Bangkok police question man after dead baby found inside backpack

rooster59

USA same same. but includes a bathroom birth apparently. U of Illinois police discovered a dead baby in guy's backpack. March 16. just a few days ago. there's other backpack ones plus shopping bags. just in the USA alone. not years ago but just those within recent weeks or months. someone could open a new thread on dead babies in backpacks.

Currently watching King ofvthrines series, when the occasional evening allows.

Not much difference between their barbarism (of the people or of the state) and what we still occasionally see today.

Sounds an interesting series! Can I have the title again please?

Congratulations man!

I never came across anyone who never made a typo before.

if the story is true, than the poor man must be suffering, also his wife as they could not even afford to go to a hospital for the birth! it is a sad situation when the thai GOVERNMENT, let me say that again! the THAI government cannot make some kind of provision for the poor! outside of the 30 Baht scheme which was started by a previous overthrown gov't I have not seen anything else . The Thai people are a compassionate people, but they cannot do that alone! Instead of submarines, carriers without any planes, some of the money should be for the poor!

There are provisions outside of the 30 Baht hospital scheme but unfortunately all of the social welfare payments require the claimant to have, or to recently have had, a job, so they don't really help the poorest out at all.

There are compulsory pension payments taken from wages at 3% and topped up by another 1% by the government, resulting in a pension of 20% of the average wage earned.

Another 1.5% is taken from wages for sickness leave and this can turn into disability pension if the sickness continues, this is paid at a rate of 50% of average earnings, maternity pay is the same.

Another 0.5% of wages goes toward the social security fund and in cases of unemployment, benefit is paid at a rate of 50% of average earnings.

All families can claim Child Allowance of 350B per month per child under 6 and for a maximum of two children as long as they have made some social security fund payment in the last three years.

www.sso.go.th

Something forgotten here is that relatively few Thais work in salaried jobs that contribute to the Social Security fund. The vast majority still work at jobs where they are paid in cash by the day. I don't know where to look for statistics on how many Thais are covered by social security, but I'll bet it's still less than 20%.

I have a feeling this poor guy may be a bit retarded. Maybe his wife, too. Maybe more than a bit. I really don't believe there's some evil back story here. There are not very many government social workers.

Sad, if true,

They are so poor that riding around on motorbike,

even here not hard to go to the WAT and ask for help ?

Surely.

Army , police, nurses would have helped in some way,

if true, the man said the baby was dead! what do you think would have happened if he went to the "army" under this present gov't? what do you think would have happened if he went to the police? the only option was the hospital! and they charge! only the thai's know how they feel. most of the falangs here have been born and raised in a free country, those who have not have ran away from that gov't, pray tell where is a poor thai going to go?

You stated, "most of the falangs here have been born and raised in a free country" It all depends of your definition of a free country ?!?!

As far as I know? Thailand is also a free country under a soft military dictatorship, Now we could argue about this soft dictatorship.

As long as people are nor round up, brought to a football stadium, tortured and executed ? I still think it's soft ! .. Argentina, Honduras El Salvador comes to mind !!!

if the story is true, than the poor man must be suffering, also his wife as they could not even afford to go to a hospital for the birth! it is a sad situation when the thai GOVERNMENT, let me say that again! the THAI government cannot make some kind of provision for the poor! outside of the 30 Baht scheme which was started by a previous overthrown gov't I have not seen anything else . The Thai people are a compassionate people, but they cannot do that alone! Instead of submarines, carriers without any planes, some of the money should be for the poor!

There are provisions outside of the 30 Baht hospital scheme but unfortunately all of the social welfare payments require the claimant to have, or to recently have had, a job, so they don't really help the poorest out at all.

There are compulsory pension payments taken from wages at 3% and topped up by another 1% by the government, resulting in a pension of 20% of the average wage earned.

Another 1.5% is taken from wages for sickness leave and this can turn into disability pension if the sickness continues, this is paid at a rate of 50% of average earnings, maternity pay is the same.

Another 0.5% of wages goes toward the social security fund and in cases of unemployment, benefit is paid at a rate of 50% of average earnings.

All families can claim Child Allowance of 350B per month per child under 6 and for a maximum of two children as long as they have made some social security fund payment in the last three years.

www.sso.go.th

Something forgotten here is that relatively few Thais work in salaried jobs that contribute to the Social Security fund. The vast majority still work at jobs where they are paid in cash by the day. I don't know where to look for statistics on how many Thais are covered by social security, but I'll bet it's still less than 20%.

I have a feeling this poor guy may be a bit retarded. Maybe his wife, too. Maybe more than a bit. I really don't believe there's some evil back story here. There are not very many government social workers.

Last year they said that 64% of Thai's work in the grey economy, none of them would be able to claim anything from the social security fund except for child allowance, but they would be eligible for a waver of the 30 Baht hospital fee.

A mental issue could well be the cause, as could ignorance to what help is available, or a fearful distrust in the legal system, or all of the above.

Firstly if you are eligible for free medical then you need to register.. Many people don't know how! Also many village people actually believe that the "30 baht" scheme has been cancelled (it has but red leading village heads haven't explained that it is free) at a village level their is A LOT of disinformation about medical help!

I still do not understand why he could not have gone to hospital under 30 baht scheme (free if truly in poverty) ?

The Baby was Dead! he was looking for a respectful place to bury the child! and I do not know if the 30 baht scheme handles pregentcies!

If true, that is a tragedy. All prenatal care should be free to those below a certain income level.

No one should have to experience what this man claims happened.

Most migrant workers live like this. Up north, many Burmese fear hospitals because too many of them have gone in for something small and died. Our maid claims they are selling organs. Who knows, but on this side of the world, anything is possible, even in places where you think you're safe.

Archived