Thaivisa web site performance continues to worsen

cumgranosalum

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No connection problem for me from either Udon Thani, BKK, Koh Phangan, Pattaya, Ayutthaya or Khon Kaen as I've been at all these locations the last 4 days, using Tapatalk. But there are some "permission" error when posting, which has been there for at leased a year. It's a false error as the post gets posted, but nevertheless it is a bug that should get sorted out.

I find the Android version to be quick to load, but the normal desktop version on a Windows laptop using Internet Explorer or Firefox is the slowest loading site that access regularly. Often fails to load first time, and then takes over a 2 minutes to load fully. Then there's a delay before I can scroll. Other sites including photographic and camera sites hosted in US and Europe load much quicker,

I still think it's due to the excessive numbers of advertisements on the page, as the delay before being able to scroll coincides with the time needed for the photo's in the add at the right side of the screen to load (Currently an ad for Ukrainian brides).

I know ads mean more revenue - but excessive loading times also means fewer users.

I find the Android version to be quick to load, but the normal desktop version on a Windows laptop using Internet Explorer or Firefox is the slowest loading site that access regularly. Often fails to load first time, and then takes over a 2 minutes to load fully. Then there's a delay before I can scroll. Other sites including photographic and camera sites hosted in US and Europe load much quicker,

I still think it's due to the excessive numbers of advertisements on the page, as the delay before being able to scroll coincides with the time needed for the photo's in the add at the right side of the screen to load (Currently an ad for Ukrainian brides).

I know ads mean more revenue - but excessive loading times also means fewer users.

I do not have ads and I have no problems, so there lies the problem.

I agree , without the ads there would be no issues with explorer or chrome browsers. I save 50% of my time reading TV with the android app.

I am not a techie by any means but I have problems with the website whether I am on Win 7 or 10 or various versions of Apple OS. It seems to me the two biggest headaches are some of the ads. They just jam up everything. It seems that the ones which use shockwave: cause some major delays and the shockwave will crash and need to be reloaded.

Reading some of the other threads on the topic of performance, it seems that some folks have no problems, leading me to believe its a combination of the intrusive ads and some settings on my browser and my anti-virus/ firewall software that also slows down the loading of the intrusive ads.

Not being a wizard at the anti-malware game, most of my software is set at the default level, which may be part of the problem.

Without violating forum policy of posting methods to thwart the ads, has anyone identified tweaks to the browser and/or common security software that eases the burden and allows the ads to load faster?

Edit: I should have added the qualifier, "without exposing me to the risk of getting hit by nefarious intrusive ads, because I really don't trust some of the dodgy looking crap that comes up in the margins"

Id be curious to know if any TV member purchased anything from any ad? If people are not which, I suspect it would be prudent for TV to do away with them.M

I bought my mail order Thai bride from a ThaiVisa ad...and the ad provided a coupon code which gave me a 50% price reduction. Got a good deal. tongue.png

Seriously though, like MJCM's post above points out websites like ThaiVisa make money from ads by selling space on their sites, earn a few baht every time someone simply clicks on the ad whether they buy anything or not, etc.

Id be curious to know if any TV member purchased anything from any ad? If people are not which, I suspect it would be prudent for TV to do away with them.

Apparently you have no idea how ads serving works.

I think you should start reading this

http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/resources/tips/digital-family-life/security-how-do-free-websites-make-money

I know how it works. I was purposely being vague in my post. I had a different question and as usual TV people have to be correct and superior to others.

It's actually a bit faster today on my Windows Chrome browser , just a coincidence ?

I think it depends on which junk ads are going to appear? I had two failures to load and a 'recover web page' message this morning - and I could not scroll until the animated Thai Visa Property, Ukrainian brides, Cheap Hotel Rooms and Thai Retirement Visa ads had loaded.

Archived