Is it too late to stop the Donald Trump machine?

webfact

All empires crumble at some time. Perhaps it will soon be that time for the USA. If Trump gains the W.House, America's demise will be with whimpers, not with roars. It won't be because the US was defeated at war (America survived alright after withdrawing from VN). No, it may be from abysmal leadership from a hot-tempered, name-calling, flip-flopping liar. At the very least, it will put great strain on checks and balances, not to mention debilitating protests on a scale not seen since the anti-VN-war.

Look at the trouble Thailand went through to rid itself of Thaksin (Trump's fraternal twin). Thailand is still suffering repercussions 15 years later, and counting. Multiply that by 10,000 and you get an idea of the troubles Trump will bring to the USA, and the shambles he'll leave in his long wake.

The current leadership has left the US in a shambles. Unchecked illegal immigration with some states giving them driver's licenses and then allowing them to vote. Jobs being shipped to China and Mexico due to lousy trade deals. China and Mexico getting to export things to the US duty-free but charging import duties on US goods to name just one. GM wanted to sell Cadillacs in China so China required that they be built there to do it, yet Chinese shit floods the US duty free.

These are all lousy deals for the working class. This is a working class revolt and it's well past due. Cheers.

For sure there are problems in a big country like the USA. Some are dire. It's usually (but not always) politicians who are charged with trying to fix large-scale problems. Republicans, even with a majority, have been dragging their feet for many years. The few improvements in policy, in recent years, stem from Democrat efforts. BTW, neither HRC nor Obama caused the problems in Libya. It's beneath childishness to try and blame that on Obama or his people. Libya's problems stem from Libyans. Not even the Libyans blame their current problems (or t heir former dictator) on the US. Blaming HRC or Obama is stupid (that's the nicest adjective I could conjure).

Republicans, like Islamists, know all about blame. Blame and lashing out is a coward's way of dealing with problems. The Democrats, for all their faults, at least have an idea how to move forward, and are working in the interests of bettering America. Republicans, for their part, are stuck in Trump's mantra of 'delay delay delay.' just today I read an article about how the Republicans are still fixated on thwarting their Constitutional duty of vetting the supreme court nominee, a Mr. Merrick Garland. Oddly, some Republicans in Congress are now in favor of doing their Constitutional duty. Perhaps it's not odd, because they're in tight races to retain their seats, and they suspect the public will vote against them if they don't do their jobs.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The questions people should be asking themselves are things like,

What has motivated Donald to run, examine closely.

Will Hillary take off from where bill left things, murdering millions of innocent children?

Will she get caught receiving Cunnilingus in the Oval Office?

Well, you really know how to put a disgusting picture in somebody's mind.

Apologies sir

At the end of the day, Trump won't get enough Republican Super Delegates to win the nomination.

Just like Democrat Super Delegates (the "Establishment") have already pledged to support Hillary despite what the voters want, the Republican Super Delegates will ignore the voters and choose the preferred candidate of the Republican establishment.

Wait,...oh, yeah, that's right....Republican super delegates must vote for the same candidate that won their state. They do follow the will of the people. It is the Democrat Super Delegates who decide who their party's candidate is, not the silly voters.

The Trumpster doing himself no favors by now trying to bully the entire party as opposed to just "little Marco" and whatever nitwit name he had for Cruz by saying if he's not the nomination there will be riots.

Way to go bonehead, open that bigmouth up and keep on shooting yourself in the foot, we like it thumbsup.gif .

Trump delegates are soft when they're released after the first ballot. That's because of the way delegates are selected by the R party. If Trump comes to Cleveland short expect fireworks. Perfect ending for his clown barker show.

In the general Cruz is easiest to beat and Kasich the hardest.

Trump is unpredictable on steroids.

the gloves are really off now ! Donald Trump has just tweeted the following message

" Hillary Clinton has been involved in corruption for most of her professional life! "ohmy.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/710626092114120708?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

LOL....tough talk from a man who was great buddies with her just a few years back. Invited her to his wedding of his 3rd wife and donated tons of money to her political campaigns.

