Update - Tricky area involving overstay and police

Meanwhile people who kill police officers in a hit and run case are free to depart to wherever they may like to stay away from justice.

If I was forced to chose the company I had to keep here I would definitely prefer the O.P kohbar as opposed the the car ''driver''

Edited by shunter

In the original thread that you requested to be locked, you claimed several times that you were going to pay the overstay at the airport and fly to KL or Penang to get a new visa.

This new thread suggests you went the other way and had 'your guy in Bangkok' resolve the overstay 'in-country.' Beyond the drama and stress that seems to be the biggest thing you have taken from this rodeo, I am not sure about the legality of the option chosen and even less sure if the paperwork and stamps are not somehow legally compromised if they were obtained by fraud. So why did you change your mind?

I won't pass any judgement but I consider your initial overstay as strike one, the DUI while on overstay as strike 2 and your knowingly bypassing the only legal way to resolve an overstay as strike three.

Let's just see how you do in April at Jomtien but I can't help feeling you are 'out' already. Do you live in Ubon or Jomtien BTW?

Sorry i wont discuss how the overstay was sorted but its sorted dont worry. Although looks to me like your not "worrying", more hoping for a problem. This guy in BKK has been doing it for years, he is Thai and hundreds of people have used the service and left the country afterwards no problem. Someone even got an extension in Jomtien only last week after using him. No need to pass opinion on something you dont know about. Also No need to create a problem here when there isnt.

But to answer one of your questions, yes you are correct i was planning on flying out and back. But with the long overstay, limited pages in the passport and the risk of not seeing my son for a while i chose to do the inhouse option.

I live in Ubon. Why ?

I am with NanLaew here..... I am puzzled how you summerize this experience. No matter all the bullsh;t from some, you have been acting in a bad way, and you did it even when you cleared your overstay.. Will there ever be a legal way to sort stuff for you, or just an autostrada of bad ones....

I do however for the sake of your son, hope that you will start acting like an responsible parent, and do the right things, and be a rawmodel for yout son, not just another outlaw...

Glegolo

• Like 2

Yes its mistake but hardly murder.

Drink driving is not far off, and one must question the parenting skills, intelligence and responsibility of a father who drink drives whilst on overstay and with a wife and baby at home. I'm feeling sorry for your child already.

Lets hope this is the wake up call you need.

Indeed your right lessons have been learned as i said. "drink driving is not far off"...ok each to their own. Personally i think killing someone is actually far off having 5 beers instead of 3 but ok each to their own.

I am with NanLaew here..... I am puzzled how you summerize this experience. No matter all the bullsh;t from some, you have been acting in a bad way, and you did it even when you cleared your overstay.. Will there ever be a legal way to sort stuff for you, or just an autostrada of bad ones....

I do however for the sake of your son, hope that you will start acting like an responsible parent, and do the right things, and be a rawmodel for yout son, not just another outlaw...

Glegolo

Just because you dont know how it was sorted doesnt mean it hasnt worked.

But yes your right it was wrong of me to do this while having a son and on an overstay. As i said in the post lessons learned.

• Like 1

I for one am interested on how you can sort an overstay in bangkok through the mail and how much something like that costs. How do you even make a connection like that? Honestly that info seems incredibly golden and appropriately legit on TV....too bad you can't share more details here... that kind of hook up is right up there with udonjoe intel...

Edited by fireplay
  • Like 1

In the original thread that you requested to be locked, you claimed several times that you were going to pay the overstay at the airport and fly to KL or Penang to get a new visa.

This new thread suggests you went the other way and had 'your guy in Bangkok' resolve the overstay 'in-country.' Beyond the drama and stress that seems to be the biggest thing you have taken from this rodeo, I am not sure about the legality of the option chosen and even less sure if the paperwork and stamps are not somehow legally compromised if they were obtained by fraud. So why did you change your mind?

I won't pass any judgement but I consider your initial overstay as strike one, the DUI while on overstay as strike 2 and your knowingly bypassing the only legal way to resolve an overstay as strike three.

Let's just see how you do in April at Jomtien but I can't help feeling you are 'out' already. Do you live in Ubon or Jomtien BTW?

Sorry i wont discuss how the overstay was sorted but its sorted dont worry. Although looks to me like your not "worrying", more hoping for a problem. This guy in BKK has been doing it for years, he is Thai and hundreds of people have used the service and left the country afterwards no problem. Someone even got an extension in Jomtien only last week after using him. No need to pass opinion on something you dont know about. Also No need to create a problem here when there isnt.

But to answer one of your questions, yes you are correct i was planning on flying out and back. But with the long overstay, limited pages in the passport and the risk of not seeing my son for a while i chose to do the inhouse option.

I live in Ubon. Why ?

