BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rooster59

Video of feeding frenzy by ‘greedy’ Chinese tourists in Chiang Mai goes viral

The pictures were bad enough, but the wee video was rather disturbing to watch.

But.... there are a lot of Thai businesses that still chase the Chinese business, like the king bird nest restaurant in Phuket.

Funnily enough, as an avid gardener, I wanted to see these king bird nests, thinking the place was a garden center... Duh!

When my wife and I tried to enter, we were stopped, because we weren't Chinese... They kind of explained why, when questioned, and we left happily enough, as no way was I going inside to compete with the Chinese in eating birds nest.

I've noticed somewhat similar behavior by young Thai men at hotel breakfast buffets. Like if there are hot dogs, they stack their plate with them, cleaning out the table. Always amazes me as Thai hot dogs are so disgustingly bad.

I have been at a lot of buffet breakfasts over the years, especially in Pattaya, and have never seen any bad behaviour, but again you are there all the time

and like you, the TV posters have no reason not to be truthful about it.

About 9 years ago I stayed at the Windsor Suites Hotel in Bangkok and witness the exact behavior from Chinese tourist.

In 2011 I was in Sydney at the Darling Harbour seafood market.......I have seen animals in Africa eat with more dignity!!!

We holidayed in bali last Christmas. First class service. Clean environment. Good English speaking professionally run tourist operations. Tons of western tourists comming back year after year after year and loving it. As one commenter noted... you reap what you sow (???????)

Most All You Can Eat Buffets in the

Better Restaruants in Hawaii state

"please take all you can eat And eat

and eat all you take". CHARGE FOR

WASTING FOOD $20.00. (Buffet price

$49.95)

I seen many buffets where one is supposed to be fined if the food is not finished!

Very pleased the video didn't show the brawl that occurred at the spaghetti bolognaise tray

Shawn0001. Reading through this topic, it would seem it is right to generalise about Chinese tourists and their behaviour in Thailand.

All these Thaivisa members cannot be wrong, what would they have to gain by it?

Of course there are decent Chinese people like in any other country, but this topic is about Chinese tourists here in Thailand.

There is no getting away from it, their behaviour is disgusting, and I do not blame any hotels or other businesses for banning them.

Would you like a link to an antisemitic site? Perhaps you would then feel that it "seems right" to generalize on Jews due to the sheer number of members on the site, meaning that they simply cannot be wrong? After all, what would they have to gain by it?

There are decent Chinese coming to Thailand as well, perhaps if you moved in slightly more sophisticated circles you would have seen them, perhaps you simply cannot afford to go anywhere near the places where high class Chinese tourists go?

There is getting away from generalizing on a whole nation based on the actions of a few low class package tourists, there really is, it is called getting away from being a bigot. To suggest banning a race based on these peoples actions says it all about you. You really would have gotten along great with the Nazi's, their signs said, "No Jews", and you would not have blamed them, right? Shameful stuff man.

About 9 years ago I stayed at the Windsor Suites Hotel in Bangkok and witness the exact behavior from Chinese tourist.

In 2011 I was in Sydney at the Darling Harbour seafood market.......I have seen animals in Africa eat with more dignity!!!

This is an international forum. People visit Thailand from all around the world. People have different eating habits all over the world. Some people like to eat with their hands, others prefer to eat on the floor. Some people eat with their mouths open, others with mouths shut.

Although I wouldn't want to eat at that buffet because I hate pushing and shoving, but by the looks of it it's a Chinese group of like minded diners and the only ones getting upset are the snobs on this forum who believe the whole world should conform to their way of life.

lemonjelly post # 48.

Give it a couple of years, many hotels will have the "no Chinese" signs up.

Now one can start to understand the reason for these signs all those years ago.Seems as if nothing changes with regards to the behavior of the Chinese.

hqdefault.jpg

In Western Australia, the recreational abalone season has been shortened to something like two half days a year, due to the rapacious nature of the Chinese, taking everything they can get their hands on.... Obviously they have ruined it for everybody, with their disrespect and disregard for others and the environment.

And... These are people resident in Australia, so educating the Chinese shown in this post, in manners and patience, Will be a hard task.

Oh yeah.... Shawn0001.... What is this reply feature you speak of... Do you mean in personal messages? I'm still learning about the site and shortcuts, so any information is good (your post 110)

Cheers

What does the chief of TAT say about this sort of crap from the Chinese ? Twelve months ago she told Thailand to be patient with them, they will improve with guidance. I know where I would like to guide by size 10 boot.

What does the chief of TAT say about this sort of crap from the Chinese ?

What does TAT have to say about cheap Charlies breeding racial hatred against their prime source of income?

Shawn0001. Reading through this topic, it would seem it is right to generalise about Chinese tourists and their behaviour in Thailand.

All these Thaivisa members cannot be wrong, what would they have to gain by it?

Of course there are decent Chinese people like in any other country, but this topic is about Chinese tourists here in Thailand.

There is no getting away from it, their behaviour is disgusting, and I do not blame any hotels or other businesses for banning them.

Would you like a link to an antisemitic site? Perhaps you would then feel that it "seems right" to generalize on Jews due to the sheer number of members on the site, meaning that they simply cannot be wrong? After all, what would they have to gain by it?

There are decent Chinese coming to Thailand as well, perhaps if you moved in slightly more sophisticated circles you would have seen them, perhaps you simply cannot afford to go anywhere near the places where high class Chinese tourists go?

There is getting away from generalizing on a whole nation based on the actions of a few low class package tourists, there really is, it is called getting away from being a bigot. To suggest banning a race based on these peoples actions says it all about you. You really would have gotten along great with the Nazi's, their signs said, "No Jews", and you would not have blamed them, right? Shameful stuff man.

I suppose it you had a hotel or ran a buffet in Pattaya, you would be happy to have these Chinese groups as customers? As I said, the topic is not about Chinese people

in general, it is about the groups or busloads of them and their behaviour in Pattaya, it is disgusting and that's it. End of debate.

Unfortunate t say but I did see something similar at a hotel in London. This time though it was Thai's that were doing it

No,no,no.i think that the Chinese tourists should be encouraged to eat like this.It will show Thailand exactly what they can be like.

And this what Thailand wants.

Quality tourists,and now they've got 'em.