Elderly farang slashed across the face by Pattaya ladyboy

webfact

Depends on how he rejected the ladyboy's advances. If he was aggressive then the ladyboy would be too.

When I am approached by a ladyboy I refuse politely and make a joke of it as I walk away ....No problem.

You know what, I don't think they should even approach me nor harass me.

No advances whatsoever, leave me the hell alone!

Freaks!

There is big problem here in that Soi Buakhao is a narrow street with lots of traffic. Most probably the 69 year old could not physically avoid the ladyboy without walking into traffic. Very easy for the ladyboy to block his path (no sidewalk, just part of the road used by vehicles and pedestrians). For F$#*K's sake it was 8 am. No one should expect to be slashed in broad daylight in the morning.

The fact he is 69 and had an encounter with a boy in a dress strikes me as a queer coincidence.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 AM: a pissed drunked LB VS a peacefull retired farang

So many problems with those LB in Pattaya, why can we meet them everywhere in Pattaya ?

I would be so easy for the police to "park" them in a dedicated place as Boyzone, problems solved ! :)

Put them in cages at a special Zoo lol

As a matter of interest just how did anyone know that is unknown ladyboy was 18-years-old?

Was that just a guess by the police or does someone know a bit more than they are saying.

Who the frack cares how old it is!! It slashed a 69-yo guy's face!!!

Probably should go back and read the news update. "It" is a human being. As a fellow human, it would be the right thing to do refraining from making such disrespectable remarks.

Same old problem, how to refer to a ladyman, the man card has been given up and one cant really apply the title woman, just wanting to be one doesn't quite cut it, i want to be rich but....... I would say as a 'neutral i don't know what it is' gender, 'it' is perfectly reasonable.

As a matter of interest just how did anyone know that is unknown ladyboy was 18-years-old?

Was that just a guess by the police or does someone know a bit more than they are saying.

Who the frack cares how old it is!! It slashed a 69-yo guy's face!!!

Probably should go back and read the news update. "It" is a human being. As a fellow human, it would be the right thing to do refraining from making such disrespectable remarks.

Same old problem, how to refer to a ladyman, the man card has been given up and one cant really apply the title woman, just wanting to be one doesn't quite cut it, i want to be rich but....... I would say as a 'neutral i don't know what it is' gender, 'it' is perfectly reasonable.
You refer to animals as "it" you dont refer to humans as such. The acceptable term is "ladyboy" and you know it, Alas, it seems that on TV this kind of behavior is condoned. Jerk statement

Depends on how he rejected the ladyboy's advances. If he was aggressive then the ladyboy would be too.

When I am approached by a ladyboy I refuse politely and make a joke of it as I walk away ....No problem.

... and you are right, there is no better way to avoid getting slashed across the face.

Pattaya is loaded with grumpy, nasty, aggressive, arrogant old geezers who think they own the place, are extremely unpleasant to the locals, and never miss an occasion to shout rude words in their face. They forget one small detail : this is not our country, not our colony, not our land, and the fact that we come with money doesn't change those facts. If anything, the money factor makes locals envious and bitter, which is certainly not right, but definitely understandable, especially when dealing with foreigners who think their colonial attitude is normal.

I am not interested in lady boys, and frankly I find the whole thing difficult to grasp (no pun intended), but it's there, and for a variety of reasons it is a widely spread phenomenon in Thailand. One of those reasons, incidentally, is that there are 'customers' from all over the world who come just for them. This incident occured in Soi Buakao, right ? Not exactly the most elegant, classy, hiso area in Thailand ...

Yes, most of the time, the way these ladyboys come at you is vulgar, heavy footed and not quite ladylike, but if you smile and say no thank you in a nice way instead of barking at them and calling them names, that'll be the end of the story.

What a complete load of rubbish . Why does thailand attract evil gits like you ?This is not our colony??? not our country? and not our land . It is my world . My head is not ruled by invisible lines on a piece of paper .I do not like being propositioned and groped by ladyboys or women esp if my wife is with me . They still come up and grab my balls which the wife hates . Why should i have to put up with it .