How people fall for the show this guy is putting on is beyond me........

the gloves are really off now ! Donald Trump has just tweeted the following message

" Hillary Clinton has been involved in corruption for most of her professional life! "ohmy.png

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/710626092114120708?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Light weight crap. People already know HRC very well. Whatever her flaws are they are already well digested. Trump trash on the other hand is a gift that keeps on giving. Battle royale approaching.

LOL....tough talk from a man who was great buddies with her just a few years back. Invited her to his wedding of his 3rd wife and donated tons of money to her political campaigns.

Exactly what Trump knows. His supporters are suckers. Now what he really wants with the presidency is a mystery.

All empires crumble at some time. Perhaps it will soon be that time for the USA. If Trump gains the W.House, America's demise will be with whimpers, not with roars. It won't be because the US was defeated at war (America survived alright after withdrawing from VN). No, it may be from abysmal leadership from a hot-tempered, name-calling, flip-flopping liar. At the very least, it will put great strain on checks and balances, not to mention debilitating protests on a scale not seen since the anti-VN-war.

Look at the trouble Thailand went through to rid itself of Thaksin (Trump's fraternal twin). Thailand is still suffering repercussions 15 years later, and counting. Multiply that by 10,000 and you get an idea of the troubles Trump will bring to the USA, and the shambles he'll leave in his long wake.

The current leadership has left the US in a shambles. Unchecked illegal immigration with some states giving them driver's licenses and then allowing them to vote. Jobs being shipped to China and Mexico due to lousy trade deals. China and Mexico getting to export things to the US duty-free but charging import duties on US goods to name just one. GM wanted to sell Cadillacs in China so China required that they be built there to do it, yet Chinese shit floods the US duty free.

These are all lousy deals for the working class. This is a working class revolt and it's well past due.

Cheers.

"The current leadership has left the US in shambles," nonsense. Again. coffee1.gif

A favorite wingnut stance. The Obama Presidency is an outstanding success. America has never been stronger. The American economy is the best in the world.

Let's chuck all that progress that's been made since the Bush/Cheney disaster and let the Republicans bankrupt the country and start more wars. They've shown nothing, passed no legislation, have no leadership, but let's hand the reins of government back to them.

More guns. Take away women's rights. Kill the Muslims. Throw out the Mexicans. Give wingnuts another chance to destroy the country. No government is good government. Let a corrupt Mussolini wannabe lead us to the promise land.

No?

Working class revolt. clap2.gif

Choc de krap

I’m fascinated when you say you believe America is economically strong.giggle.gif

If that was really the case, why are there still 46.5 million Americans still on food stamps and maybe soon to increase further by 270,000 after the Teamsters union announced they will slash pension benefits by 50%!

And if it’s that strong when will it start to pay off the $18 trillion in debt?

And if the economy is really that strong why did US Federal reserve refrain from raising interest rates yesterday even though all the data points they had signalled they needed were already there?

and when you read statistics like 62% of Americans have less than $1000 in savings that doesn't sound like a terribly strong economy to me?

Exactly what Trump knows. His supporters are suckers. Now what he really wants with the presidency is a mystery.

Well, like I said earlier......It has crossed my mind that Trump does not even believe the nonsense he spits. There is a part of me that believes he knows the population he is appealing to. I mean, he even said, "I love the uneducated" after one of the primaries a few weeks back. And quite honestly, that is probably the most truthful thing Trump has ever said. If it were not for uneducated people that can so easily fall for verifiable lies and discreet, Trump would be nowhere right now.

Strong is a comparative word. The USA is experiencing higher growth than most of the other developed countries, especially measured from the start of the global financial crisis.

Unfortunately, if you don't have a good education and maybe some professional qualifications, then, you end up with a McJob. This is the way it is now all over the world.

The Fed said that instead of four incremental rises this year, there will only be two. Still a vote of confidence in the US economy.

The Dems are playing it tight to the chest now but they have some serious fireworks to cut loose at Trump in this same regard if/when he gets the nod.

The Don's Atlantic City mafioso types who helped in his land deals will try to scurry like rats when the sh*t hits the fan, but no it will be the Trumpster (after calling the kettle black) that gets it in the face hit-the-fan.gif . 100% guarantee, you heard it here first on TV thumbsup.gif

Strong is a comparative word. The USA is experiencing higher growth than most of the other developed countries, especially measured from the start of the global financial crisis.

