Update - Tricky area involving overstay and police

Whatever, you're a fool

I broke the law and I will brag about it on a public forum, Idiotic springs to mind

Ubon Police might not speak English but the ones that monitor this forum certainly do,

You have enough people on here telling you what a idiot you are, I won't add any more, let's hope that stamp you got is a fake, see if you're on here bragging about it then

Personal attack always mean desperate.

ah ok so now its a national conspiracy to get me. ok mate whatever you say. stay off the weed i would say ;)

• Like 1

Remember this. Thai people in the system don't grass one another.

Yep, why would a Thai go out of his way to get other Thais in trouble. ie my contact.

Again just another sign of people not really knowing the score.

Whatever, you're a fool

I broke the law and I will brag about it on a public forum, Idiotic springs to mind

Ubon Police might not speak English but the ones that monitor this forum certainly do,

You have enough people on here telling you what a idiot you are, I won't add any more, let's hope that stamp you got is a fake, see if you're on here bragging about it then

You just need to handle the fact im clear, i know its tough dear man.

Enjoy your weed and conspiracy movies ;)

Yep, why would a Thai go out of his way to get other Thais in trouble. ie my contact.

As long as....it's done inside where it needs to be done and not in some Khaosan road shop.

Where who you're doing business with comes into play.

But there is some risk there though, I will tell you.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

As long as....it's done inside where it needs to be done and not in some Khaosan road shop.

Where who you're doing business with comes into play.

Yep totally.

This was all done by actual immigration police who have been doing it for years. So the trolls can stick that cant they :)

Edited by kohbar

Yep totally.

This was all done by actual immigration police who have been doing it for years. So the trolls can stick that cant they :)

And how do you know that?

There were cases I know of where it worked on extensions, as long as they are for real. But there is some small risk they are not.

As for the overstay issue, the problem in these situations is the exit stamp not being recorded in the computer.

Yep totally.

This was all done by actual immigration police who have been doing it for years. So the trolls can stick that cant they smile.png

And how do you know that?

There were cases I know of where it worked on extensions, as long as they are for real. But there is some small risk they are not.

As for the overstay issue, the problem in these situations is the exit stamp not being recorded in the computer.

Because ive known this guy in BKK for years and known lots of other people who have used him and left the country or got extensions.

Yeah, it does come down to that doesn't it. Credibility.

Yep, and this guy has a very high one. Otherwise he wouldnt be able to keep going and keep getting referrals. Its as simple as that.

Anyway asked Ubonjoe to close the thread now. Ive updated, its served its purpose.

Ill update again in April when i have the 1 year. Wonder what the conspiracy trolls will come up with then ;)

There is a good chance that if any future immigration officer is paying attention - you could be getting yourself into more trouble than you are bargaining for (especially with new rules coming into effect). You really should have actually exited - paid the fine, got a visa and returned.... but for whatever reason you decided not to.

- potential for a counterfeit stamp (one that is not recorded in the system).

- potential for them to allegedly backdate your exit (thus keeping the "fine" as more profit)... being a software developer - any transactional system is usually recorded with dates that are not accessable to users of the system which would record the actual date of the transaction (assuming they put it in the system). End result is if someone is paying attention and they don't match - you could get yourself into trouble since your stamp would then again be considered counterfeit.

So yes, your passport may all look great - but you have added risk to your future by trying to have it dealt with through unofficial channels. This could lead to future arrest for counterfeit stamps, potential banning since you did not correct the overstay properly, etc. etc.

All I can say is I really hope you did not make the situation worse because of your actions following the already irresponsible actions.

Thank you for the note that there are fixers around. I have heard about them for years but when such topics were raised in my presence, I either said please talk about something else or I walked out of the room. If such services are available for persons, good for them. I don't need them and don't contemplate to ever need them.

All it would ever take is for the person accepting the under the table payment and providing valid extensions, etc. to get into trouble and then maybe try to get out of trouble by identifying all those to whom he/she has supplied such services and then things might not be so rosy.

Didn't you just walk into the room, metaphorically speaking, and talk about the topic in depth?

Obviously over 50s don't need agents, that goes without saying.

Yeah I agree with bkkcanuck8 there, an extension is one thing, because if the one that's extending it is "uneducated about Immigration laws" and puts that 1 year stamp with less documentation, that's a different story, it's his liability.

Exit stamps are yours.

Don't want to be negative, just trying to keep it real.