Frenchman missing from Koh Tao

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he lived on Koh Tao then surely must have done the crossing a few times before, so how come he didnt know where the 7/11 was, one would have thought there would be at least one near the pier crossings areas in Surat Thani.

Mmmmm Here we go again, horribly bad when anything like this happens associated with that area , all the suspicions flare up, says a lot for the place , I think.

Mmmm,so you rekon he ran into a bad person at 7/11 who knew he was from KT.The mind boggles.

Yes he travelled back to Koh Tao where he is living, of course without a passport, without any ID and without money and no mobile phone, so it is believed and he may have been at a hospital for some treatment, of course without paying the bill whilst being on a short holiday. Sounds pretty straightforward. Or he took the night ferry, still had some time to get some snacks, left the boat, was robbed, beaten and dumped in the water? Not sure what is more plausible!

Koh Tao? what could go wrong? hope they find him alive.

perhaps its time to brush up on your reading comprehension. he got off the boat in surat on his way to koh tao,

rude person alert. please don't speak to me like that. it is very upsetting and unnecessary.

"A French man resident on Koh Tao has gone missing"

yes returning home, where he lives, Koh Tao. What could go wrong?

Appears to be more sinister activity surrounding Koh Toa; PERHAPS on Surat side of the trip or otherwise. Also looks like a pro diver living/working/residing on the island. Just doesn't sound right for a seasoned traveller - wallet, passport, cash BS. Doubtful it would be difficult to annoy the mafia there for whatever the cause, my experience with pro divers is they usually enjoy a puff. Which could implicate him in problems (debt) with mafia/police retailers? But if they off'd him they don't get paid. (who stated his intended direction) Source of stated going to 7/11, hospital or where ever is the outstanding question, to this suspected nasty sequence of events. Overstay viable too. I'll steer well clear of the place, but it's about time to instil some fear through serious public international warnings, will curb locals behaviour patterns (if it is another wasted westerner) $ AFM Anything For Money

How do they know he has no phone, money or passport?

He must have phoned them

Another case of being overly smart just like the 100% DNA evidence; which infers they aren't smart enough. But hate to loose face over the revelation of mediocrity.

He's missing in Surat, better to write the headline Frenchman from Koh Tao missing in Surat but that lacks the air of conspiracy and suspense the writer wishes to evoke. .

Yes ! missing in Surat Thani, quite a long way from Death island !

perhaps its time to brush up on your reading comprehension. he got off the boat in surat on his way to koh tao,

rude person alert. please don't speak to me like that. it is very upsetting and unnecessary.

Bad English (reporting as usual) should have read " resident of Koh Tao"

Hate to say it but he does have that I do drugs look about him

Did your mom never teach you that you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover?

Here is your reasoning: He's smiling, got half long hair, a beard of a few weeks. Looks like a druggie to me.

Sounds a bit like bigotry to me

I have got short hair no tats, don't smile but shave every day..............Yep! he's a druggie for sure. whistling.gif

Here is your reasoning: He's smiling, got half long hair, a beard of a few weeks. Looks like a druggie to me.

He's French, they all look guilty

And have been known to run away at times. cheesy.gif

I have got short hair no tats, don't smile but shave every day..............Yep! he's a druggie for sure. whistling.gif

Said the alcoholic sailor thumbsup.gif

Said the alcoholic sailor thumbsup.gif

But! but! everyone knows that alcohol is not drug taking. rolleyes.gifbiggrin.png

No money, phone or passport? Was he planning on stealing whatever it was he was going to eat or doing a runner after getting medical treatment? Or do hospitals and 7-11s not charge in that area?

I am always amazed at the amount of nasty comments on Thai Visa. What a bunch of miserable "FOREIGNERS" are on here commenting and YET THEY forget THEY are also "foreigners" here (Irrespective of what kind of Visa they man have) just like this man. At least he has FAMILY and FRIENDS that reported him missing and that care. Have you lot of Nasty Commentors "really sure" you have that? or have you just got Acquaintances!!, Blood Family back home that have written you off and maybe" a Set of "New In Laws" or future "Hopeful In Laws", ( NO SINSOT YET) that are instrumental in milking you off and dependant on your a ATM CARD while it lasts? I hope this "Farang" is found alive.

If he lived on Koh Tao then surely must have done the crossing a few times before, so how come he didnt know where the 7/11 was, one would have thought there would be at least one near the pier crossings areas in Surat Thani.

Mmmmm Here we go again, horribly bad when anything like this happens associated with that area , all the suspicions flare up, says a lot for the place , I think.

Mmmm,so you rekon he ran into a bad person at 7/11 who knew he was from KT.The mind boggles.

Where did I say that?

I am querying why, if he lived on Koh Tao, and had done the crossing maybe a few times , then why would he need to search for a 7/11??? presuming of course that if he had done the crossing previously, from the same place, he would probably know where the 7's were. Get it now Numbnuts ?

No money, phone or passport? Was he planning on stealing whatever it was he was going to eat or doing a runner after getting medical treatment? Or do hospitals and 7-11s not charge in that area?

I am always amazed at the amount of nasty comments on Thai Visa. What a bunch of miserable "FOREIGNERS" are on here commenting and YET THEY forget THEY are also "foreigners" here (Irrespective of what kind of Visa they man have) just like this man. At least he has FAMILY and FRIENDS that reported him missing and that care. Have you lot of Nasty Commentors "really sure" you have that? or have you just got Acquaintances!!, Blood Family back home that have written you off and maybe" a Set of "New In Laws" or future "Hopeful In Laws", ( NO SINSOT YET) that are instrumental in milking you off and dependant on your a ATM CARD while it lasts? I hope this "Farang" is found alive.

Warning warning ...

Apologist alert .....

So what are you saying? If you hate to say it don't say it!! . No one cares what you think he looks like.

Some might think anyone calling themselves Mc fish that judges others on their looks or possible habits might deserve to slip in dog s**t

The French are having a bad run in Thailand this week, this bloke, the young bloke who rode his bike into the garbage truck in Phuket killing himself and the one on Samui who thought it would be a good plan to set up a hydroponic marijuana farm in his house.

Farangsetness?

The garbage truck accident was Koh Samui I believe, unless there was two?

En Greve.........

or in ''English'' on ''Strike''... as per the norm for the ''French''...

Hope they find him safe and sound...

French people is not a flock of sheep. They stand up for their rights and fight for it. It's some kind of a tradition since 1789.

Cheers

I nearly missed it... Well, did on your first post.... But.... what happened to your avatar?

Archived