Frenchman missing from Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Koh Tao? what could go wrong? hope they find him alive.

perhaps its time to brush up on your reading comprehension. he got off the boat in surat on his way to koh tao,

rude person alert. please don't speak to me like that. it is very upsetting and unnecessary.

"A French man resident on Koh Tao has gone missing"

yes returning home, where he lives, Koh Tao. What could go wrong?

Given that it appears you may have special needs, I will point out to you that which you can not seem to see for yourself

He was last seen boarding the boat to Koh Tao from Surat Thani, but he disembarked

No need to thank me, I'm here to help.

Koh Tao? what could go wrong? hope they find him alive.

perhaps its time to brush up on your reading comprehension. he got off the boat in surat on his way to koh tao,

Yeah, that is what it says--but then what is the normal quality of wording in these reports? I'll wager if he lived on Koh Tao and took the ferry regularly, he was intending to be back in time for it's departure. Additionally, please note: you are to contact either Surathani or Koh Tao rescue if you have any information about him; which says to me they do not know whether he got back on or not.

He's missing in Surat, better to write the headline Frenchman from Koh Tao missing in Surat but that lacks the air of conspiracy and suspense the writer wishes to evoke. .

Correct.

The actual headline should read "Frenchman Missing in Surat"

True, but they want to get the point over he's a long term resident of Koh Tao, so how about French ex-pat from Koh Tao missing in Surat.

But I guess that's too long, perhaps this is better - Missing man murdered by mafia?

Well, now, I think you ought to have his visa status on there too. Frenchman, living in Koh Tao on Ed visa, non-B work permit, non-O marriage, elite card, METV, overstay?

Hate to say it but he does have that I do drugs look about him

Did your mom never teach you that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover?

Here is your reasoning: He's smiling, got half long hair, a beard of a few weeks. Looks like a druggie to me.

Sounds a bit like bigotry to me

Mom can't teach you gut feel. Was he murdered, to young for heart attack..

It always comes back to drugs. Trust me

Yeah, but moms can teach bigotry. However, that too can be learned on your own.

Surely the headline should read, "Frenchman is missing therefore we do not know where he is". He was last seen in Surat but that was four nights ago so he could be anywhere.

Sensationalist headlines sell, ie entice the readers to read more. I fully expect to see a Bangkok Coconuts headline soon along the following lines in the vein of the dreadful Sunday Sport, UK

'Thai tuk tuk found on the moon!'-

The text will be along these lines- Hubble telescope recently releases photos of what is clearly a Thai tuk tuk with a I Love Farang sticker on one side and a Jewelry cheap today , special for you! sticker on the other. Scientists pored over the photos noting a large bottle of lao khao and several small bottles of M150 lying in the moon dust near the abandoned tuk tuk. They presume the driver, in an attempt to overtake his rivals and be the first in the queue at Pantip Plaza, had experimented with the 2 high octane products, resulting in a new kind of rocket fuel.

...some people know everything...or nothing.......

...who are these people.....

...and why is their word 'Gospel'......

...just like all these 'life stories' we hear about 'why someone committed suicide'......or ''no foul play'......

...local fiction writers....or someone more involved than they would ever want anyone to know....

...just like those 'expert medical assessments'....anonymously....by the maid or some other uneducated amateur....with nothing to substantiate them...

No money, phone or passport? Was he planning on stealing whatever it was he was going to eat or doing a runner after getting medical treatment? Or do hospitals and 7-11s not charge in that area?

He might've been wearing see-through clothes ! I truly suspect he'll be found safe soon as many others have in the past - or truly hope I'm right in this assumption!!

If a long term "resident" of the island and uses the ferry often to travel - Surat docks not that big and not that hard to find 711 family mart etc- if he's lost his wallet passport phone - then go to police report it then immigration and whereever he needs to go for ETD until he gets new passport

Maybe its me, but I am a bit fatigued by all these missing people stories in Thailand only to find they turn up after much effort.

Who didn't go missing in Thailand ? I think most young want to disappear for a few days ... I did burp.gifburp.gif

No money, phone or passport? Was he planning on stealing whatever it was he was going to eat or doing a runner after getting medical treatment? Or do hospitals and 7-11s not charge in that area?

Might it just be possible that they have found the items mentioned and that's why they know he hasn't got them?

Gut feeling tells me he will show up somewhere, alive and "disoriented"... Not every disappearance is a crime or "surgery" performed by island mafiosi... mushrooms and synthetic drugs mostly play a role...

Nowadays, just to mention the name Koh Trash... ahemm.... Koh Tao sends shivers down the spine of any Thai-related forum member. This for a good reason, and I hope it stays that way for a long time to come, since the inhabitants of that bloody rock (Koh Tao) deserve punishment in form of decreasing numbers of visitors for what they have done (or better said, not done) before and during the double murder and rape "investigation" of Hannah and David.

Koh Tao = death island. A Frenchman with no mobile, wallet or passport ....... hmmmmmmmmm

I smell something fishy ..... and it ain't in the kitchen !! blink.png

all he needs is a baguette, cheese and wine.

..and the award for the most fatuous reply so far goes to........

He accidentally left his stuff on the ferry when he went to get some snacks, ferry left without him, someone found his stuff but he hasn't yet reported himself to authorities, found a nice lass to take him in until he works out where he left his wallet etc...... I suspect and hope it's just this.

Maybe its me, but I am a bit fatigued by all these missing people stories in Thailand only to find they turn up after much effort.

I agree, if you go missing for Gods sake stay missing,you ruin the armchair detectives entertainment.

""It is believed he is carrying no phone, money or passport"" ?????????

It is believed by who? The police? Witnesses? Friends? Based on what? It?

• Crossing from Surathani to Koh Tao without money? Maybe, but how do they know?
  • Paying for a snack 7-11 with no money? Maybe, but all ferry crossings do snacks.
  • Traveling without a passport or ID? Maybe, it is believed so they say...
  • Travelling without a mobile? Maybe, it is believed.

I believe NOTHING

Archived