Is it too late to stop the Donald Trump machine?

webfact

Publicus, your quote is interesting but not all Americans think the same obviously. Most don't even follow this story. Many will go to vote without any real analysis of any of it just as they will in Thailand next month. Sorry but it's the truth. Just look what the primaries brought America. Did people seriously choose the best people as their leaders? I don't believe it.

HR Clinton is the best candidate the United States can put forward at this time and in this election and that is a good thing. HR Clinton is the moderate, centrist, most qualified candidate ever and who moreover is not hell-bent on appeasing the fringe far out parawhingenoid right wing.

People who think otherwise have to speak in terms that exclude the rhetoric of the right and Republicans in Congress, as in Ben Ghazi for instance, or Whitewater as another bogus instance, and offer a critique that is new and different from the political claptrap of the hard right that drives the Republican party. Speaking of kings and essentially serf-equivalent voters is not an answer because it is, among other reasons, glib, offensive, condescending.

Republicans have demonised HR Clinton -- and the Clintons -- because Republicans to include their far right extremist fringe know that the Clinton name on a November ballot is a winner. This has been true since the 1970s going back to Arkansas. The object of an election is to win it, which is why Republicans get frantic and hysterical against Hillary Clinton and will create anything against their Billary.

Most of those who say a plague on both your houses have sucked up the Republican and rightwhinge extremist trashing of the political system. The Republican and right wing strategy for decades is that if you can't win the election then destroy the system and those in it who have defeated you. And the people who believe in that or fall for it need to consider listening to other voices for a radical change. The first step is however to recognise the problem they themselves do have.

HR Clinton is the best candidate the United States can put forward at this time and in this election and that is a good thing. HR Clinton is the moderate, centrist, most qualified candidate ever

While I disagree with your politics, I always believed you were intelligent. Unfortunately you just disillusioned me if you really believe that.

I don't think Trump is a great choice for POTUS due to his many faults, but to actually laud HRC as you have done is, IMO, barking. This is in essence a contest between two deeply flawed characters, and will be won by the candidate that can get most voters to actually bother to vote for someone that in a better world wouldn't even be considered.

BTW, I saw Trump's wife speaking at the convention, and frankly, if it is a choice between seeing her on tv a lot over the next 4 years and the pant suited one, HRC is toast wub.png .

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the problem. Uneducated Americans looking for the same jobs the worlds desperately poor can do.

Americans should be attending 4 more years of public education(college) in science , engineering and technology because that is the future engine of the economy.

Co

Sorry, but many of those children you want to stay in school longer are uneducatable, and no doubt the teachers cheer when they do leave. However, that is a subject for a real debate elsewhere.

In any event, AI is going to wipe out all those specialities you suggest, and not too long from now.

As I see it, till realistic androids become cheap enough, the only jobs left for humans will be in the service sector and the military/ police. Kids need to be practicing how to say "would you like fries with that?".

Archived