I am always with my wife so when they ask me if i want to f.k them i always say i am not sure i will ask the wife , i get a smile and am on my way BUT I HATE IT ! When i lived in london , amsterdam and hamburg the hookers used to discreetly ask if you wanted some business but would never approach you if you were with a woman , a shake of the head or a wave no was all that was needed and you got a smile and they stepped back .

In thailand they step in front of you , stop you walking, grope you , surround you , try to steal from you and some get upset if you refuse their business .That is not hooking that is agressive begging and intimidation .if in uk a man dressed as a woman grabbed my balls he/she would be chinned in an instant and they should be in thailand .If farang men grab the thai womens intimate parts as they were walking down the street there would be hell

Priceless.

So ... suggesting that 'when in Rome...' makes me an 'evil git'.

Yes, I repeat, this is not our colony, not our land, not our country, and you better get used to it Mr Citizen-Of-The-World ( a world which, obviously, you want to be in perfect conformity with your narrow-minded and prejudiced standards).

When a reply to a post starts with 'what a complete load of rubbish', I know I'm dealing with the typical TVF poster, usually from UK, who always start with insults and has a lot in common with the arrogant old geezers I mentioned in my first post (the reason being that they are often one and the same, of course). They're also the ones who can't mention their Thai wife without adding that she has a university degree ... biggrin.png

Groping, aggressive ladyboys are not all over the place, they hang out in areas which you can easily avoid, that is if you're not attracted to the sleaziest side of Thailand.

... and you are right, there is no better way to avoid getting slashed across the face.

Pattaya is loaded with grumpy, nasty, aggressive, arrogant old geezers who think they own the place, are extremely unpleasant to the locals, and never miss an occasion to shout rude words in their face. They forget one small detail : this is not our country, not our colony, not our land, and the fact that we come with money doesn't change those facts. If anything, the money factor makes locals envious and bitter, which is certainly not right, but definitely understandable, especially when dealing with foreigners who think their colonial attitude is normal.

I am not interested in lady boys, and frankly I find the whole thing difficult to grasp (no pun intended), but it's there, and for a variety of reasons it is a widely spread phenomenon in Thailand. One of those reasons, incidentally, is that there are 'customers' from all over the world who come just for them. This incident occured in Soi Buakao, right ? Not exactly the most elegant, classy, hiso area in Thailand ...

Yes, most of the time, the way these ladyboys come at you is vulgar, heavy footed and not quite ladylike, but if you smile and say no thank you in a nice way instead of barking at them and calling them names, that'll be the end of the story.

What a complete load of rubbish . Why does thailand attract evil gits like you ?This is not our colony??? not our country? and not our land . It is my world . My head is not ruled by invisible lines on a piece of paper .I do not like being propositioned and groped by ladyboys or women esp if my wife is with me . They still come up and grab my balls which the wife hates . Why should i have to put up with it .

I am always with my wife so when they ask me if i want to f.k them i always say i am not sure i will ask the wife , i get a smile and am on my way BUT I HATE IT ! When i lived in london , amsterdam and hamburg the hookers used to discreetly ask if you wanted some business but would never approach you if you were with a woman , a shake of the head or a wave no was all that was needed and you got a smile and they stepped back .

In thailand they step in front of you , stop you walking, grope you , surround you , try to steal from you and some get upset if you refuse their business .That is not hooking that is agressive begging and intimidation .if in uk a man dressed as a woman grabbed my balls he/she would be chinned in an instant and they should be in thailand .If farang men grab the thai womens intimate parts as they were walking down the street there would be hell

Lady boys grab your balls while you're walking with your wife? . Either your Brad Pitt or you have never been to thailand. Guess which one I'm thinking?

