BANGKOK 27 May 2019 17:17

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Man executed in front of wife in 'murder capital' of Thailand. But she is saying nothing.

Loyalty is to the blood relatives, not the husband who has worked hard and provided her with security and a lifestyle for many years.

Nothing to do with loyalty, all to do with saving her own skin. She's next if she makes any sound at all!

Loyalty is to the blood relatives, not the husband who has worked hard and provided her with security and a lifestyle for many years.

And when they are off sh*gging Thai Gik's it's quite often loyalty to poverty!

Nit pick time:

"Murder capital" would be money (capital) used to invest in murder

"Murder capitol" would be informal center of murder, along lines of "hub of murder" I would guess.

Well nit pick correctly!

Murder Capital - can refer to a city (as in capital city of a country)

Capital - can mean money but actually refers to assets that could be money or property

Capital - can also mean something is very good (old fashioned expression)

but your best error is capitol!

Capitol - refers to a building or a group of buildings that state legislative meets. If you were to capitalize it - Capitol - then it refers directly to the building in Washington DC

Really? Capital of murder?

I have been living in NST for almost 2 years (not in the city, in a village about 50 km from it). I go quite often to NST Muang and I haven't really felt like being in the capital of murder.

What I have noticed is that there are a lot of boutique hotels, fancy coffee shops, residential buildings, all of them new or under construction. I' ve even heard that there are some plans to settle a water park. Simple investments or money laundering from crime business?

Which TV channel is this new Thai soap on?

It's called Real Life and is shown on all Thai channels

But the plot's been around forever.

Nit pick time:

"Murder capital" would be money (capital) used to invest in murder

"Murder capitol" would be informal center of murder, along lines of "hub of murder"

(Edit) Oh never mind gigglem.gif

Stay tuned they will swiftly find the perpetrator. Is there a word in the Thai language meaning swiftly. I so seldom see it applied here.

'Police said that they believed the victim had been shot once in the head, then turned over and finished off, to make sure he was dead.' With five shots to the head and nine to the body. A pity Thais aren't so thorough in everything else they do.

When someone gets shot/stabbed/bullied/raped/robbed/kidnapped etc ... On Thai TV's dramas every night... Is it surprising that this becomes normal behaviour in real life?...

Mrs Sgt. Schultz? gigglem.gif

Busy with Col Klink.