BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Video of feeding frenzy by ‘greedy’ Chinese tourists in Chiang Mai goes viral

Don't we love them, those "high quality tourists" whom Thai authorities permanently try to "lure" in with ever new freebies and goodies and relaxed visa schemes, to boost Thai tourism? I feel great being surrounded by so much Hi Quality now, I love it!!!! sick.gif

and some people wonder why the Hong Kong Chinese look down on and hate the Mainlanders.

I've lived in China, this is daily life. i was visiting there with a friend more recently and as we were leaving to go to the airport, we decided to get McDonalds. I sent him in while i watched the luggage outside. Ten minutes later he came out with nothing. he said he could not make it to the counter. He is over 6ft and about 300lbs.. I walked in and was out, with the food in 5 minutes. young, old, male, female, it does not matter, push and shove and yell.... the only way to win.

At the airport yesterday, it was like being in China. Of course, the main entrance door has about 100 Chinese people just shouting at each other with their carts and bags, blocking anyone from entering or exiting the airport, or just to walk past them. I had to physically push them so I could get past.

But tourist numbers are UPPPPPPPPPPPP!

What can you say.....animals?

No, animals are much better behaved. Some kind of sub-species.

Has anyone started a list of hotels that cater to Chinese bus tours such as these? I for one would be interested in knowing where to avoid them.

Regent Savurnabhumi, Lat Krabang.

I have my apartment very close and last night ( a usual occurrence) 4 busloads of Chinese hooligans turned up

in their coaches between midnight and 4am.

Sleep not possible.

Had the same experience at a airport restroom on the Mainland trying to get to the mens urinal. Elbows, pushing, crowing. It's there way.

What is the issue. They took more than they could eat. WOW.

Change policy to include that uneaten food will be added to the bill at the end.

What worries me is that the prawns will be recycled into the next customers plate.

They are completely opposite to the people in Taiwan.

Says to me there is a big cultural divide between Taiwanese Chinese and PRC Chinese.

No surprise the Taiwanese don't want to be a part of the PRC.

Close China's borders.

Yeah, what's 12% of exports and 15% of imports, just an odd 30 billion dollars, in comparison to watching people eat in a way you deem to be poorly mannered?

It is my OPINION,..that the behavior of these people is atrocious, however, considering their culture and the fact that they, for hundreds of years have been cut off from society, with some having no idea what is socially acceptable (in general). They are behaving in a way that is normal to their culture.

It is necessary then to deal with the consequences of their "invasion".

I agree with the former post: Make them pay for the wasted food. Weigh it and give a bill for it.

This might be the medicine that heals everyone from the "eyes bigger than the belly" syndrome.

They are completely opposite to the people in Taiwan.

Says to me there is a big cultural divide between Taiwanese Chinese and PRC Chinese.

No surprise the Taiwanese don't want to be a part of the PRC.

Also Hong Kong & Macau Chinese are decent people & detest main landers......

Time for the whole bunch of TAT spankers to join these high quality tourists on a few outings, especially for the feeding frenzies and airport check-ins. The whole affair should be filmed and shown to one and all, so we can see how they are having such a wonderful outing.

I dont care who you are, where you come from, your age, gender, race, nationality...whatever

there is simply no excuse for behaviour like this

Quite what they were thinking going on an Asian holiday without first at least learning some basic Western European manners I do not know, I mean did they even learn how to use a knife and fork? Seriously though, I have seen more disgusting things in Thailand done by Thai people, spitting on their plate while I am still eating is one that I don't cope with well.