting it out does. As we know that is not the Thai way. So either adopt the six onto one with machetes approach or use a gun.

Thailand continues to self destruct. I don't know how many nails are needed to nail down a coffin lid but Thailand appears to be well on it's way. It is such a shame as there are some wonderful people (my in-laws for example) and it is a beautiful country.

This needs tidying up,

Shooting somebody fits in well with the TIT mentality (no it doesn't). In the wider world guns are usually considered the cowards weapon of choice (not anymore if ever, do you follow the queensbury rules or something) Taking out a gun and shooting someone takes no guts at all(but happens everywhere in the world what is the relevance here? ever been to mexico?). Facing up to someone face to face and fighting it out does (nope don't agree fighting solves nothing, fist fights or otherwise). As we know that is not the Thai way (or any one elses way). So either adopt the six onto one with machetes approach or use a gun.

Thailand continues to self destruct (one of the best economic examples in sea at the moment). I don't know how many nails are needed to nail down a coffin lid but Thailand appears to be well on it's way (in your blinkered view). It is such a shame as there are some wonderful people (more than some i would say the vast majority which is the same in any other country) (my in-laws for example) and it is a beautiful country (agreed).

This needs tidying up,

Shooting somebody fits in well with the TIT mentality (no it doesn't). In the wider world guns are usually considered the cowards weapon of choice (not anymore if ever, do you follow the queensbury rules or something) Taking out a gun and shooting someone takes no guts at all(but happens everywhere in the world what is the relevance here? ever been to mexico?). Facing up to someone face to face and fighting it out does (nope don't agree fighting solves nothing, fist fights or otherwise). As we know that is not the Thai way (or any one elses way). So either adopt the six onto one with machetes approach or use a gun.

Thailand continues to self destruct (one of the best economic examples in sea at the moment). I don't know how many nails are needed to nail down a coffin lid but Thailand appears to be well on it's way (in your blinkered view). It is such a shame as there are some wonderful people (more than some i would say the vast majority which is the same in any other country) (my in-laws for example) and it is a beautiful country (agreed).

Excellent response Busy bee.....thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Heyyyy! can't ban guns here, think of the hunters rights. whistling.gif

From 10 years experience, it seems to me that Koh Samui born people are a different race from the rest of Thailand, mostly 'money hungry' and extremely selfish where land is concerned.

This needs tidying up,

Excellent response Busy bee.....thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Excellent ............. example of the propaganda I see on Thaivisa, all the time, I'm getting bored by it. It is not black and white but I constantly see people painting everything in Thailand white when in reality things are somewhere in between.

Archived