Video of feeding frenzy by ‘greedy’ Chinese tourists in Chiang Mai goes viral

rooster59

Just let them pay for the food that was not eaten. The Thais wanted the Chinese tourists now they got them.

What a stupid post. Chinese tourists are in London, Paris, Bangkok, Rome, New York, and practically every major city world-wide. Every country wants tourists, why is Thailand any different? I have Chinese tourists in my restaurant and have no more problems with them than any others. Do I want them? Yes, that's why I have my menu in Chinese, as well as Japanese, Korean, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, English and Thai. Maybe big tour groups are problematic, but they don't represent all of the Chinese tourists, much like tour groups from most countries.

Much like Aussi football teams (AUSSI AUSSI AUSSI) don't represent the majority of the Australian population...,hell, we are perfectly capable of making a spectacle of ourselves, without assistance.

I notice Chiangmaijoe doesn't have a buffet. That would be a whole different story. Onthe other hand the OP was probbaly showing them grabbing up river prawns wich in my estimation suck. They found that out and left them.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite what they were thinking going on an Asian holiday without first at least learning some basic Western European manners I do not know,

Its general manners, rather than a western european thing or are you suggesting that only western europeans have manners?

I can't see the problem. Obviously a group of health conscious tourists who realise how important it is to include fresh seafood as part of a well-balanced diet. Plus they're getting a good workout session at the same time.

Quite what they were thinking going on an Asian holiday without first at least learning some basic Western European manners I do not know,

Its general manners, rather than a western european thing or are you suggesting that only western europeans have manners?

Most don't snort and spit publicly at every opportunity.

I have had some real rows with some of them especially at the airports waiting in immigration they continually jump the queues. If it happens to you just do the same, bump and push them out of the way.

Yup. Happened to me last time I came through BKK airport. A group of Chinese people pushing me out of the way so that they could queue jump.

It was irritating in the extreme but rather than cause a scene. I just quietly thought to myself that in the big scheme of things it was really important. There'll be yet more queues ahead of us before any of us get on the plane anyway.

Saw that BBC3 documentary about Swampy airport and was pleased to see the Thai martial arts lady who worked at the airport, enforcing good behaviour at the queues. She was sending people to the back if they queue jumped. Sadly she wasn't there when I was going through immigration.

And this is the tourist the Happy General and his gang wants. Get rid off the Europeans, Americans and Australians. Lets get the good Chinese, Japanese and Koreans in.

Do you live in SE Asia or have you travelled around the area.

This article is about the Chinese.

The Japanese have the most beautiful manners and pay serious attention to etiquette . The Koreans I have met would never behave like this.

Unless you're an Allied POW working on some sort of railway construction project in Thailand - then agreed yes, the Japanese have impeccable manners.

And this is the tourist the Happy General and his gang wants. Get rid off the Europeans, Americans and Australians. Lets get the good Chinese, Japanese and Koreans in.

The Japanese have the most beautiful manners and pay serious attention to etiquette . The Koreans I have met would never behave like this.

Unless you're an Allied POW working on some sort of railway construction project in Thailand - then agreed yes, the Japanese have impeccable manners.

Yes how right you are,never forget history, i was glad to see the back of those Romans after they killed our queen Bodica,don't forget the French either,invading our country and killing king Harold.

Yes how right you are,never forget history, i was glad to see the back of those Romans after they killed our queen Bodica,don't forget the French either,invading our country and killing king Harold.

Don't forget Australopithecus, they had terrible manners

Didnt you hear :

The war has finished and theres no more POWs or railway projects

Didnt you hear :

I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of veterans still alive, with a personal mantra off "never forget, never forgive".... some of who would perhaps have been tortured by the Japanese imperial army during WW2

And the following generation of fatherless children probably couldn't give a tinkers toss about the manners of a people's who murdered their fathers

I'm at Suvarnabhumi right now, just wait till you see the scrum for the lifts! Trying to get out was just barge through as their all terrified of losing a place. Ugghhh. At least thais have the common sense to exit a bts momentarily to let people off. This will NEVER happen with the china's.