There's legions of pension-age foreigners living in LOS that manage to get their annual Retirement or Marriage extension done without having the actual funds required to qualify for one let alone a letter attesting to having these funds. They avail themselves of several methods, some that entail short-term deposits in their personal bank accounts (and a bung to turn a blind eye to the duration of the deposit) to straight cash payments to Immigration people for stamps with no bank statements or other documentary evidence required. These Thai facilitators, just like 'your guy', have been doing it for years and people come and go (or not if they so chose) without any issues. If you too are comfortable 'solving' a illegality with yet another illegality is entirely up to you. Good luck on that chosen path.

I think the Immigration laws only allow for you to file visa extensions at the Immigration office that has jurisdiction over the area where you actually live. You say are planning to do your Immigration business at Jomtien next month? I think the only thing that a foreigner can do at any Immigration office is the 90-day report.

Edited by NanLaew

I for one am interested on how you can sort an overstay in bangkok through the mail and how much something like that costs. How do you even make a connection like that? Honestly that info seems incredibly golden and appropriately legit on TV....too bad you can't share more details here... that kind of hook up is right up there with udonjoe intel...

Happy to tell anyone who sends me a PM :) Yes it is golden and saved me.

• Like 1

I live in Ubon. Why ?

There's legions of pension-age foreigners living in LOS that manage to get their annual Retirement or Marriage extension done without having the actual funds required to qualify for one let alone a letter attesting to having these funds. They avail themselves of several methods, some that entail short-term deposits in their personal bank accounts (and a bung to turn a blind eye to the duration of the deposit) to straight cash payments to Immigration people for stamps with no bank statements or other documentary evidence required. These Thai facilitators, just like 'your guy', have been doing it for years and people come and go (or not if they so chose) without any issues. If you too are comfortable 'solving' a illegality with yet another illegality is entirely up to you. Good luck on that chosen path.

I think the Immigration laws only allow for you to file visa extensions at the Immigration office that has jurisdiction over the area where you actually live. You say are planning to do your Immigration business at Jomtien next month? I think the only thing that a foreigner can do at any Immigration office is the 90-day report.

Oh dear. Again just because you dont know its possible doesnt mean its not possible.

If you dont know that with the right connections visas can be done at Jomtien then fine but doesnt mean its not possible. Anyway forget the one year.

My overstay is done mate, its real, sorry to dissapoint you but its all sorted. I have the out stamp, in stamp and exit stamp for April. Hundreds of people used the service with no complaints. You just need to accept its real, its done and these things are possible even IF you dont know about them.

Edited by kohbar
  • Like 2

I live in Ubon. Why ?

Oh dear. Again just because you dont know its possible doesnt mean its not possible.

If you dont know that with the right connections visas can be done at Jomtien then fine but doesnt mean its not possible. Anyway forget the one year.

My overstay is done mate, its real, sorry to dissapoint you but its all sorted. I have the out stamp, in stamp and exit stamp for April. Hundreds of people used the service with no complaints. You just need to accept its real, its done and these things are possible even IF you dont know about them.

I think the key point you may be missing is there is a difference between something being done under the table and the actual thing being done not valid. There is a difference. 1 year visas are possible at Jomtien. The process is under the table but the visa itself is legal and valid. Just like with the overstay the process was under the table but the result is legal and valid. Just because something is done under the table does not mean the result is illegal or not valid.

Hope this clears things up a little.

• Like 2

Glad to hear it worked out well. Again we see more and more reports that show overstay really isn't the crime of the century, really just an minor administrative infraction. Also not surprised to see there are agents that can rectify it in-country, I wouldn't be surprised if they can do it after March 20th without the attached blacklisting too.

• Like 2

Thank you for the note that there are fixers around. I have heard about them for years but when such topics were raised in my presence, I either said please talk about something else or I walked out of the room. If such services are available for persons, good for them. I don't need them and don't contemplate to ever need them.

All it would ever take is for the person accepting the under the table payment and providing valid extensions, etc. to get into trouble and then maybe try to get out of trouble by identifying all those to whom he/she has supplied such services and then things might not be so rosy.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

Glad to hear it worked out well. Again we see more and more reports that show overstay really isn't the crime of the century, really just an minor administrative infraction. Also not surprised to see there are agents that can rectify it in-country, I wouldn't be surprised if they can do it after March 20th without the attached blacklisting too.

Thanks.

Regards to what you said. Realism vs idealism I think. Many people on here just dont know what is possible or like/want to think these things are not possible. Ive been here for 9 years, when i was in my 2nd year i saw one of my best freinds run down by a drunk foreigner in a 4x4. Next morning the foreigner was out of the country having paid 2 million baht. What that showed me is if murder can be paid off in 12 hours then anything below that is not even worth debating. Its all about money and if you have it at the right time.

Thailand is still a very corrupt country and that wont change quickly. I wouldn't be surprised also if things like this are possible. In fact the guy even said to me he still expects business as usual after 20th March.

