Man dies after being savagely attacked by his ladyboy husband in Cha Am

webfact

Just to remark on the rampant homophobia and transphobia both in the newspaper and in the ignorant comments here:

I am pretty sure that you all would fight tooth and nail for the right to call yourself whatever gender you saw yourself as?

Imagine coming to Thailand where by some official quirk you were considered female and your Thai license said as much?

You guys are not the arbiters of another persons body or mind and neither is any government. Now, scientifically, there are only 2 genders and it is not necessary to make those kind of comments . . . . they add nothing to any conversation and they are not funny.

If those kind of comments made people laugh . . .okay, but they don't.

If a ladyboy or anyone else chooses to be called 'she' that's 'her' choice.

Neither was she 'the husband' as the newspaper so crassly suggests.

A murderer, that seems likely and why she has been released, I have no inkling???

Transphobia-just like the old school racism when a black man's choice to think of himself as human was denied.

Transphobia-just like the old school racism when a black man's choice to think of himself as human was denied.

Which takes my thoughts completely off topic, to that immortal quote .......

"In future call me Loretta, It's my right as a man, I want to have babies"

Back on topic,

Poor guy, nobody should be beaten and left to die, especially by someone they loved, and lived with.

No matter what their respective sexes.

So an Australian wife with a male Thai name, and an Ladyboy husband..... did I get this right? Seems to me you can put a Thai man in a skirt, but he still flips out just like many other Thai men at the smallest provocation. A pair of fake breasts and a skirt does not a woman make.

Thawee Chomphukhiaw, 36, a native of Surin, had been kicked multiple times in the ribs and attacked with a coat hanger.

Where do you get an Ozzy out of the above.

So an Australian wife with a male Thai name, and an Ladyboy husband..... did I get this right? Seems to me you can put a Thai man in a skirt, but he still flips out just like many other Thai men at the smallest provocation. A pair of fake breasts and a skirt does not a woman make.

And a woman is even more dangerous !

And a woman is even more dangerous !

It appears by the article, that they were both Thai, so I am not sure where the info about a farang husband is coming from. The husband is named Thawee Chomphukhiaw. It says a native of Surin.

​I don't have much experience with ladyboys. But, I do hear about alot of incidents caused by them. At least a portion of them, seem to be a troubled lot. Life is not easy for any of us, can you imagine adding a sexual identity component to the mix? Hard to even fathom wanting to change my gender. Looking in the mirror, and being unhappy that I am a man. Wow. Talk about complications. Not saying that was the case here, but this guy sounds like he was troubled. Why not just walk away from a bad relationship? Why behave in such a desperate fashion. Killing someone with a coat hanger? That tops them all.

And don't count on the keystone cops to solve this crime. It is far too simple and straight forward for them. They tend to get very confounded when they cannot label it a suicide.

It's not a she...

why not?

pronouns are used to communicate.

ever been to England? heard of the royal we?

why can't a person identify their own gender and name and which pronouns they wish to be used.

gender identity is on a spectrum in the human condition and why shouldn't it be?

sexuality is on a spectrum and why shouldn't it be? some salt and pepper, others like it spicy, others abstinence

gender identity and sexual identity are two different identities.

the world is learning this.

if you have ever had a friend who was gay but identified as male and one of the guys but felt he had to hide it his life until finally at 30 he came out ... and saw what that did to him psychologically and the relief he felt afterwards and how much happier he is... as I have seen, you may wonder why people are so hung up on gender identities, sex identities, preferences etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

RIP to the victim.

The ladyboy has committed a vicious murder, and should be punished accordingly. It's mystifying how she was released by the police, especially as they can keep people in custody for merely belonging to a Bridge club in Pattaya.

Just as some ladyboys are violent, so are some men and some women. Individual acts of violence by men and women never lead to generalizations about either gender. But I expect that those already with a negative view of ladyboys, as all being violent lunatics and robbers, will just see this murder as further confirmation of their prejudice.

Yep, I guess that's if a crime reinforces one's bias then more is made of the fact that the perp was a . . . .(in this case) ladyboy.

I would tend to disagree with the comment, although genuinely made, that ladyboys are often troubled souls.

Thais are not often self-reflective souls and unlike westerners never position themselves as victims.

This crime is probably unrelated to gender and more likely a domestic incident of eclectic causes?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived