Pattaya businesses reminded of immigration overstay policies

Rimmer

Pattaya businesses reminded of immigration overstay policies

n7overstay.jpg

PATTAYA:--More than 450 Pattaya businesses were told to be vigilant in reporting foreigners who overstay their visas as new, stricter penalties – including blacklisting for up to 10 years – takes effect Sunday.

Pol. Lt. Gen Natorn Prausuntorn, commander of Immigration Police, briefed the 460 hotel owners, tour guides, schools, hospitals, and private businesses on the new rules March 10 at the Discovery Beach Hotel on Soi 6.

New rules take effect March 20 that will, for the first time, put real teeth into Thailand’s immigration policies, banning overstayers from re-entering the country for one to 10 years, depending on the length of their overstay and whether they turned themselves in voluntarily or not.

For those who surrender, foreigners overstaying up to one year will be banned for a year from coming back to Thailand. Three-year bans await overstayers of 1-3 years while those who have lived here without a visa for 3-5 years will be banned for five years. Overstayers of more than five years will be banned for 10 years.

For those whose overstay is found upon arrest, the bans begin at five years for up to a year of overstay. Those here longer will be blacklisted for 10 years.

Read more:-http://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-businesses-reminded-of-immigration-overstay-policies-56830

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2016-03-19 footer_n.gif

The Stasi has been reborn among the entrepentuers of Pattaya who in many cases might not welcome or even encourage a close a scrutiny as to their activities and company share holdings etc.

SimonMenner_Stasi_12.jpg

I wonder how long it will be before one or more of the "upstanding" foreigners or pathetic hobby bobbies pictured holding the ludicrous "good guys in;bad guys out' leaflets gets busted for being a sexual deviant, a drug dealer,illegal worker, fake lawyer,snake oil purveyor etc. ?

Thailand is awash with internal problems. What they Do? Declare open season on a few overstayers and tying up hundreds of Policemen to raid Farang Condo Complexes. As has happened in View Talay 1 & 2 recently.

This is what I call "setting priorities".

Cheers.

I wonder how long it will be before one or more of the "upstanding" foreigners or pathetic hobby bobbies pictured holding the ludicrous "good guys in;bad guys out' leaflets gets busted for being a sexual deviant, a drug dealer,illegal worker, fake lawyer,snake oil purveyor etc. ?

"Wondering" about volunteers is so much easier than volunteering one's own time. I keep my side of the street clean and leave the wondering to others.

Thailand is awash with internal problems. What they Do? Declare open season on a few overstayers and tying up hundreds of Policemen to raid Farang Condo Complexes. As has happened in View Talay 1 & 2 recently.

Cheers.

If you consider the approximate 800000 people currently here on overstay a few than might I suggest you go back to school and brush up on your math.

Cheers.

What happened ?

Cheers.

If you consider the approximate 800000 people currently here on overstay a few than might I suggest you go back to school and brush up on your math.

800,000?? where did you pluck this figure from? Deep in the imagination?

Cheers.

No I didn't pluck it from my imagination. I did something called research. You should try it sometime.

Here are just 3 articles to satify your doubt.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/877278-Overstay-blacklisting-starts-in-March

http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/overstayers-to-face-stiff-re-entry-ban-in-thailand_1814705.html

And in case TV removes the links due to forum rules just simply type into Google 800000 overstayers in Thailand.

I have never worked or want to work in Thailand but surely if you work for a company they will keep a copy of your WP and tell you when its renewal date is coming up? When I worked in Kazakhstan the HR department would contact me a couple of weeks ahead of time to let me know when it would be required for renewing.

"More than 450 Pattaya businesses were told to be vigilant in reporting foreigners who overstay"

Meaning you want them to grass on other Farangs right?

Yes that's about it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We do live in a county that this is the national past time.

They just wish to extend this to a particular part of the ex-pat community.

how nice and impotent this all is. bah.gif

it all part of the Smoke and Mirrors game. bah.gif

I have never worked or want to work in Thailand but surely if you work for a company they will keep a copy of your WP and tell you when its renewal date is coming up? When I worked in Kazakhstan the HR department would contact me a couple of weeks ahead of time to let me know when it would be required for renewing.

You are assuming competent HR folk who understand the process.

Cheers.

No I didn't pluck it from my imagination. I did something called research. You should try it sometime.

Here are just 3 articles to satify your doubt.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?/topic/877278-Overstay-blacklisting-starts-in-March

http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/overstayers-to-face-stiff-re-entry-ban-in-thailand_1814705.html

And in case TV removes the links due to forum rules just simply type into Google 800000 overstayers in Thailand.

As with all research, you really must choose your sources with care instead of making knee-jerk sensationalist nonsense posts. You should try it sometime.

From this very forum, a far more realistic number apparently sourced from Immigration.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/676318-more-than-100000-foreigners-staying-illegally-in-thailand/

I have never come across some official figures as to how many foreigners actually live here on a long term basis. Rough estimates pin it around 400'000. Immigration must be clueless.

Now the Police is trying the flush out the 1 % of over-stayers, disregarding the fact that over-stayers do not harm the Thai-Economy, they still spend their money here. For this purpose, they are willing to tie-up brigades of Cops, while at the same time, lady-boy gangs have made it an industry to rob Farangs in certain well known locations in Pattaya, getting away with a 200 Bht fine.

The future of Expats in Thailand looks bright.

Cheers.

Archived