Confused About Marriage Visa. Help Please !

Prajak

But: I am a Dutchman so please forgive me this “poor” English.

Case: Farang married to a Thai wife, both living in TH. No 65 years of age yet, no pension income yet. Money in the bank “abroad” and that is sufficient to live here in TH for many years to come. Waiting for pensions coming in a few years.

Old rule. 400,000 Baht in the bank “from abroad” and you get a retirement visa.

Q. 1.

New rule. Yes, how ? I read in this forum is that you MUST have 40K family income per month and that this 400,000 rule is gone. Is this true ? Is it also true that this visa can only be supplied in Bangkok ?

Q. 2.

In case it is true, do you have to tell the Imm police that you are married ? I mean, can you act as a “bachelor’ and simply put 800,000 in the bank from abroad ?

Old rule. 400,000 Baht in the bank “from abroad” and you get a retirement visa.

You need 800,000 for a retirement visa

Q. 1.

New rule. Yes, how ? I read in this forum is that you MUST have 40K family income per month and that this 400,000 rule is gone. Is this true ? Is it also true that this visa can only be supplied in Bangkok ?

New rules you need a combined (husband and wife) income of 40,000Bt/month and do not need 400,000Bt in the bank. Unless you already have a married visa then the old rules would apply to you 40,000 and/or 400,000.

Q. 2.

In case it is true, do you have to tell the Imm police that you are married ? I mean, can you act as a “bachelor’ and simply put 800,000 in the bank from abroad ?

If you are going for the retirement visa it does not matter if you are married or not you just have to meet the retirement criteria. If you can afford the 800,000bt this is probably the easiest way to go at the moment in my opinion. You can always change to the married visa if you find you want that.

This is only for people who want a new ret visa based on money in the bank.

You must show the 800,000Bt is in the account for the previous 3 months when you go for a renewal of your retirement visa. The following information is for Canadians but should be the same or similar to other countries.

One-Year O-A Visa for Retirees

This type of visa will be issued to applicants aged 50 years or above wishing to take retreat in the Kingdom for a period of at least one year.

1. Requirements for Obtaining a One-year O-A Visa

The applicant must be 50 years of age or older by the date of application

Applicants cannot be prohibited from entering the Kingdom

Applicants must having no criminal record against the security of Thailand or the country of his/her nationality, or the country of his/her residence.

Applicants must be of the nationality or resident in the country where his/her application is submitted.

Applicants must not have prohibitive diseases as indicated in Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535). (I believe this has been waived but you can check)

Applicants cannot be allowed to work in Thailand (Some work permits have been issued, but not many)

2. Documents Required to Apply for a One-Year O-A Visa

A passport valid for no less than one year and a half at the time of application

Three Visa Application Forms (with three passport-sized photos of the applicant taken within the past six months) certified by a lawyer or notary public.

A personal Data Form (i.e. "Additional Visa Application Form for "O-A" Long Stay) certified by a lawyer or notary public.

A bank statement showing a deposit of the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (original copy) indicating a monthly income of no less than 65,000 Baht. Alternatively, applicants can make a deposit and provide an income certificate indicating a total income of no less than 800,000 Baht a year. All financial statement must have the signature of the bank officer. Any bank statements require a letter of guarantee from the bank (original copy) as well (this document must be valid for no more than 3 months).

A criminal record check indicating that the applicant has no criminal record in the country of his/her nationality or residence (this document must be valid for no more than 3 months).

A medical certificate issued from the country in which the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) (this certificate shall be valid for no more than 3 months and must display a stamp or seal from the issuing office).

In the case that the applicant wishes to be accompanied by his/her foreign spouse but the spouse does not meet the requirements for the O-A Visa, a marriage certificate shall also be included in the application package (The spouse will be considered for the Visa for Temporary Residents under the 'O' Code).

For questions concerning visa, residency and workpermits maybe the special forum is a better place to get information:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...&s=&f=1

It is the place where all information about these matters is bundled.

A superb mod is in charge of it and he knows incredible much, if not all: Mr. Lopburi3

Limbo :o

PS: There are two rather fresh topics on marriage visa at the forum mentioned above.