BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Frenchman slams motorbike into Samui garbage truck, dies

Frenchman Slams Motorbike into Garbage Truck, Dies
By Chayanit Itthipongmaetee
Staff Reporter

14581904191458190494l.jpg

SAMUI — A 26-year-old Frenchman was killed after he rode a motorcycle into a parked garbage truck early this morning in front of Samui Town Center.

Rescue workers had trouble freeing the man, who struck the front of the truck so hard at about 3am on Thursday that his head entered and became stuck in its grill.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1458190419

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-17

Perhaps donating his body as a dummy test to show Thais the result of riding a motorcycle without a crash helmet?

Not wearing a helmet, and struck the truck so hard his head was embedded in the grill? He was definitely speeding to do that. The only good thing, something like that would have killed him instantly, so no suffering.

Doubt a helmet would have helped. He wouldn't have felt a thing

Perhaps donating his body as a dummy test to show Thais the result of riding a motorcycle without a crash helmet?

Somewhere, some one, perhaps parents, perhaps siblings definitely friends are going to be very shocked and upset about this poor persons demise .. your post is irreverent, callous and a poor attempt at humour... for god sake a guy just died show some respect..... you have over 7000 posts so assume you have been around here for some time and whilst one sometimes can become desensitised to the constant stream of trauma that Thai roads and transport mode presents, I just don't think trying to get a laugh at this is the correct thing to do...

Enough said

RIP young fella...... condolences to friend and family .

....and lo and behold...the truck is lit up like a Christmas tree.....

...hmmm......I wonder if......

The garbage trucks on Samui generally don't have normal lights on on Samui, except a flashing orange one on top. And chances are that the truck was at the wrong side of the road to collect the rubbish. So let this be a warning; wear a helmet and take it slow. RIP.

And chances are that the truck was at the wrong side of the road to collect the rubbish

Left side of the road, on the right side there is the parking for town center.

Why don't you people read before commenting? It clearly says the truck was parked so whether it had lights on is fairly irrelevant, it's more important whether the motorcyclist was using his lights and how much he had to drink by 3am. Also add Hong King to the list of left hand side of road drivers, fairly civilised if rebellious.

A young farang, early morning, Koh Samui, no chance alcohol was in play i suppose. He was having a good time right up until then. What's that light and how did i get into this tunnel

....and lo and behold...the truck is lit up like a Christmas tree.....

...hmmm......I wonder if......

Yes they are very well lite.... with flashing lights.... and can even be seen in the day time.....

being british and often popping over to the continent, it was not uncommon when tired or not thinking to stray onto the opposite side fo the orad. While we can surmise all we want, he was doing one heck of a speed to embed himself in the grill and whether he was on the wrong side or not is rather irrelevant .

RIP to the young man I am sure his family will be distraught and very upset. The only consolation as has been previously mentioned his demise would have been sudden so probably painless.