Smartphones: Samsung, Oppo, Vivo, Huawei - which one the best?

momtaz

Looking to buy a smartphone mainly to be used for taking photos, edit them and upload to online social networks,

The most needed features are:

1) Good quality of photographing, to produce clear photos of products,

2) Fast - high CPU processing

3) Longer battery life time,

4) stable working and less crashes

I checked in market, there are some brands such: Oppo, Vivo, Huwei, etc,,

with camera capacity of 13 mgpx and front (selfie) of 8 mgpx. 3500 mAh battery, as I heard about Xiomi the chinese brand a such capable of 5000 mAh, it's getting a bit critical to make a decision, written specs are not always as expected, practical experience is most trusted matter, so if any one used a such good quality device as per the needed features mentioned in above, will be highly appreciate to share your comment and advise, and many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

I had a Samsung & thought it OK....Based on camera performance my wife got the Oppo with the swivel lens and remote.....By far out performed the Samsung in every way....She'd had a Nokia before....

I bought the Oppo R7s and found it far superior to Samsung for both the camera and other functions - doubt I would go back to Samsung based on my experiences.....

It was a friends wife that had recommended the Oppo otherwise we'd have never thought about it....Once my wife looked at the other gals pictures she got hers....

Mine is easier to operate than hers but the picture quality from both amazes me....

I did add a 64g SD card - can go to 128....But just have it parked there until I want to transfer photo files or add another sim card....

I just got the s7 edge. I now understand why its an Iphone killer. It also killed my s5. Its the fastest phone I have seen so far and a great camera. All the people are writing about how good the camera is. I had an Iphone (before i went Samsung) before could not get rid of it fast enough. I found it far to restrictive, its ok for people who like to be that way. I like to be able to copy songs on my phone without itunes and be able to ad an sd card in a phone.

Anyway in the end all your choice its hard to choose a bad phone currently, it all depends on preference now.

asus zenfone 2 laser either 5, 5.5 or 6 inch, removeabe battery 13mp camera, as good as a samsung but a third of the price.

The megapixel of the camera actually has little to do with quality of the camera, as almost all are overkill on the megapixels. And there are many more factors which influence camera quality. The best way to decided camera quality is to look at reviews and images taken by that camer

asus zenfone 2 laser either 5, 5.5 or 6 inch, removeabe battery 13mp camera, as good as a samsung but a third of the price.

The megapixel of the camera actually has little to do with quality of the camera, as almost all are overkill on the megapixels. And there are many more factors which influence camera quality. The best way to decided camera quality is to look at reviews and images taken by that camer

Correct, Samsung did not go higher in MP in their s7 but improved on the camera so it was even better for night shots. The same MP does not mean a thing

As good as they get, especially for the money. Ticks all the boxes.

One of the best features i found was the camera; it does not have a macro function as such as the laser patterns thrown out by the viewfinder make closeups really crystal clear. I got one specifically for work just for the camera and have expanded the storage to 128GB through the memory card. Battery life is excellent.

My personal phone is a galaxy S5 (don't want to go up to S6 or S7) and the little zenfone gives it a good race in all areas.

Correct, Samsung did not go higher in MP in their s7 but improved on the camera so it was even better for night shots. The same MP does not mean a thing
Whenever we take pictures at work that need to be zoomed in on small parts I always use someone's Samsung phone (Note 4 I think). The picture quality is far better than IPhone 6.

I was at a music festival that had a Tesla coil with the Lightning going through the two guys up on pedestals. It was amazing and there are probably a hundred phones out videoing it. All the Samsungs were crystal clear and the iPhone's were blurry including my own. My company gives me an iPhone. If I had to buy one I would go Samsung for sure.

Thanks for all the comments and replies guys,

actually, I am using iPhone 5s for my own use, the quality of photographing is not that much satisfying,

I need to buy the device for someone else to use for work,

recently we checked at Panthip plaza and found many considerable brands to look at for what is needed, such as: Asus zenfone, oppo, Vivo, Huawei, some versions they look like satisfying, but still did not decide yet, because written specs not truly convincing nowadays unless a real experience in hand takes place, and that's why I wanted to ask if anyone used before such devices before,

As said earlier, camera, battery life time, and working smoothly with less crashing, these 3 features are so important because the device will be used mainly for taking photos, editing and then upload the images to social networks as other online platforms,

For iPhone, currently i am using 5s, and been using it since older versions, but I won't consider it for this purchase, as there are many competitive and higher specs brands at half or less than half price, as my own one becoming so slow and time to time stuck then needs to be restarted, even I never jail brake and always iOS updated, won't be my choice any more, as there are many newly emerged brands with higher specs and lower price!

