American man, 27, killed following fall from Udon Thani condo

webfact

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think around 50% of the victims falling down are victims of the low balcony balustrade, specially when they are drunken.

so if you are falling down drunk and you go leaning over your Thai balcony, which is well known to be dangerous behaviour , is this technically a suicide?

and if you have a greedy Thai GF, is this technically an assisted suicide?

Can't understand why all alcohol drink labels don't give off a health warning as other slogan drinks do - like: Gives u Wings and may lead to u flying off balconies !!!

Is the Thailand expat flying club something disproportionately unique to farangs, or do equal numbers of Thais launch themselves off buildings and the news is simply not picked up by Thai Visa?

Another Quality Tourist in Thailand! RIP! Hong Thong?

says the guy who drinks Chang beer with ice cubes. Don't be such a c... Tom

Strange how some people like to tell others what to drink. It's a very patronising trait which lots of people have. My response is "As soon as you start paying for my drinks you can tell me how to drink them".

I would love to see some statistics on the number of suicides by jumping off balconies there are each year by farangs in LOS. Given the relatively small popualtion of farangs on a person/year basis then per capita Pattaya must be the suicide capital of the world. There is one there pretty much every day, and how many go unreported?

Every day?

The rather tacky Farang Deaths website which thrives on such reported deaths, records just three Pattaya balcony deaths for 2016, collated from English and Thai media sources

Perhaps you read the same story over and over again?

'and how many go unreported?' well that's a good one...

I would love to see some statistics on the number of suicides by jumping off balconies there are each year by farangs in LOS. Given the relatively small popualtion of farangs on a person/year basis then per capita Pattaya must be the suicide capital of the world. There is one there pretty much every day, and how many go unreported?

Every day?

The rather tacky Farang Deaths website which thrives on such reported deaths, records just three Pattaya balcony deaths for 2016, collated from English and Thai media sources

Perhaps you read the same story over and over again?

'and how many go unreported?' well that's a good one...

This young man was the second apparent suicide leap reported on Thai visa today.

They may not be EVERY day but I'm never surprised to see such a headline. They are very often.

Name of GF? no, suspect he is gitano or Romani by his name.

There are indeed Thai women on FB with this "name", could be another freestyle transcription of some Thai name.

And "Neftali Perez" seems to be a Latino name and a couple of other US citizens with this name (seems like).

Neftali Perez may be a Turkish or Lebanese name.....

I think around 50% of the victims falling down are victims of the low balcony balustrade, specially when they are drunken.

so if you are falling down drunk and you go leaning over your Thai balcony, which is well known to be dangerous behaviour , is this technically a suicide?

and if you have a greedy Thai GF, is this technically an assisted suicide?

I would say, in case A.... Death by misadventure.

In case B.... Manslaughter.

In this case.... Suicide.

investigating the possibility he was murdered.

Well this is refreshing news...most of the time it is deemed suicide before the body is has grown cold...

Well, once "no sign of a struggle" has been found, they've got an open and shut case.

very strange.....Typical US name, isn't it? And then the tattoo with the name of an India Singer.......But anyway killed by cheap stuff... Poor guy, short life....RIP

Another day... Another RIP

As to the mysterious name... Could be a lot of things, I suppose, but there does seems to be some connections to devotional Indian songwriting... Devotional to shiva.... Which has a strong following in the US

The mans first name, could also be Indian... Though Perez wouldn't be... So... Name changed by deed poll, after becoming addicted to devotional music?

Moving on to read about the next one.

I am in my condo now looking aat my balcony. I couldn't fall off if I tried. The balcony wall is to high. I would have to jump on the balcony wall if I wanted to jump. Hard to believe any of these guys are just falling off. How many does this make now. Has to be suicide or foul play.

You live in the same building as this guy? Did you know him?

Funnily enough I was in the local Govt hospital here in Phuket the other day visiting a friend. Anyway in the same ward there was a young German, about 27, and an older American guy. Both these fellows had fallen off balconies here on the island. Neither was pushed or jumped - certainly changed the way I look at these instances.

committed suicide or fell from the balcony of his condo while he was drunk. However, they are also investigating the possibility he was murdered.

555 they've covered their arse5 well with that statement clap2.gif

...it's only a reporter reporting..i don't see any official RTP spokesperson in any of these cases do you?

what police force in the world would ever speak to the Press at the scene or express an opinion..i ask you...wait and see what their investigation uncovers..yes!

I agree,The balustrade on my apartment only comes up to the top of my waste and the balcony itself is very narrow. I prefer to take in the view from inside the appartment but if I was younger and with a few beers on board I could easily see myself falling overboard.

I do not believe that a 27 year old would 'jump' from a balcony! 27 years olds are resilient to failed relationships.They bounce back ( no pun intended)They know that it wont be long before they find another girl friend.Young men are few and far between here and they are very much in demand by the girls here.All he had to do was walk into any bar and sit with a young lady regaling her with his story of having a broken heart and she would be all over him in minutes.I know it worked for me,many times,even when it wasn't true.Thai girls love a failed love story and fall for it 99% of the time.

Nah! this guy didn't jump,i would bet my bottle of Hong Thong on it.

Archived