As they attacked in a group they should all be charged with aggravated assault and possibly

attempted murder. Yes you would be wise to smile and decline politely but after being

harassed hundreds of times many tourists/ex-pats lash out in a vulgar manor. Ex-pats

should know how lady boys may react but so should lady boys. There overreaction

pulling out weapons and swarming the old man who I am sure insulted them does not

justify their behaviour. What is justified is a multi year sentence for the lady-boys. Of course

they will get a 500 baht fine a tongue lashing and feel absolutely free to react the same way

again. sad.png

I think we must be careful when referring to lady boys. There are thousands in Thailand and elsewhere that have nothing to do with the sex trade at all. You will find them working in banks and shops and pharmacies etc. Many are in long term permanent relationships and are thoroughly decent people.

Priceless.

So ... suggesting that 'when in Rome...' makes me an 'evil git'.

Yes, I repeat, this is not our colony, not our land, not our country, and you better get used to it Mr Citizen-Of-The-World ( a world which, obviously, you want to be in perfect conformity with your narrow-minded and prejudiced standards).

When a reply to a post starts with 'what a complete load of rubbish', I know I'm dealing with the typical TVF poster, usually from UK, who always start with insults and has a lot in common with the arrogant old geezers I mentioned in my first post (the reason being that they are often one and the same, of course). They're also the ones who can't mention their Thai wife without adding that she has a university degree ... biggrin.png

Groping, aggressive ladyboys are not all over the place, they hang out in areas which you can easily avoid, that is if you're not attracted to the sleaziest side of Thailand.

the issue is not that they are ladyboys but that they are pickpockets and violent at that, and no they shouldnt be allowed in public anywhere, its illegal to pick peoples pockets. this is happening in sleazy areas with lots of tourists because surprisingly tourists are interested in sleaze. Its a matter of poor policing.

Its not only the LB's its the massage parlors too, that are everywhere, where the girls are always calling out and some will grab your arm and try to take you inside if your wife or girlfriend isn't walking right alongside you. They obviously know, most men are weak, immature little boys when it comes to getting their junk serviced. When my wife goes along, I tell her not to walk ahead or linger behind looking at things but alongside me as other westerners I've talked to do, to discourage those mild, unthreatening assaults. Touching another person in a aggressive manner without their consent in most countries is a act of aggression which usually gets a aggressive response. One can usually laugh the massage girl grabbing off with the girl and move on. Not so with aggressive LB's. I personally did not come to Thailand for the sex trade. I have zero desire to get involved in it. So, I avoid those area's. I shouldn't have to worry about going for a walk down any street between 8:00am - 12:00am and think about, I'm I going to be grabbed, groped or worse today by a LB. Many Americans are known to aggressive, threatening and in favor of their governments wars abroad. Having lived 60+ years in the U.S., I never felt I should beat, shoot someone, bomb their house, because that's our aggressive nature/culture, I can't change it, so I need to accept it, participate, turn a blind eye to it or at least mildly support it or leave the country. If Thailand wants to keep losing 'good' tourists in favor of 'bad' ones keep doing what they are, little to nothing. Keep the LB's confined to a small area. The old farang that was attacked lives in one of those area's so he knew it was unsafe. Can't say he deserved it, but, should have known it could happen any day. Swim in the sewer, expect to come out smelling like crap.

It's like every business idea in Asia; one guy has a good idea and opens up an internet shop. Next thing the neighbors open one up too, etc, etc. Same thing happened with LB's. A few LB's were making good $$ so 1000's of guys copied them and invested the family savings for the operation in the hope to make good money too without thinking that the market only needs a few 1000 and not 10's of 1000's. Most LB's are just business people and not necessarily women in a man's body because it is impossible that there are so many LB's in one country. If someone has a better explanation I'd like to hear it

Laughable statement. Lol

Hey...he has a point there.

I would surmise the overwhelming majority of them that turn femboy or ladyboy are decidedly doing so believing they can make money in the sex trade business.

And when you see one of them and they have boobs then you have to wonder where they got the money from for the operation which is not cheap and said to be around 50 to 60,000 baht.

I will leave it up to your imagination as to how most of them made the money to get the boob job.

