Trip to lanta

swbaggies

You need to drive south from Krabi about 60km, past the airport, Klong thom etc. then you'll see a big sign for Koh Lanta (turning right). Follow that road and just before you get to the first ferry stop at the ticket office. After the first ferry just follow everyone else through Lanta Noi to the second ferry (although the bridge opens on the 22nd so you might be able to cross that instead of a second ferry).. Then you'll be in saladan - the port town of Lanta Yai. It's fairly straight forward, you should be fine :)

Mate don't worry about Googling maps, going to get yourself killed pulling over on the side of the road looking at your phone.

As post #2 instructs get to Krabi airport and just continue on, I think the actual road marker is KM74, but the sign is so big that says Lanta -> , you'll have to be pretty daft (or looking at your phone blink.png ) to miss it.

Buy your tickets for ferry 1 and 2, off you go.

For cheap accommodations (I'm not affiliated but I like these people) try Bee Garden Bungalow, super beach, close to town, fire shows & drinks on the beach at night, fun. Hang a left away from Saladan Town when hitting the main road it's on your right 1.5 kms.

• 4 weeks later...

what will it be like 1st week of May. Will there still be crossings? Will it be dead? (low season from what I've read in the past)

Yes, ferries still running. You might be in the beginning of the onshore winds, that said still businesses open so won't be as dead as it will be a month later.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the story with this new bridge only ever seen computer generated pics of it,does it stretch right from the mainland right onto lanta?

Bridge is Lanta Noi to Lanta Yai ...... still a ferry from mainland to Lanta Noi.

• 4 months later...

Archived