Unfortunately, if you don't have a good education and maybe some professional qualifications, then, you end up with a McJob. This is the way it is now all over the world.

The Fed said that instead of four incremental rises this year, there will only be two. Still a vote of confidence in the US economy.

vote of confidence in the US economy? That's very debatable

there are many big players on Wall Street who believe the US Federal reserve is making it up as they go alonggiggle.gif

if you read Janet Yellen's speech yesterday everyone is complaining they can't understand what on earth she is talking about

bottom line is quantitative pleasing has done little to lift the spirits of the world’s worker bees.

"A New Jersey judge ... dismissed a lawsuit for defamation filed by Donald Trump against an author whose book gave an estimate of the real estate developer's wealth much lower than Trump's own."

"O'Brien, editor of The New York Times' Sunday business section, cited three confidential sources who estimated Trump's net worth at between $150 million and $250 million, much lower than Trump's own estimates of around $4 billion."

"Trump claimed his business and his reputation had been damaged by the book. He told The Wall Street Journal in May that he was worth about $4 billion, down from an earlier estimate of $5 billion to $6 billion in early 2005."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/money/judge-michele-fox-tosses-donald-trump-lawsuit-trump-nation-author-timothy-o-brien-article-1.394167

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS8rlCZDRaE

The lying bloviator will finally get his comeuppance on the public stage due to his narcissism and ego.

That is going to be fun to watch.

thumbsup.gif

The guy has more skeletons in his closet than Davey Jones' locker...

Barack Obama said during his state of the union address in January, "The United States of America, right now, has the strongest, most durable economy in the world." Politfact (the Republicans worst nightmare) decided to check it out.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jan/14/barack-obama/barack-obama-says-us-has-strongest-most-durable-ec/

They decided that statement was "Mostly True". The money line is "many experts agreed that if you had to choose one country for the title of "strongest, most durable economy in the world," it would be the United States."

I wrote this in response to NeverSure's assertion that "the current leadership has left the US in a shambles." That's bullshit. This is a common tactic of the Republicans to say that the country is in "shambles" and pair that nonsense with some form of "we're the only ones that can save it." You see that tactic over and over again.

The Republicans tell themselves this and then search for proof on a daily basis. Meanwhile, they accomplish nothing and no plans to fix anything except to reduce taxes for their 1% benefactors. And take away the rights of women. And gin up the next war. Delay, delay, delay. Is the Republican mantra. That is not governance. That's just DO NOTHING. That not how you run a country.

The Republican slow motion trainwreck continues while the Ministry of Propaganda (Fox News) spewing hatred, which is inevitably repeated here on TV.

Smell the desperation? Go Trump!

An Informative and interesting article concerning what could or may happen concerning Trump See the intro passage below then the link for the complete article.

US Election 2016: Donald Trump claims there will be 'riots' if Republican elders challenge his presidential nomination

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/us-election-2016-donald-trump-claims-there-will-be-riots-if-republican-elders-challenge-his-a6935421.html

Interesting. I love this line:

The deep schisms now wracking the Republican Party extend to whether a brokered convention is feasible or even wise. “There is nobody to broker a convention,” Haley Barbour, a former chairman of the Republican National Committee, told Yahoo News. “There’s not some group of wise men in a back room.”

That last line is the understatement of the year! It's the inept Republicans. They can't put the right shoes on their feet.

I hope it's Trump but it doesn't matter. This is the death throes of the party. You can't delay, delay, delay for ever.

Trump is playing with fire. Win or lose it will end in tears. Better to lose.

Yes he is standing up to all the bought off self serving politicians and elite who have sold America down the river a long time ago and will continue to destroy it.

And she gladly accepted each bit of charity he threw her way.

The Clinton's have made two careers out of getting suckers to give them money.

What in the world does this have to do with anything? Lol

Of course she accepted it! Politicians accept political donations. Please tell me you understand this.......

You are really scraping at the bottom here. Good lord..... The desperation of the average Trump supporter attempting to be taken seriously.......

What in the world does this have to do with anything? Lol

Of course she accepted it! Politicians accept political donations. Please tell me you understand this.......

You are really scraping at the bottom here. Good lord..... The desperation of the average Trump supporter attempting to be taken seriously.......

Your thinking there is nothing wrong with it says a lot about your character.