Edited by kohbar

I bet there will be TV members spitting feathers over this story! It's a lawless country so these things can be sorted on a daily basis.

certainly will be some unhappy keyboard warriors who think overstayers have a big impact on immigration policy.

You must of seen the lines "people like you make it bad for all of us". Both an untrue and unrealistic statement. Politicians and civil servants are not sitting around tables weekly saying "well if there were just no overstayers then we would completely revolutionize our whole immigration policy"...i dont think so. Most of their laws were set post war and are still in place. They are old and protectionist laws which would be in place anyway. Whats more most overstayers are actually from neighbouring countries anyway. As long as those countries are poorer (which is likely to be a long time) then there will always be illegals. So is Thailand just never going to change immigration policy until there are 0 overstayers...i dont think so. Even Thai officials wouldnt think that. No, Thai immigration laws are like they are because of nationalism, protectionism and aging theories of the outside....not because 1% of the aliens overstay.

Edited by kohbar
  • Like 2

... and such things do sometimes go askew. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Police-to-check-on-foreigners-involved-in-marriage-30246077.html

... what if the fixer who still expects to be in business post -March 20 inadvertently and unknowingly fixes the overstay of someone who then proves to be a participant in something like the 2015 Erewan Shrine bombing and you were also on the list of such fixer's clients?

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

What the OP has done re clearing overstay has been possible for years

However OP I wouldn't go as far as giving details to total strangers in PM's, you don't know who those strangers are, the Thai Government DO read Thai Visa and you would be foolish to divulge details in a PM the same as you are foolish to admit to it on a public forum

I would advise you to stop repeating what you have done

"as you are foolish to admit to it on a public forum"

Who is ? Who am i ? Dont you think ive thought of that ?!!

NanLaew

"Things acquired illegally tend to be illegal!

--

Not in Thailand. Straight away from that one sentence I now know that you dont know anything when it comes to Thailand specifically. There are lots of things that can be acquired or dealt with by the backdoor but have a legal conclusion. If you dont know it(which clearly you do not) then what can i do.

I think you may be mixing your passion with hating the fact i have got through this with your knowledge of Thailand. I know you hate the fact i got through this but it doesnt mean it hasnt happened. I am actually here, i am real and in April I will be getting a one year visa. Just like hundreds of other people have in the past.....and even as close as last week. Are you saying that they all have something coming later....like a big conspiracy...lol lol.

Its done mate, its real. I already told you someone who had a 4 year overstay cleared has recently got his 30 day extended. Are you saying they all imagined it..lol. Do you honestly think these things are not possible or do you just not want to admit to being corrected. You are picking out individual stories and then using them as benchmarks to say nothing is possible under the table. Weird logic.

As for your 9 year babble. Ill say what i want mate and i dont need, nor require your approval. Im sure your perfect in every way and never done anything wrong. Like a little angel. Except clearly your an angel with no knowledge of Thailand apart from some news clippings.

You messed up, you made an opinion based on poor knowledge and now wont back down on it. Im done mate, go learn something.

Edited by kohbar
  • Like 2

Was there ever an option to pay off the cops who initially caught you drink driving?

People always say "sort" the issue before you get to the station.

Yes, this is the irony. It could of been sorted that night but for translation problems.

What the OP has done re clearing overstay has been possible for years

However OP I wouldn't go as far as giving details to total strangers in PM's, you don't know who those strangers are, the Thai Government DO read Thai Visa and you would be foolish to divulge details in a PM the same as you are foolish to admit to it on a public forum

I would advise you to stop repeating what you have done

"as you are foolish to admit to it on a public forum"

Who is ? Who am i ? Dont you think ive thought of that ?!!

You live in Ubon, you have recently been arrested for drink driving, you then admit to clearing a overstay without leaving the country (illegal)

Thai Cops are not the brightest in the world but even they wouldn't have any trouble in working out who you are by making a phone call to Ubon Police

I had some sympathy for you before but it's obvious you're not the sharpest tool in the box, admitting to illegal things on a public forum when all it would take is one phone call to track you down? Oh dear

Conspiracy theories galore today. So what your saying is that just at this exact moment a member of the Thai police in that specific station is surfing TV and happens to read English (which none did before) !!!!! Then happens to be the same officer that dealt with my case and then works it out. Then, even though the case is closed actually wants to go out of his way to open it up again all because he doesnt like my tone. Then he is going to action a province wide manhunt using mass manpower looking for a foreigner that actually could be in the hills of Chiang Mai to the depths of Yala right now.

I think you might not be the sharpest tool in the box. Stay off the movies and conspiracy theories i would say..lol lol

Edited by kohbar
  • Like 1

Whatever, you're a fool

I broke the law and I will brag about it on a public forum, Idiotic springs to mind

Ubon Police might not speak English but the ones that monitor this forum certainly do,

You have enough people on here telling you what a idiot you are, I won't add any more, let's hope that stamp you got is a fake, see if you're on here bragging about it then

• Like 1