List of concerns with regard to a sudden move to Cambodia?

blondesurferboy

There is a wide spectrum of severity with dengue, it can be so mild that you hardly know you have it and so severe that it is anguish and you have to be hospitalized. And everywhere in between.

Why this obsession with dengue?

I just have this paranoia about being one of the lucky ones and getting it at least once while I live there. I'm almost worried that even if I get my vaccinations, I will probably end up getting Hep A or B from contaminated food, water, women, etc.

The reason I feel this way is because my body seems oversensitive to infections. I also contract infections such as std's very easily. For example, I keep reading online from doctors that are experts in the field of stds and sex health and they often mention that it isn't very common to contract chlamydia and gonorrhea via unprotected oral sex, yet whenever I decide to receive oral without a condom BOOM! I get it every time lol. I just find it strange because I don't have HIV or any other immune deficiency disease, yet my body so easily catches infections (the flu, cold as well).

I will definitely use condoms when receiving oral sex from any woman in Cambodia and even protected intercourse with a condom worries me as they aren't a 100% guarantee. Has anyone on here received unprotected oral and come away from it without an std?

Yes, the idea of being involved in a traffic accident sounds pretty scary as well.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
....I will definitely use condoms when receiving oral sex from any woman in Cambodia and even protected intercourse with a condom worries me as they aren't a 100% guarantee. Has anyone on here received unprotected oral and come away from it without an std?

real men dont kiss and tell LOL

but here's a little

i have NEVER had oral sex with a condom>> whats that like, did u pay for it?

Dengue ( i got it here in Phuket) is MUCH worse than any std,

Have also had Hep A and Malaria but not in Cambodia

I haven't had any vaccination's in decades an been living here since the 80's

Personally i think u should remain in Japan, ur not ready for Cambodia nor is Cambodia ready for you.

....I will definitely use condoms when receiving oral sex from any woman in Cambodia and even protected intercourse with a condom worries me as they aren't a 100% guarantee. Has anyone on here received unprotected oral and come away from it without an std?

but here's a little

Personally i think u should remain in Japan, ur not ready for Cambodia nor is Cambodia ready for you.

Well, I usually get both unprotected and protected oral from different sex partners, but if I meet with a sex worker...I definitely use protection every time. I used to receive oral from sex workers unprotected and I would get an std almost every time. There are some super thin condoms here in Japan that actually grant some feeling, unlike most condoms that just feel like they numbed you down there lol.

I'm sorry to hear that you got dengue, Hep A and malaria.

Would you say dengue was much worse than Hep A and malaria as well? I heard malaria sucks because there is no vaccine, so you have to take pills for it to go away.

About how long to the symptoms of these terrible infections start to go away after you take some medicine/receive an injection?

but here's a little

Well, I usually get both unprotected and protected oral from different sex partners, but if I meet with a sex worker...I definitely use protection every time. I used to receive oral from sex workers unprotected and I would get an std almost every time. There are some super thin condoms here in Japan that actually grant some feeling, unlike most condoms that just feel like they numbed you down there lol.

I'm sorry to hear that you got dengue, Hep A and malaria.

Would you say dengue was much worse than Hep A and malaria as well? I heard malaria sucks because there is no vaccine, so you have to take pills for it to go away.

About how long to the symptoms of these terrible infections start to go away after you take some medicine/receive an injection?

Malaria is much worse than dengue most of the time. And there is no way to cure malaria - you just have to ride it out. Same for dengue.

Malaria is much worse than dengue most of the time. And there is no way to cure malaria - you just have to ride it out. Same for dengue.

Sorry, but very incorrect.

Malaria can and must be treated, and the earlier the better. Falciparum form in particular is often fatal if not treated.

Treatment is readily available.

However there is very little malaria transmission nowadays in Cambodia, in fact the country is on a path towards malaria eradication. Transmission is limited to heavily forested jungle along the border. As a foreign resident there is almost not chance you will get it.

There is no excuse for getting Hep A given that an effective vaccine is available.

Odds are good however that you'll get Dengue sooner or later, as explained the severity varies greatly.

Sorry, but very incorrect.

Malaria can and must be treated, and the earlier the better. Falciparum form in particular is often fatal if not treated.

Treatment is readily available.

However there is very little malaria transmission nowadays in Cambodia, in fact the country is on a path towards malaria eradication. Transmission is limited to heavily forested jungle along the border. As a foreign resident there is almost not chance you will get it.

There is no excuse for getting Hep A given that an effective vaccine is available.

Odds are good however that you'll get Dengue sooner or later, as explained the severity varies greatly.

This is what I was thinking as well. I have always read that dengue fever is almost always more dangerous and has more painful symptoms. I have also read that malaria has almost been eradicated and is mainly found in the border areas.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure malaria feels like shit and I'm not judging any personal experiences.

I will definitely be getting a Hep A vaccination and maybe even a rabies vaccination...although I'd rather not volunteer to put rabies into myself. It just seems creepy. A rabies vaccine isn't really a must if I will spend most of my time in Phnom Penh or Siem Reap? How about these issues coming out of Sihanoukville?

Not what you want to hear, but I think you should consider going back to your home country and taking some time and get sorted out before you jump into an unknown situation with what appears to be very limited resources.

By the sounds of it mate you need to find a big ball of cotton wool and climb inside. There you can hide and be safe. How old are you? Have you done any research how a shadow follows you? So do not be alarmed when something dark is following you, its not the bogeyman. Go there and see how it pans out. Love it or leave. You can tell after a couple of weeks how it is going to be. Be adventurous and do not be so paranoid. The people and diseases are not just sitting there waiting for you.

Archived