Thaivisa web site performance continues to worsen

cumgranosalum

hi,

​We have installed some more monitoring software to help us diagnose why we are getting this re-occuring issue once a week. The new site is being pushed through at the moment.

TD

(7by7 emphasis)

It's not once a week; it's every day!

Some days I can't access at all, others' like today, I can access but every page is very slow to load.

On those days I can access, after making a handful of posts, or even just reading a few of topics, the whole site crashes and I cannot access again; even if I restart my computer.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes the latest version, same as the new fr.thaivisa.com

​TD

I've just had a look to the French forum and it's just like I feared: material design with massive wasting of screen real estate, abuse of bright white backgrounds and dark, high contrast page elements like title bars (an eyesore to me).

Please, pretty please keep an option to use the old theme on this forum, if it's bound to evolve towards the design of the French one.

Update, we have found what seems to be the issue, we have also had this issue confirmed by our vendor tapatalk due to an old version of the BYOD plugin. To regain stability of the forum we have disabled the tapatalk plugin until we can implement a fix which will not cause the forum to error all the time and cause the dramatic slowness we have been seeing intermittently.

We will keep you updated as we work closely with them to re-add this functionality.

Too many third party applications connected to this website making it slow to load pages.

So now I prefer to use my android tablet with TV app instead , no delays there .

Too many third party applications connected to this website making it slow to load pages.

So now I prefer to use my android tablet with TV app instead , no delays there .

Probably wishful thinking, (and maybe counter intuitive, too) but does anyone make an Android emulator that works within Windows?

I think it could be handy on several levels. I've got some handy apps on my smartphones that I'd love to have on my desktop.

Update, we have found what seems to be the issue, we have also had this issue confirmed by our vendor tapatalk due to an old version of the BYOD plugin. To regain stability of the forum we have disabled the tapatalk plugin until we can implement a fix which will not cause the forum to error all the time and cause the dramatic slowness we have been seeing intermittently.

We will keep you updated as we work closely with them to re-add this functionality.

Might this be the reason that, since today,I can't get connected through the android app anymore?

TV does not work very well on my ipad, constant crashing, while the ads are loading the post I'm trying to access becomes smaller and smaller, infact so small I cannot read the post. However it works not too bad on my android tablet, due to I believe, downloading an app, but I am not allowed to mention the name or else my post will be deleted.

TV does not work very well on my ipad, constant crashing, while the ads are loading the post I'm trying to access becomes smaller and smaller, infact so small I cannot read the post. However it works not too bad on my android tablet, due to I believe, downloading an app, but I am not allowed to mention the name or else my post will be deleted.

Tapatalk by any chance ? And does it work today ?

Yes your faster then me updating the forums the app has been re-enabled. The apps will be brought back to the stores as soon as we can.

TD

please post immediately it's back in stores. Thanks

Doesn't seem like much progress is being made !!

I can only use the site on one Browser, no apps or Chrome etc

What's going on ?

I can "rate" the site on my Android phone but not actually use it!

So how did you rate it :)

I couldn't, despite getting a message asking me to. Probably for the best, although it does seem to be working again now.

Archived