Frenchman missing from Koh Tao

webfact

French man missing from Koh Tao

missing-from-Koh-Tao.jpg

SAMUI: -- A French man resident on Koh Tao has gone missing, his friends and family are appealing to the public to help locate him.

Jean-francois missing from Koh Tao was on his way back to Koh Tao after a vacation when he disappeared four nights ago.

He was last seen boarding the boat to Koh Tao from Surat Thani, but he disembarked to go and get something to eat and asked for directions to the nearest 7-11.

It is believed he is carrying no phone, money or passport. Local police and rescue have been informed. It is possible he may have visited a hospital or pharmacy for treatment for a recurring infection in his leg and arm.

If anybody has seen this man please contact the police or any of the rescue teams in Surat Thani or Koh Tao or call 0921232369

Source: http://www.samuitimes.com/french-man-missing-from-koh-tao/

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2016-03-18

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he lived on Koh Tao then surely must have done the crossing a few times before, so how come he didnt know where the 7/11 was, one would have thought there would be at least one near the pier crossings areas in Surat Thani.

Mmmmm Here we go again, horribly bad when anything like this happens associated with that area , all the suspicions flare up, says a lot for the place , I think.

The French are having a bad run in Thailand this week, this bloke, the young bloke who rode his bike into the garbage truck in Phuket killing himself and the one on Samui who thought it would be a good plan to set up a hydroponic marijuana farm in his house.

Farangsetness?

No money, phone or passport? Was he planning on stealing whatever it was he was going to eat or doing a runner after getting medical treatment? Or do hospitals and 7-11s not charge in that area?

ah, nothing slips past you, detective.

Koh Tao? what could go wrong? hope they find him alive.

perhaps its time to brush up on your reading comprehension. he got off the boat in surat on his way to koh tao,

rude person alert. please don't speak to me like that. it is very upsetting and unnecessary.

"A French man resident on Koh Tao has gone missing"

yes returning home, where he lives, Koh Tao. What could go wrong?

He's missing in Surat, better to write the headline Frenchman from Koh Tao missing in Surat but that lacks the air of conspiracy and suspense the writer wishes to evoke. .

Correct.

The actual headline should read "Frenchman Missing in Surat"

Hate to say it but he does have that I do drugs look about him

Did your mom never teach you that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover?

Here is your reasoning: He's smiling, got half long hair, a beard of a few weeks. Looks like a druggie to me.

Sounds a bit like bigotry to me

Here is your reasoning: He's smiling, got half long hair, a beard of a few weeks. Looks like a druggie to me.

Mom can't teach you gut feel. Was he murdered, to young for heart attack..

It always comes back to drugs. Trust me

He's French, they all look guilty

He's missing in Surat, better to write the headline Frenchman from Koh Tao missing in Surat but that lacks the air of conspiracy and suspense the writer wishes to evoke. .

Correct.

The actual headline should read "Frenchman Missing in Surat"

True, but they want to get the point over he's a long term resident of Koh Tao, so how about French ex-pat from Koh Tao missing in Surat.

But I guess that's too long, perhaps this is better - Missing man murdered by mafia?

555, never thought he could be a wino instead?

555, never thought he could be a wino instead?

Wine is to expensive here

Archived