Frenchman missing from Koh Tao

webfact

Our friend had a condition which cause his arm to become swollen from time to time. So please lay off the sarcastic comments. In addition to his medical condition he is not a drug abuser.

He was on his way back from vacation travelling to Koh Tao from Suratthani on the overnight boat.For what ever reason he decided to leave the boat just before the boat was leaving. perhaps he did not realize the time. It has been confirmed that he has left his bag onboard the boat. This is why he had only the money in his pocket. leaving his phone and passport in his bag is not grounds for suspicion.

He has been seen on CCTV walking away from the boat. He stopped to ask a lady where the nearest 7/11 was. After that we do not know what happened. Now we just want to find our friend.

Many people talk about Koh Tao being "death Island" but really look at the amount of deaths in Pattaya, Phuket, and Koh Samui do not just label our island a Death island when there are many many more places which have far more incidents than our island. Full police reports have been made, the police are working well to find Jean.

If you have any information please contact the police.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

En Greve.........

or in ''English'' on ''Strike''... as per the norm for the ''French''...

Hope they find him safe and sound...

French people is not a flock of sheep. They stand up for their rights and fight for it. It's some kind of a tradition since 1789.

Cheers

Mmmm, 1789.... after the English finished kicking their collective butts all over Europe, causing the masses to rise up, flock like, during the French Revolution?

Or.... 1789.... As the new republican army, rose flock like, in its ultimate quest to follow the new emporor ( kind of ironic, after the flock slaughtered the nobility) to his ultimate assignation, with a wee chap called Wellington, who knew all about shearing, as seen at Waterloo

Followed by the reinstatement of the nobility, for the remnants of the faithful flock to follow..

Go with it dude.... We are all following someone, or something... Even Christ (arguable more iconic than robertthebruce...., as opposed to Robert, the Bruce, who had a flock to lead) had a flock to lead.

One definition of a "flock"... "A group under the guidance of a leader....."

You'all have a nice day now. ?

I'd just like to say, I have had the pleasure of working with the man for several months, and he's someone I like and have a lot of respect for. The comments here are sickening.

With regard to no having money, phone, or passport, he left it on the boat with someone else and just left to get a snack with the money he had with him.

As for those who are saying he is drugged up and going to appear is a disorientated state somewhere, I can promise this isn't the case. Please just show some respect to all those who are worrying about him, or better, just share this in case anyone has seen him.

En Greve.........

or in ''English'' on ''Strike''... as per the norm for the ''French''...

Hope they find him safe and sound...

French people is not a flock of sheep. They stand up for their rights and fight for it. It's some kind of a tradition since 1789.

Cheers

French People are stuck in a ''Time Warp'', they hate change and cannot adapt to most things, especially Modern Technology.., ,Nightmare to Live there, don't miss that a bit, and dont get me stared about ''Service'' ??? non existent..., Thailand knocks spots off them...

Just my observation....

Our friend had a condition which cause his arm to become swollen from time to time. So please lay off the sarcastic comments. In addition to his medical condition he is not a drug abuser.

He was on his way back from vacation travelling to Koh Tao from Suratthani on the overnight boat.For what ever reason he decided to leave the boat just before the boat was leaving. perhaps he did not realize the time. It has been confirmed that he has left his bag onboard the boat. This is why he had only the money in his pocket. leaving his phone and passport in his bag is not grounds for suspicion.

He has been seen on CCTV walking away from the boat. He stopped to ask a lady where the nearest 7/11 was. After that we do not know what happened. Now we just want to find our friend.

Many people talk about Koh Tao being "death Island" but really look at the amount of deaths in Pattaya, Phuket, and Koh Samui do not just label our island a Death island when there are many many more places which have far more incidents than our island. Full police reports have been made, the police are working well to find Jean.

Thank you for taking your time to post this so we can avoid further speculations, I understand he is a friend of yours. And that he probably belonged to the French expat community on KT . Now let's hope the police or any witnesses can give us new information.

Well well well, so there is CCTV footage of him walking away from the boat and we must assume towards the next 7-11 or Family Mart?

Did the police check this 7-11? Did he ever arrive there? How far is it?

He left the boat just before the boat was leaving not realizing the time? Huh? Not realizing the time? Leaving your stuff with who, a friend, a stranger?

If he was going to get something at a 7-11, don't you double check if you have enough time to do this?

Very very strange, I guess he was robbed and dumped somewhere in the vicinity, what other possible explanation can one have?

Of course I hope all is fine, but this is 4 days now?

There is a 7-11 just down the road from where the ferries leave from. It's only about 200m, if thats the one he was heading for.

The road is poorly lit though and lots of fishing boats moored up that side, with some suspect characters onboard !

Fingers crossed the police get their asses in gear and find him soon...

Does anyone find the proportions of his forearms a little strange….ex tennis champ, perhaps?

More likely, just healthy French Peasant stock. Tennis players don't have big arms, look at Andy Murray. Though I remember that Jimmy Connors' tennis arm was significantly bigger than the other one.

don't feel like you in any way need to explain or justify anything to these (possibly fat, balding, or grey haired) keyboard warriors , i used to think this site was the place to come for any thailand related info, visas, travel, etc etc, i realise its just full of sad, bitter old men that have nothing better to do or nothing better to say than negative crap....i hope your friend is ok and turns up, shame some insignificant PRI^&S are only here for 1 thing....

