U-Tapao International Airport ready for commercial flights

webfact

U Ta Phao airport ready for commercial flights

u.jpg

Image source: Internet

RAYONG, 21 March 2016 (NNT) - A large number of tourists have started to use the U Ta Phao International Airport in Rayong as a result of the government’s policy to develop it as the country’s third international commercial airport.

Arrival and departure passenger halls of the airport on Sunday were bustling with both Thai and foreign tourists who were waiting to be on board domestic and international flights. Tourists, flights and airlines now use the airport more following the government’s policy as well as the airport’s physical and geographical advantages.

The airport is being developed to have 49 bays and two aviation bridges which meet international standards. The airport will also cooperate with immigration checkpoints in preparation for its service expansion. It is expected to accommodate more than 62,000 flights a year and three million passengers a year.

The airport is scheduled to provide full commercial services at the end of this year after its systems are tested.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-21 footer_n.gif

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ready as in; we tared the runways anew, now let's get that money flowing.

I wonder if they are really ready and have had safety inspections from all international agencies

Only the Chinese inspection agency was on site and fed prawns for lunch, it was glorious.

Living next door in Ban Chang, this is a great improvement over Suvarnabhumi, let alone Don Muang!

I've been using it for flights to Singapore and Malaysia and since 3 months and it still is a bit clumsy, but works for me and saves so much time.

U tha Pao or something like that is just the English transliteration from Thai. So don't complaint Thais for this.

if they want 3 million passengers a year, they better make up their mind. I don't care what they choose but when I type it into Google map or my car GPS I would like to have a correct answer.

Shangai is also not written Changai or Shankay.

Ready as in; we tared the runways anew, now let's get that money flowing.

I wonder if they are really ready and have had safety inspections from all international agencies

Only the Chinese inspection agency was on site and fed prawns for lunch, it was glorious.

555! That comment could've actually been made by Chuck Sheen

U Ta Phao or U-Tapao?

Very confusing when trying to find specific things about Thailand on the internet. Thais really need to take grammar more seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Languages are confusing, it's easy to mix up 'grammar' with 'spelling', for example. Don't take it seriously. tongue.png

It has been spelled U-Tapao since the mid 60s. The spelling variations have some form many doifferent points of view on correct English transliterations. For example, Jomtien has been seen as Chomtian, Chom Tian, Chomtien. The sign on the aiport terminal should be good enough for all. Use the IATA ~ UTP.

U Ta Phao or U-Tapao?

Very confusing when trying to find specific things about Thailand on the internet. Thais really need to take grammar more seriously.

There is an official Thai transliteration scheme. Blame the newspapers and government officials if they don't use it. Don't expect the average Joe Thai to even know it exists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_General_System_of_Transcription

A short history of the development of the Romanization ofThai .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanization_of_Thai

Remember Don Muang?

All of a sudden it should be Don Mueang.

Maybe it was Utapao an now it should be

U-ta-Pao.

Maybe there are no fixed rules in transliteration of Thai into English, or maybe the Thai language is not "fixed" enough to be transliterated.

U tha Pao or something like that is just the English transliteration from Thai. So don't complaint Thais for this.

if they want 3 million passengers a year, they better make up their mind. I don't care what they choose but when I type it into Google map or my car GPS I would like to have a correct answer.

Shangai is also not written Changai or Shankay.

And it is not written Shangai.

U Ta Phao or U-Tapao?

Languages are confusing, it's easy to mix up 'grammar' with 'spelling', for example. Don't take it seriously. tongue.png
5555 darn!!!

( *crawling back into my cave* )

So what airlines fly from there?

Currently, Air Asia (domestic and international) Bangkok Airways (domestic) + Chinese and Russian charters

The new terminal seems to be progressing well as is the double lane extension to Hwy 331

They just need to work out the short and long term secure car parking to the new terminal and all will be good

Living next door in Ban Chang, this is a great improvement over Suvarnabhumi, let alone Don Muang!

I've been using it for flights to Singapore and Malaysia and since 3 months and it still is a bit clumsy, but works for me and saves so much time.

When you are on a trip, do you leave a vehicle at U-Tapao? What is the cost of parking? Thanks.

When you are on a trip, do you leave a vehicle at U-Tapao? What is the cost of parking? Thanks.

My wife drops me off and picks me up, another advantage as she would now come to Suvarnabhumi.

The parking seems to be a bit limited at the moment, I would advise a taxi or other drop off.

Parking space at Suvarnabhumi is also getting tight, it took me half an hour last Wednesday to find a spot on the top deck.

Well if it is ready to join the ranks of Thai International airports, does that mean they now have long lines of not so well behaved Chinese tourists or were they there already?

Careful you posters with blaming the Chinese for everything.

Experience with some 112 homes community were I live points more at Koreans.

Archived