American man, 27, killed following fall from Udon Thani condo

webfact

American man, 27, killed following fall from Udon Thani condo
Thaivisa Reporters

usu.jpg
Image: Khaosod.co.th

UDON THANI:-- A 27 year old American man has been found dead after falling from a condo in Udon Thani on Monday morning, reports Thaivisa News.

Officers searched the man’s room on the 5th floor where they found empty bottles of Hong Thong whisky strewn across the floor.

Police believe the man, identified as Neftali Perez, committed suicide or fell from the balcony of his condo while he was drunk. However, they are also investigating the possibility he was murdered.

Pol Col. Poomwit Wetkama told reporters that they want to speak to the man’s Thai girlfriend

Police said the man moved into the apartment at Udon Mansion on March 10 and that he was seen regularly buying alcohol from a shop next door.

A witness found the body of the man in the car park of the condo.

Police added that the victim had the name ‘Romaneeya’ tattooed in English across his chest, which they suspect could be the name of his Thai girlfriend.

Officials from the US embassy have been informed.

The man’s body has been sent to Udon Thani hospital for post mortem to establish an official cause of death.

Police are continuing to investigate the incident.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-21

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name of GF? no, suspect he is gitano or Romani by his name.

There are indeed Thai women on FB with this "name", could be another freestyle transcription of some Thai name.

And "Neftali Perez" seems to be a Latino name and a couple of other US citizens with this name (seems like).

How many more old and young foreigners are out there to pack a suitcase and buy a ticket to Thailand just to commit suicide?

Seriously believe this one is a suicide?

Not before the GF has a real good alibi.

I am in my condo now looking aat my balcony. I couldn't fall off if I tried. The balcony wall is to high. I would have to jump on the balcony wall if I wanted to jump. Hard to believe any of these guys are just falling off. How many does this make now. Has to be suicide or foul play.

I think around 50% of the victims falling down are victims of the low balcony balustrade, specially when they are drunken.

so if you are falling down drunk and you go leaning over your Thai balcony, which is well known to be dangerous behaviour , is this technically a suicide?

and if you have a greedy Thai GF, is this technically an assisted suicide?

Yea know it seems rather strange that almost everyday some foreigner takes a dive from a condo here in Thailand. And the police say that they are for the most part suicides. I find that rather hard to believe. No way can that be.

Been here long?

Supposedly people who commit suicide don't usually scream while plummeting, while those falling off accidentally or being pushed do.Maybe someone heard him scream something like f...ing bi..h,in which case his beloved isanite might deserve a closer look.

A drunk FARANG either commits suicide or falls off a balcony, but here we go again blaming the THAI. So far we have heard,

1) he was thrown off

2)) his girlfriend did it

3) the Thais built the balcony too low

4) the girlfriend asked him for money

5) it's the Thai governments fault.

And we have only got started.

What next? His girlfriend couldn't get a job due to the secret high unemployment levels, he couldn't buy a pork sausage or was it because he was depressed because all the other tourists had left Thailand because they heard it wasn't safe? Or did someone tell him about the final nail in the tourist coffin?

I would love to see some statistics on the number of suicides by jumping off balconies there are each year by farangs in LOS. Given the relatively small popualtion of farangs on a person/year basis then per capita Pattaya must be the suicide capital of the world. There is one there pretty much every day, and how many go unreported?

Archived