International departure from Don Mueang

Just noticed a complete mess up on my part. I have a flight booked tomorrow morning from Buriram with an arrival in Don Mueang at 8:35 AM. My international flight from Don Mueang to Singapore is at 9:35 AM (only gives me 1 hour). Do I have enough time to get through immigration and catch my flight. I am the only passenger with 1 checked bag and 1 carry on bag.

I had a complete brain fart when I checked the arrival time at Don Mueang.

Edit - My other option is to drive to Bangkok today/tonight.

Not visa related, I'll move to the Don Mueang Forum.

My gut feeling is that you will not have enough time, you'll probably have to re-check in and clear Immigration and possibly even a change of terminal. Even though your flight is scheduled to arrive at 08.35, you'll be aware that you're not going to be off the aircraft at that time.

Not visa related, I'll move to the Don Mueang Forum.

My gut feeling is that you will not have enough time, you'll probably have to re-check in and clear Immigration and possibly even a change of terminal. Even though your flight is scheduled to arrive at 08.35, you'll be aware that you're not going to be off the aircraft at that time.

Sorry about the wrong forum. I figured the same thing about time. I have just never gone through DM airport before and was hoping I could be lucky enough.

Thanks for the reply.

Domestic flights arrive at T-2, then you'll walk to baggage claim, might be lucky and your bag will already be there.

On to T-1, Don Muang's international terminal. Hmmm, didn't I see something about a rehab for T-1? The international flight might be out of T-2, don't know, you'd better ask, and ask what Row handles the check-in for your flight.

Gotta hustle, get to check-in before it closes. Then security, then a walk (run?) to the gate for you flight.

Got a place to park your car down this way? Alternatively, take a bus, can request the driver to let you off at Don Muang.

Mac

Domestic flights arrive at T-2, then you'll walk to baggage claim, might be lucky and your bag will already be there.

On to T-1, Don Muang's international terminal. Hmmm, didn't I see something about a rehab for T-1? The international flight might be out of T-2, don't know, you'd better ask, and ask what Row handles the check-in for your flight.

Gotta hustle, get to check-in before it closes. Then security, then a walk (run?) to the gate for you flight.

Got a place to park your car down this way? Alternatively, take a bus, can request the driver to let you off at Don Muang.

Mac

Thanks T-Mac

I'm on the fence about taking the Buriram flight but not wanting to risk the flight being late, then a mess up with the baggage, and miss my marks by 15 seconds (exaggeration) and then completely miss the flight to Singapore. I've talked it over with the Mrs. and we've decided to drive to Bangkok tonight just to be safe.

This was a last minute booking for work and I didn't take the time to think things out completely. Live and learn, right?

Could you give details about the DMK to SIN flight?

Tomorrow, March 17, 9:35h (in the morning), nonstop?

I ask because I can not find it with the usual search sites.

This is not a direct flight. It stops in Phuket. The flight from DM to Phuket is Thai Airways, then Phuket to Singapore is Silk Airlines.

Edit- Arrive in Singapore Changi at 5:40 PM.

I see!

That makes it a bit easier and ridicules your thread title tongue.png

You arrive with NokAir at terminal 2.

And the flight to Phuket is a domestic departure from Don Mueang and will be the same terminal 2.

Much easier!

No immigration check in Don Mueang but in Phuket.

If NokAir doesn't produce a ridiculous delay, you should make it.

Be careful with this strange new security procedure for the baggage at Don Mueang.

You have to watch your bag being x-rayed in some "glas chamber' and wait for your name to be OK'd before proceeding (I don't remember this exactly).

It's three completely separated legs(flights).

Your Thai Smile flight arrives at Phuket at 10:55h.

Silk Air flight departs at 14:55h.

Enough time to go to the beach biggrin.png(that was a joke).

In Phuket again you have to pickup baggage and check-in.

You could ask NokAir if they can check bags through to Phuket, but I guess answer is NO.

If you miss the Thai Smile flight you have to look and pay for a later flight with another airline.

Four flights with enough time in Phuket, but of course full payment for a new oneway to Phuket.

The next Thai Smile is too late.

I see!

That makes it a bit easier and ridicules your thread title tongue.png

You arrive with NokAir at terminal 2.

And the flight to Phuket is a domestic departure from Don Mueang and will be the same terminal 2.

Much easier!

No immigration check in Don Mueang but in Phuket.

If NokAir doesn't produce a ridiculous delay, you should make it.

Be careful with this strange new security procedure for the baggage at Don Mueang.

You have to watch your bag being x-rayed in some "glas chamber' and wait for your name to be OK'd before proceeding (I don't remember this exactly).

It's three completely separated legs(flights).

Your Thai Smile flight arrives at Phuket at 10:55h.

Silk Air flight departs at 14:55h.

Enough time to go to the beach biggrin.png(that was a joke).

In Phuket again you have to pickup baggage and check-in.

You could ask NokAir if they can check bags through to Phuket, but I guess answer is NO.

I didn't even think about that. I may not have screwed the moose so to speak. I should have enough time within an hour to get off one plane, grab the bag and check in at another line. Even if the first flight is 15 minutes late, I should be able to do that. I have 4 hours in Phuket to do the immigration.

Unless things take longer than I think.......

If you miss the Thai Smile flight you have to look and pay for a later flight with another airline.

Four flights with enough time in Phuket, but of course full payment for a new oneway to Phuket.

The next Thai Smile is too late.

Thanks KBQ,

You are a wealth of information. I talked again with the boss and we she agreed it would probably be better to skip the Buriram flight and just drive the car to DM. Expensive drive, but the company I work for planned to much already for my arrival and if I miss something because it is my fault wouldn't go over too well.

Thanks again to all for the replies.

Archived