Dal

just_Elaine

I made some dal using the yellow split mung beans and a recipe as a guideline that I posted here a long time ago. The modifications I made was to drop the curry powder (not liking the taste of the one I bought), increased the tumeric powder, and added some fresh chopped ginger. It turned out good. We eat it over rice with yogurt and sometimes hot sauce.

post-9754-0-54001800-1458216002_thumb.jp

post-9754-0-33263800-1458216037_thumb.jp

about 25 years ago at a Sainsbury's in Derby on a cold winter's day I bought a Sainsbury's Recipe Library cookbook, you know, the A5 format type that they had in the aisles with the rotating wire floor stands, called 'Rice, beans & pasta' by Roz Denny...

and, IT'S GOT SOME SMASHING dal and other recipes with pulses, some with veg ingredients like cougettes, cauli and aubergines...check out her stuff on the internet, can't go wrong...

I just started a new job where I gotta cook fer meself....gonna whip up a big pot of cauli and potato aloo gobi to take in fer lunches next week...last week it was ratatouille and chili con carne...eat with arabic bread...mmm, good...

It is a lentil dish. Indian style. I did not and have not made a lentil soup yet - only because we like this so much. Normally, I use the salmon colored lentils, but I cannot find it here normally.

i had 2packets brought back from india yesterday so i will be making some to go with chicken. i got the recipe from google HOW TO COOK DAL.

the ones i had are HALDIRAMS MOONG DAL.

• 7 months later...

Archived