Video of feeding frenzy by ‘greedy’ Chinese tourists in Chiang Mai goes viral

rooster59

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen this and many other incidents with rude non mannered Chines. 20+ years dealing in exporting from China I have been many times. They have no manners what so every it is push push, get in there first. I have had some real rows with some of them especially at the airports waiting in immigration they continually jump the queues. If it happens to you just do the same, bump and push them out of the way.

These Rude and Shameless Chinese Tourists Trashes behave like Pigs and Piranhas wherever they are.

They don't spend extras moneys in other shopping outlets except for their own Chinese links shopping outlets and they even books their own Chinese Prostitutes for enjoyments.

Most of their moneys spent on accommodations, transportations and guide are Chinese own establishment. It a pity Thailand is opening their Legs Wide for these Chinese Trashes and Piranhas to ruin and destroys their country for little to no benefits.

Farang Backpackers easily spend more moneys then these Shameless and Rude Chinese Trashes and Piranhas.

I wonder if this behavior is a direct result of China having a large population of people who are unaware of manners.

I think they are taught "don't hang back or you will miss out!"

Wherever they go, they have to fight to get their share or miss out.

Good manners are not rewarded.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior in Bangladesh or India?

Yes there is such "push to get what you need" mentality in India, but it doesn't apply to food buffets like this. I believe the Indians have a little bit more class/shame than these... people.

The Indian class act is reserved for Beach Road Pattaya. Trumps Chinese table manners every time.

From notices placed at the buffet counter and shown in the video it shows that this event took place at the Ramayana Restaurant, King Power (duty free) Complex, Soi Rang Nam, Bangkok and not at a Chiang Mai Hotel. Looks like another case of regurgitating news without fact-checking sources. Now that we know were this took place we may decide to avoid the premises due to the tour groups that frequent the place.

At the airport yesterday, it was like being in China. Of course, the main entrance door has about 100 Chinese people just shouting at each other with their carts and bags, blocking anyone from entering or exiting the airport, or just to walk past them. I had to physically push them so I could get past.

I returned to Swampy at 1.00 am this morning

Talk about a nightmare,

On my way out I let my luggage cart hit about 8 of the idiots

They just look at you when you want to pass by

On the way out to the BIL who was waiting outside my loving wife gave a group a mouthful whistling.gif

Good Thai Chinese relations gigglem.gif

I'm at a hotel in Bangkok now that seems to cater to the Chinese tour bus groups. I went down for breakfast and it was chaos. Everything was a mess, food and trash on the floor, horrible. The hotel had to have a crew of 3 people clean everything up so the rest of us could eat. Terrible.

And this is the tourist the Happy General and his gang wants. Get rid off the Europeans, Americans and Australians. Lets get the good Chinese, Japanese and Koreans in.

Do you live in SE Asia or have you travelled around the area.

This article is about the Chinese.

The Japanese have the most beautiful manners and pay serious attention to etiquette . The Koreans I have met would never behave like this.

Many "all you can eat" places have a policy... At the time of the bill, any food left in plates will get a charge "a la carte"..and it is not cheap, like the Andaman Sea Food Buffet in Chaing Mai.

Probably this place..or the Chinese.... learned a lesson. Anyway was disgusting behavior.

About 9 years ago I stayed at the Windsor Suites Hotel in Bangkok and witness the exact behavior from Chinese tourist.

I have stopped patronizing two hotels in Bangkok because of the hoards of Chinese tour groups they now cater to. I just got fed up with the shoving, shouting, and me-first mentality in the lobbies, elevators and restaurants. Plus, Thai staff allowed them to smoke everywhere.

•Mao must be proud of the unethical, course, and self-centered offspring he has sired.

•T.A.T. must be proud of the Pandora's box it has opened.

•I am proud that I can still vote with my feet and go elsewhere--for the time being.

Don't we love them, those "high quality tourists" whom Thai authorities permanently try to "lure" in with ever new freebies and goodies and relaxed visa schemes, to boost Thai tourism? I feel great being surrounded by so much Hi Quality now, I love it!!!! sick.gif

I've lived in China, this is daily life. i was visiting there with a friend more recently and as we were leaving to go to the airport, we decided to get McDonalds. I sent him in while i watched the luggage outside. Ten minutes later he came out with nothing. he said he could not make it to the counter. He is over 6ft and about 300lbs.. I walked in and was out, with the food in 5 minutes. young, old, male, female, it does not matter, push and shove and yell.... the only way to win.

At the airport yesterday, it was like being in China. Of course, the main entrance door has about 100 Chinese people just shouting at each other with their carts and bags, blocking anyone from entering or exiting the airport, or just to walk past them. I had to physically push them so I could get past.

But tourist numbers are UPPPPPPPPPPPP!

Has anyone started a list of hotels that cater to Chinese bus tours such as these? I for one would be interested in knowing where to avoid them.

Regent Savurnabhumi, Lat Krabang.

I have my apartment very close and last night ( a usual occurrence) 4 busloads of Chinese hooligans turned up

in their coaches between midnight and 4am.

Sleep not possible.

What is the issue. They took more than they could eat. WOW.

Change policy to include that uneaten food will be added to the bill at the end.

What worries me is that the prawns will be recycled into the next customers plate.

They are completely opposite to the people in Taiwan.

Says to me there is a big cultural divide between Taiwanese Chinese and PRC Chinese.

No surprise the Taiwanese don't want to be a part of the PRC.

It is my OPINION,..that the behavior of these people is atrocious, however, considering their culture and the fact that they, for hundreds of years have been cut off from society, with some having no idea what is socially acceptable (in general). They are behaving in a way that is normal to their culture.

It is necessary then to deal with the consequences of their "invasion".

I agree with the former post: Make them pay for the wasted food. Weigh it and give a bill for it.

This might be the medicine that heals everyone from the "eyes bigger than the belly" syndrome.

They are completely opposite to the people in Taiwan.

Says to me there is a big cultural divide between Taiwanese Chinese and PRC Chinese.

No surprise the Taiwanese don't want to be a part of the PRC.

Also Hong Kong & Macau Chinese are decent people & detest main landers......

Time for the whole bunch of TAT spankers to join these high quality tourists on a few outings, especially for the feeding frenzies and airport check-ins. The whole affair should be filmed and shown to one and all, so we can see how they are having such a wonderful outing.

I dont care who you are, where you come from, your age, gender, race, nationality...whatever

there is simply no excuse for behaviour like this

Quite what they were thinking going on an Asian holiday without first at least learning some basic Western European manners I do not know, I mean did they even learn how to use a knife and fork? Seriously though, I have seen more disgusting things in Thailand done by Thai people, spitting on their plate while I am still eating is one that I don't cope with well.

Archived