Thank you very much for all the comments guys,

wishing you all a peaceful weekend !

The s7 has fast charging.. can get back to 60% in half an hour.. iphone does not even come close.. also the camera quality is better, plus you can add as much storage as you want for a far lower price as the Iphone.

http://www.techinsider.io/10-things-galaxy-s7-can-do-iphone-cant-2016-2

http://www.techinsider.io/android-charges-much-faster-than-iphone-2016-2

I have had an S3, S4 and now an S5. The S6 was a disappointment and they apparently lost sales copying the iPhone. The old S5 was a far better phone. They are now back on track with the S7. I'm quite happy with my S5 but will likely buy an S7 if/when this one dies.

The s7 has fast charging.. can get back to 60% in half an hour.. iphone does not even come close.. also the camera quality is better, plus you can add as much storage as you want for a far lower price as the Iphone.

rich boys and their toys, AIS combo is all you need. Asus or Lenova worth a look.

rich boys and their toys, AIS combo is all you need. Asus or Lenova worth a look.

You mean you are going to tell others what they should or should not buy cheesy.gif Sounds like envy to me. Personally I don't care how people spend their money. Some like cars, some pay for female company, some drink it away, some smoke. Just imagine if you don't drink or smoke you could buy 2 of these each year.

Others buy a house in the dark of Isarn that they can never unload.. we all make choices.. I usually buy stuff that keeps me updated and helps me make even more money. A good phone does so.

I have had an S3, S4 and now an S5. The S6 was a disappointment and they apparently lost sales copying the iPhone. The old S5 was a far better phone. They are now back on track with the S7. I'm quite happy with my S5 but will likely buy an S7 if/when this one dies.

The price is almost more than an iPhone in old times,, not fit at this corner, appreciate your suggetion anyway,

Actually we were using AIS stuff, Lava and another elder brand too,

after a while started to be very very slow in charging, then not accepting charge at all, we thrown the elder one, and got another one that currently used, the same story of battery run out so quick and so slow to charge again, changed the battery, but still unhelpful, besides getting very hot and crashing often, it's so annoying and waste lot of working time,

based on the previous experiences, I won't consider any of AIS devices, red cross on it.

As mentioned earlier, these newly emerged brands: Oppo, Vivo, or Asus, Lenovo will be considered,

Thinking of buying a Samsung, not pleased that Apple has given up support on my trusted old Iphone 4, am I right in thinking that the S7 is the latest Samsung and one up from the edge note 6?

Thanks in antiiciapotion

Good stuff,robblok, remember what your powerful neighbours in Europe that is, say. "the last shirt you ever wear has no pockets". My first wife was German.

True.. you cant take it with you.. however you also don't know when you stop living. (unless you choose the time yourself). I prefer to build up a little buffer and invest in things that make me more productive.

Now i might have been ok with an lesser phone (quite possible actually) but because I don't drink and smoke I can spend it on other stuff. I normally skip one generation of phones making due with a phone for 2-3 years. Seems ok for me to buy a new one every 2-3 years even if its an expensive one.

Thinking of buying a Samsung, not pleased that Apple has given up support on my trusted old Iphone 4, am I right in thinking that the S7 is the latest Samsung and one up from the edge note 6?

Thanks in antiiciapotion

S7 is the one version after the s6 not the note. I got the s7 edge, its a nice phone. Top of the line, the others are good too.

You got 2 versions S7 and S7 edge.. the edge is a bit bigger.

I bought my first Chinese mobile phone Oppo R7S two months ago. The phone has 3gb ram with dual sim and micro SD support. It is almost 10k baht cheaper than galaxy s6. So far the phone is doing great for me for normal use, the camera is very good.. Although you will notice some lagging when you switch to any app.. But minimal about 1-2 seconds lag. .

I wouldn't mind to buy another Oppo again in the future.

Huawei is very attractive too..but the price is almost the same as Samsung .. I probably would buy Huawei than Samsung due to more interesting design and spec

Archived