BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Video of feeding frenzy by ‘greedy’ Chinese tourists in Chiang Mai goes viral

Back to the buffet topic: I wonder if this is why I can not longer find beer buffets? Rush bar is the only place I know of that still has one, and they make it clear their beer promotions are "no foreigners".

I have friends who are Chinese who would never EVER think to act like this...

The ones in this video should be rounded up back in China and executed to serve as a warning...

Unless you're an Allied POW working on some sort of railway construction project in Thailand - then agreed yes, the Japanese have impeccable manners.

Didnt you hear :

The war has finished and theres no more POWs or railway projects

some people like to keep the hate alive and hope it starts another war

Back to the buffet topic: I wonder if this is why I can not longer find beer buffets? Rush bar is the only place I know of that still has one, and they make it clear their beer promotions are "no foreigners".

Also promotions such as that were deemed 'illegal' under the puritans..

I guess that Beijing's mayor is a racist.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/01/26/AR2007012600075_pf.html

Wang expressed concern the 15 million residents of Beijing may not yet be up to the task of playing host to the 2008 Olympics, worrying perhaps that ingrained habits like pushing, spitting and shouting could unnerve foreign guests.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/world/2006-02-08-china-manners_x.htm

The government's response highlights one of many cultural differences between East and West: The problem is not spitting per se, but where to spit. "It is unhealthy to swallow spit," Zhang says, "so we need to help people spit in a civilized way."

Years ago some of the worst behavior I had seen to date by Thai was their pushing and aggression at a Buffet on a Star Cruise. It was so bad that the next night I chose to pay money to eat in a sit down restaurant(the buffet was free).

I have friends who are Chinese who would never EVER think to act like this...

The ones in this video should be rounded up back in China and executed to serve as a warning...

Had they been black, you would've never said such a thing. Unless, of course, you start off with "I have friends who are black...".

Beijing is embarrassed about unruly Chinese tourists and plans to ‘publicly shame’ them

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/01/16/beijing-is-embarrassed-about-unruly-chinese-tourists-and-plans-to-publicly-shame-them/?tid=a_inl

After a spate of incidents involving Chinese nationals abroad, Li Jinzao, head of China's National Tourism Administration, was reported to have said that records would be kept of problem tourists, with tourists "ranked" on the severity of their misbehavior. These tourists would receive messages reminding them to behave when they landed at their destination. If they disobeyed, they would be punished.

The war has finished and theres no more POWs or railway projects

I'm pretty sure that there are a lot of veterans still alive, with a personal mantra off "never forget, never forgive".... some of who would perhaps have been tortured by the Japanese imperial army during WW2

And the following generation of fatherless children probably couldn't give a tinkers toss about the manners of a people's who murdered their fathers

There aren't many of them left: a WWII-veteran who was 20 years old in 1945 would be 91 years old in 2016...