French People are stuck in a ''Time Warp'', they hate change and cannot adapt to most things, especially Modern Technology.., ,Nightmare to Live there, don't miss that a bit, and dont get me stared about ''Service'' ??? non existent..., Thailand knocks spots off them...

Just my observation....

Someone to explain to this individual that the generalization of people are unworthy of civil conversations.
Normally his mother would have to educate in this direction. Unfortunately it is likely that in his case, mummy ...

If the article is correct, he got on the boat in Surat and then got off it again - before it left. So if missing, he is missing in Surat somewhere. Hope this ends well.

I'm glad you posted that as I had read it wrong, after rereading the article it does seem he is missing in Surat.

as a retired expat with nothing to do i sometimes think i would like to help look for some of these missing persons.

even if it was to just go the their last known location and look around. especially if they are alone with no family in country.

i hope this guy is ok.

i know many here will start telling me how stupid i am. save it.

Urgent appeal for information on missing French man last seen in Surat Thani

Family, friends, police and rescue services have still not been able to establish the whereabouts of a French man who went missing in Surat Thani on his way back to Koh Tao.
French-man-missing-from-Koh-Tao.jpg

– Francois Louet known as ‘Jeff’ had been diving in Indonesia with his girlfriend. During his trip he had been unwell with an infection in his leg. He had taken medication for a fever, scuba dived to 60 meters, had lost his appetite and had shown signs of illness and disorientation. When the couple arrived at the pier in Surat Thani on Monday 14th to take the night boat back to Koh Tao Jeff and his girlfriend boarded the boat to rest. Prior to departure Jeff went out to have a cigarette. When his girlfriend went to check on him he had gone. A local lady said that she saw Jeff who had asked for directions to the nearest 7-11.

Nobody has seen or heard from Jeff since around 10pm on Monday. He was captured on CCTV walking away from the pier at 22.17 wearing a blue T-shirt and red shorts. Police and rescue worker have been unable to trace him at hospitals and hyperbaric chambers across the country. Jeff’s left his phone and passport on the boat and it is thought he would be in possession of very little money. He made no calls from his phone prior to his disappearance. Jeff’s friends and relatives are now gravely concerned for his safety and have asked the public to help locate him. If anybody has seen Jeff, who is 5ft 11 or has any information as to his whereabouts please call the Koh Tao Rescue on 0921232369 or the local police urgently.

He sounds like he may have been developing sepsis. Very worrying.

And hard to imagine where he could be other than in a hospital. If I were his friends/family I would personally canvas the local hospitals starting with Surat Thani provincial hospital, which is a very large regional facility. Large government hospitals like that can be very difficult to locate someone in and I would definitely not rely on information given from hospital admin offices. Have to go ward to ward. Sounds like he would not have had ID on him so may have been admitted as an unknown or with some Thai rendition of what he was able to tell them of his name.

There are 3-4 private hospitals in Surat as well, but the provincial hospital is where locals would be most likely to have taken someone who collapsed or otherwise seemed seriously ill. It is also the easiest hospital to be lost in.

as a retired expat with nothing to do i sometimes think i would like to help look for some of these missing persons.

even if it was to just go the their last known location and look around. especially if they are alone with no family in country.

i hope this guy is ok.

i know many here will start telling me how stupid i am. save it.

Family, friends, police and rescue services have still not been able to establish the whereabouts of a French man who went missing in Surat Thani on his way back to Koh Tao.

Francois Louet known as Jeff had been diving in Indonesia with his girlfriend. During his trip he had been unwell with an infection in his leg. He had taken medication for a fever, scuba dived to 60 meters, had lost his appetite and had shown signs of illness and disorientation. When the couple arrived at the pier in Surat Thani on Monday 14th to take the night boat back to Koh Tao Jeff and his girlfriend boarded the boat to rest. Prior to departure Jeff went out to have a cigarette. When his girlfriend went to check on him he had gone. A local lady said that she saw Jeff who had asked for directions to the nearest 7-11.

Nobody has seen or heard from Jeff since around 10pm on Monday. He was captured on CCTV walking away from the pier at 22.17 wearing a blue T-shirt and red shorts. Police and rescue worker have been unable to trace him at hospitals and hyperbaric chambers across the country. Jeffs left his phone and passport on the boat and it is thought he would be in possession of very little money. He made no calls from his phone prior to his disappearance. Jeffs friends and relatives are now gravely concerned for his safety and have asked the public to help locate him. If anybody has seen Jeff, who is 5ft 11 or has any information as to his whereabouts please call the Koh Tao Rescue on 0921232369 or the local police urgently.

Post 106 contained this update 3hrs earlier

please continue here:

SURAT THANI: -- Family, friends, police and rescue services have still not been able to establish the whereabouts of a French man who went missing in Surat Thani on his way back to Koh Tao.

Full story: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/904772-urgent-appeal-for-information-on-missing-french-man-last-seen-in-surat-thani/

//CLOSED//

/Admin

Archived