Slightly off topic, but relevant to our perception of their attitude... So I thought to share a <deleted> experience, that occurred in front of me two hours ago.

I was just entering the cluster Fark that is Chalong circle, when A Chinese couple, on a scooter, came from my left side, cut in front of me, and proceeded to ride around the circle in the opposite direction to normal traffic flow.... Unbelievable behavior!

I saw a young chinese guy on a motorbike who was about to cross the road to enter Chalong Temple. Thing is he chickened out, a lot of traffic on Chaofa , anyway he then decided to get off and push the bike instead, problem was he started to give it throttle so the bike sped away a few meters with him dragging behind and both then falling violently to the ground. He then got up and did this two more times. One of the more messed up things I have seen here. He looked so utterly stupid.

I'm at Suvarnabhumi right now, just wait till you see the scrum for the lifts! Trying to get out was just barge through as their all terrified of losing a place. Ugghhh. At least thais have the common sense to exit a bts momentarily to let people off. This will NEVER happen with the china's.

Slightly off topic, but relevant to our perception of their attitude... So I thought to share a <deleted> experience, that occurred in front of me two hours ago.

I was just entering the cluster Fark that is Chalong circle, when A Chinese couple, on a scooter, came from my left side, cut in front of me, and proceeded to ride around the circle in the opposite direction to normal traffic flow.... Unbelievable behavior!

I saw a young chinese guy on a motorbike who was about to cross the road to enter Chalong Temple. Thing is he chickened out, a lot of traffic on Chaofa , anyway he then decided to get off and push the bike instead, problem was he started to give it throttle so the bike sped away a few meters with him dragging behind and both then falling violently to the ground. He then got up and did this two more times. One of the more messed up things I have seen here. He looked so utterly stupid.

I bet you wish you had a dash cam running to capture that little comedy!

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt you hear :

some people like to keep the hate alive and hope it starts another war

Back to the buffet topic: I wonder if this is why I can not longer find beer buffets? Rush bar is the only place I know of that still has one, and they make it clear their beer promotions are "no foreigners".

Also promotions such as that were deemed 'illegal' under the puritans..

I guess that Beijing's mayor is a racist.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/26/AR2007012600075_pf.html

Wang expressed concern the 15 million residents of Beijing may not yet be up to the task of playing host to the 2008 Olympics, worrying perhaps that ingrained habits like pushing, spitting and shouting could unnerve foreign guests.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-02-08-china-manners_x.htm

The government's response highlights one of many cultural differences between East and West: The problem is not spitting per se, but where to spit. "It is unhealthy to swallow spit," Zhang says, "so we need to help people spit in a civilized way."

Years ago some of the worst behavior I had seen to date by Thai was their pushing and aggression at a Buffet on a Star Cruise. It was so bad that the next night I chose to pay money to eat in a sit down restaurant(the buffet was free).

I have friends who are Chinese who would never EVER think to act like this...

The ones in this video should be rounded up back in China and executed to serve as a warning...

Had they been black, you would've never said such a thing. Unless, of course, you start off with "I have friends who are black...".

• 1 month later...

Beijing is embarrassed about unruly Chinese tourists and plans to ‘publicly shame’ them

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/01/16/beijing-is-embarrassed-about-unruly-chinese-tourists-and-plans-to-publicly-shame-them/?tid=a_inl

After a spate of incidents involving Chinese nationals abroad, Li Jinzao, head of China's National Tourism Administration, was reported to have said that records would be kept of problem tourists, with tourists "ranked" on the severity of their misbehavior. These tourists would receive messages reminding them to behave when they landed at their destination. If they disobeyed, they would be punished.

I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of veterans still alive, with a personal mantra off "never forget, never forgive".... some of who would perhaps have been tortured by the Japanese imperial army during WW2

And the following generation of fatherless children probably couldn't give a tinkers toss about the manners of a people's who murdered their fathers

There aren't many of them left: a WWII-veteran who was 20 years old in 1945 would be 91 years old in 2016...

Archived