Look. I am well aware of the word games people like you play and I won't fall into them. You and I both know I never said there was nothing wrong with it. You are making a false assumption about me and putting words into my mouth.

What I said was that your statement about Clinton accepting donations has nothing to do with the fact TRUMP was good buddies with her and donating to her.....a liberal.....a Democrat.....just a few years earlier.

You are the only one with character issues when you cannot discuss an issue at hand without resorting to a straw man argument.

Some oppose Hillary just because she's a woman. But that's balanced by those who support her just because she is one. But once nominated she is the democrat against either Trump or Cruz. Easy choice for rational people.

Many Dems like to play that card same as they did with Obama's color being a factor...Truth is he was just as

unqualified as Hillary.........But I do not think it is any slam dunk

Trumps success is largely due to the American People saying ok enough.... now watch this dissension vote...

It is actually the true vote for the least worse. They are tired of the same old same old/ lying cheating corruption that the US Political Bird has degenerated into.

Both wings are co-opted & it is actually refreshing to see Americans say this is it....about time

Truth is if we had a none of the above on the ballot that would easily win

You & many others see Trump as a Republican...discount him as a republican..Use the He is a Republican as a threat..... But I do not feel that is how the majority backing him sees him.

Truth is the Republican old guard would love it if he disappeared....

But this is not what we are seeing & folks who underestimate this & see it as a "President Hillary" slam dunk may be in

for quite the shock

I would definitely vote none of the above if the option existed....In lieu of that it is funny to see "Hope & Change" being the primer yet again

Republicans aren't voting for anything. They are voting against everything. They rejected the insiders' choice - Jeb Bush - out of hand. They rejected the insiders' next choice - Rubio - out of hand.

They are voting against decades of broken promises. They are voting against what appears to be an actual encouragement of illegal immigration and the costs that come with it. They are voting against making China rich while the American middle class suffers. They are voting against the newer trend to do the same with Mexico. They are voting against people insisting they be PC in a culture that has always prized free speech. They are voting against starting wars in God-forsaken places. They are voting against Obamacare which is a mandate that people make the health insurance companies rich out of their own pockets.

Hillary can't convince people that she would fix any of these things. She is part of the establishment that caused all of these problems. She can't run on her record because it sucks. She has a record of being sneaky and dishonest and taking big donations from foreign governments for the Clinton "foundation". She has a record of being pure sleaze. She and Bill have gotten filthy rich sucking at the teats of Wall Street and foreign governments while pretending that they are "for the little guy". What creeps. What awful, ugly creeps.

Now the ingrained corrupt R establishment is showing its true colors by scheming about how it can bump off Trump even if he has by far the most votes and replacing him with someone who didn't even bother to run. What arrogance. Wait for that explosion if they actually do it.

Americans have had enough and if someone doesn't realize it he isn't paying attention.

Cheers.

Republicans aren't voting for anything. They are voting against everything. They rejected the insiders' choice - Jeb Bush - out of hand. They rejected the insiders' next choice - Rubio - out of hand.

They are voting against decades of broken promises. They are voting against what appears to be an actual encouragement of illegal immigration and the costs that come with it. They are voting against making China rich while the American middle class suffers. They are voting against the newer trend to do the same with Mexico. They are voting against people insisting they be PC in a culture that has always prized free speech. They are voting against starting wars in God-forsaken places. They are voting against Obamacare which is a mandate that people make the health insurance companies rich out of their own pockets.

Hillary can't convince people that she would fix any of these things. She is part of the establishment that caused all of these problems. She can't run on her record because it sucks. She has a record of being sneaky and dishonest and taking big donations from foreign governments for the Clinton "foundation". She has a record of being pure sleaze. She and Bill have gotten filthy rich sucking at the teats of Wall Street and foreign governments while pretending that they are "for the little guy". What creeps. What awful, ugly creeps.

Now the ingrained corrupt R establishment is showing its true colors by scheming about how it can bump off Trump even if he has by far the most votes and replacing him with someone who didn't even bother to run. What arrogance. Wait for that explosion if they actually do it.

Americans have had enough and if someone doesn't realize it he isn't paying attention.

Cheers.

This is the most accurate snapshot yet of what motivates people toward Trump.

America is voting against... not for...

Archived