Cheers

a lot of them go for the buy 1 get 1 free promotion...

Police should take these incidence more serious as it spoil the name of Pattaya as a safe place to be. The penalty should be so severe that they don't dare doing this again. May be all foreigners should send a request to the police.

Was it ever considered a safe place in the past 5 years?

Once a government allows a group of criminals/thugs in womans dress or not, to take over a city its all downhill from that point on. Now, the government may have to hire a foreign (possibly western) police force, that can't be threatened/bribed into looking the other way, totally separate from the current police, and with no connection to the locals to clean up the mess. Like I said before, if the LB's can't pay a hefty fine due to lack of money, there's always public service projects, like picking up all the garbage lying around on beaches, roads, and sidewalks. I have no problem with LB's, gays, bible-thumpers, whatever, as long as they aren't harassing and abusing people.

these ladyboy know they can assault foreigners and there are no consequences, at worst they will be fined 200 baht, and thats it!

In a civilized country, he would have been sentenced to a 2 years jail term.

I only like real women, but can say that, having seen the follow-up news article, that the ladyboy looks better than his girlfriend.

(I am assuming that the Thai lady in the photograph is his girlfriend)

That follow-up article also mentions:

"Mr Anuwat alleged that the he became angry after Mr Silvano refused to pay him after the Italian had hired the ladyboy for sex."

Anyway, hope he (the Italian guy) makes a swift recovery.

I feel sorry for the guy,Maybe he didnt know how to handle LB's.It's true,when approached,you can usually get away with a compliment on their beauty and a smile.I have done this on many occasion,and it seems to work.Why try to purposely anger them?. However,they are not going to disappear any time soon.

The lady boy has been part of Thailand's history for hundreds of years,i guess they see it as their country too.And with the present low tourism,they are desperate for money just like all other street Thais.ignorance and want breeds violence i guess.

Yes, I've found that to work as well. First saw that done by a group of Thais being introduced to a ladyboy they hadn't met before. They gave compliments to 'her' about how pretty she looked which seemed to totally disarm her and keep her on her best behaviour.

Can I point out that there are many lady boy gangs out there who are fake lady boys. They are men who have just grown their hair long. These are the most dangerous, as they have no female hormones and this is the type you find in Pattaya.

Fake Lady Boys !!!!!!

Oh no , are we soon to get a influx of cheap Chinese copies !!!! cheesy.gifgiggle.gifcheesy.gif

I feel sorry for the guy,Maybe he didnt know how to handle LB's.It's true,when approached,you can usually get away with a compliment on their beauty and a smile.I have done this on many occasion,and it seems to work.Why try to purposely anger them?. However,they are not going to disappear any time soon.

The lady boy has been part of Thailand's history for hundreds of years,i guess they see it as their country too.And with the present low tourism,they are desperate for money just like all other street Thais.ignorance and want breeds violence i guess.

Yes, I've found that to work as well. First saw that done by a group of Thais being introduced to a ladyboy they hadn't met before. They gave compliments to 'her' about how pretty she looked which seemed to totally disarm her and keep her on her best behaviour.

Oh, so now we must "compliment them on their beauty", or we're "purposely angering them"? This just gets more absurd by the day.

Oh, so now we must "compliment them on their beauty", or we're "purposely angering them"? This just gets more absurd by the day.

Veering towards P C rubbish.

You want to tell a 'nightmare in drag' how pretty it looks? Some say one should offer a wai but that indicates respect, ignore them and keep your self respect.

OK...New rules of engagement.

When you see a ladyboy, anywhere.......RUN......And run away fast like your life depends on it.....while screaming also for dramatic effect

Cheers

Yes BUT, an elderly farang cannot run faster than a young ladyboy.

OK...New rules of engagement.

When you see a ladyboy, anywhere.......RUN......And run away fast like your life depends on it.....while screaming also for dramatic effect

Cheers

Yes BUT, an elderly farang cannot run faster than a young ladyboy.

Bruce Jenner could.

Archived