Thaivisa web site performance continues to worsen

cumgranosalum

"...

It would also explain why ThaiVisa are scrapping the current site for a new in the near future...

I have seen it mentioned, most recently here, that Thaivisa is based on the Invision Power Board forum software. Do you happen to know what new platform will be used?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

All I could get this morning many times since 4 am........... PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 01F0A94A

No idea what that is about ? use True ADSL..... 50km north west of BKK

Edit: Normally get this often .......... ERROR This site cannot be reached

yet turn on a VPN = loads fast 1st time.

Normally get this often .......... ERROR This site cannot be reached

This seems to indicate that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is the source of the problem.

If you know how to do it, replace the DNS settings of your ISP with those of Google, ie 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4, on your computer or the modem, or continue to use a VPN.

Normally get this often .......... ERROR This site cannot be reached

This seems to indicate that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) is the source of the problem.

If you know how to do it, replace the DNS settings of your ISP with those of Google, ie 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4, on your computer or the modem, or continue to use a VPN.

Not that....... My Settings have been on Google for years 8.8.8.8 with secondary 8.8.4.4

All I could get this morning many times since 4 am........... PHP has encountered an Access Violation at 01F0A94A

Hum... a message coming from PHP would normally indicate a server-side issue. PHP is the interpreter that runs the forum's code on the server. This message is weird however, I have never seen it and it seems unexpected to me that an access violation message would be pushed verbatim like this to the user's browser (and not like some generic 50x server error). In this particular case (access violation from PHP), I would say that neither your ISP nor your computer/browser are to blame IMHO.

As for the "cannot be reached", well I'd say that there's a network routing issue somewhere between True and Thaivisa's hoster.

I usually browse TV from my home country in Europe and it's been remarkably stable and responsive over the past few months. Right now I'm in the LOS (TOT) and no complaint whatsoever.

Hum... a message coming from PHP would normally indicate a server-side issue. PHP is the interpreter that runs the forum's code on the server. This message is weird however, I have never seen it and it seems unexpected to me that an access violation message would be pushed verbatim like this to the user's browser (and not like some generic 50x server error). In this particular case (access violation from PHP), I would say that neither your ISP nor your computer/browser are to blame IMHO.

As for the "cannot be reached", well I'd say that there's a network routing issue somewhere between True and Thaivisa's hoster.

I usually browse TV from my home country in Europe and it's been remarkably stable and responsive over the past few months. Right now I'm in the LOS (TOT) and no complaint whatsoever.

Interesting information, Lanning. Does it mean that it will be difficult to pin down the cause of the type of problem that Ignis has and eliminate it?

As do I (the UK) and, as I've said before, my experience is the complete opposite of yours.

Regardless of ISP, browser and device used.

As do I (the UK) and, as I've said before, my experience is the complete opposite of yours.

one has to consider if it's anything to do with the functions used....

I notice huge difference in the number of posts between Lannig and 7by7.

I have noticed that frequently my replies/topics come up 2 or 3 times - this should only be possible with a 14 second gap.......I just get a message saying I cannot post for 14 seconds and then when I go on line it has appeared twice or even thrice.

when typing in a reply the cursor ends up about 2 or 3 lines above where it should be etc etc.......this is not speed, as people keep trying to tell me, it is incorrect functioning of a "button".

...when typing in a reply the cursor ends up about 2 or 3 lines above where it should be etc etc.......this is not speed, as people keep trying to tell me, it is incorrect functioning of a "button".

Is this on a laptop with a touch pad?

one has to consider if it's anything to do with the functions used....

I'm a long time TV user but I post irregularly. I've been through long periods of total silence. However I browse a lot and as of the past few months, I've been fairly active posting. No trouble experienced while posting.

I have noticed that frequently my replies/topics come up 2 or 3 times - this should only be possible with a 14 second gap.......I just get a message saying I cannot post for 14 seconds and then when I go on line it has appeared twice or even thrice.

I've had this happening on other forums. It typically is a timeout receiving the HTTP response from the forum to the post action. Your post actually is received by the server, but the response it sends doesn't reach your client within the allowed timeout. You therefore have the impression that your message didn't make it through, and usually repost. Hence the duplicates. Root cause is poor connectivity between your machine and TV server IMHO. Don't know if the whole of UK has routing issues with that particular hoster in Singapore. I'm in France and again, no problem here.

when typing in a reply the cursor ends up about 2 or 3 lines above where it should be etc etc.......this is not speed, as people keep trying to tell me, it is incorrect functioning of a "button".

The WYSIWIG editor can go a bit berserk sometimes. I've had mispositioned cursors on occasions too, but a page refresh normally fixes it.

I normally switch to the BBCode mode when replying to messages with a complex, nested structure (such as this one).

onsider if it's anything to do with the functions used....

I'm a long time TV user but I post irregularly. I've been through long periods of total silence. However I browse a lot and as of the past few months, I've been fairly active posting. No trouble experienced while posting.

I've had this happening on other forums. It typically is a timeout receiving the HTTP response from the forum to the post action. Your post actually is received by the server, but the response it sends doesn't reach your client within the allowed timeout. You therefore have the impression that your message didn't make it through, and usually repost. Hence the duplicates. Root cause is poor connectivity between your machine and TV server IMHO. Don't know if the whole of UK has routing issues with that particular hoster in Singapore. I'm in France and again, no problem here.

The WYSIWIG editor can go a bit berserk sometimes. I've had mispositioned cursors on occasions too, but a page refresh normally fixes it.

I normally switch to the BBCode mode when replying to messages with a complex, nested structure (such as this one).

" You therefore have the impression that your message didn't make it through, and usually repost." - I don't repost it happens instantaneously and then comes up up to 3 times - even though I'm not allowed to post more then once in 14 seconds.

I'm in Thailand at present.

WYSIWYG editor is part on TV right?

WYSIWYG editor is part on TV right?

Sorry I'm not sure I get your question here.

The post user interface has two modes controller by the electrical switch icon at top left: WYSIWYG and BBCode.

The WYSIWYG editor is mostly Javascript, so it's code sent by the TV server but executed by your browser.

Yep, lots of trouble over the past 5 hours or so.

From site completely unreachable to refused connections, then database errors displayed.

Something went really wrong? a DoS attack of some sort?

+1.

It's a shame that the ThaiVisa Pingdom status page isn't reachable anymore, there you really could see the uptime etc.

You have read the Hun Hin news or watched the video? I suspect that is the cause. Currently there seems to still be about twice the number of forum users than is normal.

Hmmm... far reached I'd say, I wouldn't expect this sad event to drag in as many users, as, say, a new coup rolleyes.gif

But who knows?

You have read the Hun Hin news or watched the video? I suspect that is the cause. Currently there seems to still be about twice the number of forum users than is normal.

Hmmm... far reached I'd say, I wouldn't expect this sad event to drag in as many users, as, say, a new coup rolleyes.gif

But who knows?

Between the two hua hin topics there are around 3700 viewers there alone at the moment. Probably much more shortly after breaking the news.

I agree another coup when/ if that happens it seems the site would crash automatically ( NOT ideal for a news site is it)as dramatic as the Hua hin story is i suspect that news would be more overwhelming

Archived