Air Asia & Don Mueang Airport (Q).

tomx2

Hi.

My questions are related to Air Asia and Don Mueang airport.

AIR ASIA Airline:

Every year I normally travel to Cambodia for 4 Weeks.

Using Bell Travel service. Pattaya > Suvarnabhumi > Bangkok Airways > Phnom Penh.

This year I want to spend 7 weeks in Cambodia. The cost for 7 weeks compared to 4 using Bangkok Airways will increase to $100.00 more than the standard 4 weeks ticket price.

I'm looking to use Air Asia for the first time flying out of Bangkok to Cambodia.

Question(s):

1. For those who frequently use Air Asia, is there much overbooking by Air Asia?

2. Are you still guaranteed a flight out (that day) upon your arrival?

3. Any advice to securing a confirmed seat would be helpful.

DON MUEANG AIRPORT:

Getting to Suvarnabhumi from Pattaya using Bell travel is no problem.

Reading some previous posts, I should be able to connect with the free Shuttle service at Suvarnabhumi to Don Mueang airport and board Air Asia.

Question(s):

1. I will have 2 large bags. Will the free shuttle service charge me for luggage from Suvarnabhumi to Don Mueang?

Returning from Cambodia I need to connect to Bell Travel at Suvarnabhumi airport.

2. If I have no return ticket flying out of Suvarnabhumi, I cannot board the free Shuttle at Don Mueang – Is that correct?

3. Any alternative services getting to Suvarnabhumi airport from Don Mueang? (Keep in mind I have 2 large luggage).

4. If I take a taxi from Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi airport, are there metered available, or how much should I negotiate a fare with the driver from Don Mueang to Suvarnabhumi airport?

Thanks.

TC.

Question(s):

1. For those who frequently use Air Asia, is there much overbooking by Air Asia?

2. Are you still guaranteed a flight out (that day) upon your arrival?

3. Any advice to securing a confirmed seat would be helpful.

1. No

2. Don't understand this question

3. Book and pay for the flight. Select and pay for a seat during booking. Check in online well ahead of the flight

Question(s):

1. I will have 2 large bags. Will the free shuttle service charge me for luggage from Suvarnabhumi to Don Mueang?

Returning from Cambodia I need to connect to Bell Travel at Suvarnabhumi airport.

2. If I have no return ticket flying out of Suvarnabhumi, I cannot board the free Shuttle at Don Mueang – Is that correct?

3. Any alternative services getting to Suvarnabhumi airport from Don Mueang? (Keep in mind I have 2 large luggage).

4. If I take a taxi from Don Muang to Suvarnabhumi airport, are there metered available, or how much should I negotiate a fare with the driver from Don Mueang to Suvarnabhumi airport?

1. No charge for luggage on the shuttle bus. If you can carry it yourself and there's room, you can bring it free on the bus

2. Not correct. Ticket to/from either airport on the day will get you on the bus

3. Taxi

4. Never negotiate, worst thing you can do. Meter only. All taxis at DMK have a meter, its up to you to make sure they use it. Get the negotiating a fare idea out of your mind

1. No charge for luggage on the shuttle bus. If you can carry it yourself and there's room, you can bring it free on the bus

And you have to carry yourself as there is no underneath baggage compartment and no helping hand.

2. Not correct. Ticket to/from either airport on the day will get you on the bus

Do you speak from own experience? I am surprised.

Do you speak from own experience? I am surprised.

Yes, unless something has changed in the last couple of months. Have used many times in past

Happy to be corrected if my info is not up to date

Thanks to all for your replies.

@Argus TufT.

To be more clear re: question (2). If I arrive at Air Asia for a flight that is overbooked, will the Airline get you on a later flight that day? Or will you be on standby until the following day.

Just to clarify. I have a e-ticket flying out of Don Mueang. When returning to Don Mueang (from Cambodia), I have no e-ticket flying out of Suvarnabhumi. I can present my RT e-ticket flying out/in of Don Mueang to board the free Shuttle to Suvarnabhumi.

I have lived in Thailand for 5 years. There are a few instances when i needed to get somewhere, whereby taxis refuse to use a meter. Can you give me an idea how much it should cost to go from Don Mueang to Suvarnabhumi by taxi if I cannot board the free shuttle?

Thanks.

TC.

@Argus TufT.

Just to get clarification. If I have a e-ticket flying out of Don Mueang. When returning to Don Mueang (from Cambodia), I will have no e-ticket flying out of Suvarnabhumi. I can present my RT e-ticket flying out/in of Don Mueang to board the free Shuttle to Suvarnabhumi.

Is that correct?

Thanks.

TC.

Made a couple of editing changes to my original paragraph. See bold above.

TC.

AA (FD) does NOT overbook as itsimply raises prices when more+more seats are sold. This holds for about any of the lowcostairls. PLUS that it does not have ''transits in delay'' that may play havock with traditional airls. basic info that any frequent traveller knows.

Archived