American man, 27, killed following fall from Udon Thani condo

webfact

If it was suicide,

Just wonder was he a member of Thai Visa and had read other similar news stories, probable, may even be someone reading this story thinking of doing the same.

I would say to them,

talk to someone it'll half your problems, see a doctor, think of the destruction you will leave behind, today may be the worst day of your life and tomorrow may be your best.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

committed suicide or fell from the balcony of his condo while he was drunk. However, they are also investigating the possibility he was murdered.

555 they've covered their arse5 well with that statement clap2.gif

did they mention he could have been bitten by a snake.

I do not believe that a 27 year old would 'jump' from a balcony! 27 years olds are resilient to failed relationships.They bounce back ( no pun intended)They know that it wont be long before they find another girl friend.Young men are few and far between here and they are very much in demand by the girls here.All he had to do was walk into any bar and sit with a young lady regaling her with his story of having a broken heart and she would be all over him in minutes.I know it worked for me,many times,even when it wasn't true.Thai girls love a failed love story and fall for it 99% of the time.

Nah! this guy didn't jump,i would bet my bottle of Hong Thong on it.

Resilience fades quickly once strong liquor is involved, imho

As he is not the first young one to die this way here in Die-land, and certainly not the last either, watch this space

Name of GF? no, suspect he is gitano or Romani by his name.

Good to hear the RTP getting right down to this one---------- He had an accident and fell-----he committed suicide ------ he was murderd-------- They will soon have this one wrapped upcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Funnily enough I was in the local Govt hospital here in Phuket the other day visiting a friend. Anyway in the same ward there was a young German, about 27, and an older American guy. Both these fellows had fallen off balconies here on the island. Neither was pushed or jumped - certainly changed the way I look at these instances.

You saw 2 men in that ward? Both fallen from their balconies? Hey, you got too much Hong Thong that day??cheesy.gif

Other experience: I'm 1,69 meters. In my kitchen all working places are 5 cm to low. Thai standard for 1,60 people.

The center of gravity in the human body is around the belly button. Western standard for balustrades is 5 cm higher.

It depends on the average size of the country. Scandinavian or Spanish (etc)?

Police believe the man, identified as Neftali Perez, committed suicide or fell from the balcony of his condo while he was drunk. However, they are also investigating the possibility he was murdered.

Pol Col. Poomwit Wetkama told reporters that they want to speak to the man’s Thai girlfriend.

And she'll have an alibi staying with her Thai husband all the time........not wanting to come up with any assumptions, but why would such a young guy commit suicide?

Please Google Udon Thani and Farang deaths. Pretty much scary.

Five stories would make me worry I survived, and would be kept alive, with a broken back and limbs. Sorry for the guy, but if his intention was suicide..he sure took the risk of survival, as a previous poster said.

Not many skyscrapers in Udon...however.

RIP young man. I hope this case is followed up on.

I think around 50% of the victims falling down are victims of the low balcony balustrade, specially when they are drunken.

Indeed. Last week I was standing on my balcony. Something above got my attention, so I looked up for a couple of minutes. When I looked back down, I was immediately disoriented. I stumbled slightly. If I was on a very small balcony, with a very low railing, I could easily have fallen off.

And I was absolutely sober!!!!

Police believe the man, identified as Neftali Perez, committed suicide or fell from the balcony of his condo while he was drunk. However, they are also investigating the possibility he was murdered.

Pol Col. Poomwit Wetkama told reporters that they want to speak to the man’s Thai girlfriend.

And she'll have an alibi staying with her Thai husband all the time........not wanting to come up with any assumptions, but why would such a young guy commit suicide?

Suicides are carried out by all ages, including school children.

You don't like to make assumptions? How about your comment on the girlfriend and her Thai husband?

My missus ran in yesterday to show me the picture. (I hate looking at a death face). She thought, and I thought for a few minutes it was a friend of mine who suffers from PTSD and often jokes if things don't work out he'll take the dive. Finally realised it wasn't him but shook me up. Some of these girls are totally mercenary....doesn't matter if you're an oldie or a young bloke. A broken heart is a broken heart. Probably ran him through the ringer for so long and after she realised the money had dried up and she was at the end of the road she told him the awful truth. Happened to my friend in Australia when he'd left the army, young bloke 21. Her family sapped him for $150k AUS, when $150k was serious money 20 years ago. He woke up, stopped playing the game with the family. They told her to wrap it up and come back to Thailand with the child. He had to pursue her all over Thailand. Actually lived in dumpsters in Bkk for a few weeks. Parents put a contract on him as the girl had in the meantime met a new Swedish guy who was coughing up and they wanted my friend off the scene. He finally got his daughter back with a big payoff to the family and then a series of merchant ships via Malaysia and Indonesia to get his daughter back to Australia. How many other guys come here and sink 80% of their retirement into a home (Mrs name). As soon as the wife has sucked everything she can the man is told he's not required anymore. Must be an awful realisation. What other choice would you have but go and party your guts out for a few months until the rest of your cash runs out then get full as a boot and away you go. He jumped for sure

I do not believe that a 27 year old would 'jump' from a balcony! 27 years olds are resilient to failed relationships.They bounce back ( no pun intended)They know that it wont be long before they find another girl friend.Young men are few and far between here and they are very much in demand by the girls here.All he had to do was walk into any bar and sit with a young lady regaling her with his story of having a broken heart and she would be all over him in minutes.I know it worked for me,many times,even when it wasn't true.Thai girls love a failed love story and fall for it 99% of the time.

Nah! this guy didn't jump,i would bet my bottle of Hong Thong on it.

Have you ever heard of mental illness disorders, such as bi-polar, schizophrenia or depression? Unfortunately they do not respect age, and you are just as likely to be afflicted at 27 as 67, possibly more so, as not all young people have learned to a/cope better with their disorder, or b/ seek help from mental health services. In other words, age is a poor indicator of propensity to take one's own life.

Name of GF? no, suspect he is gitano or Romani by his name.

There are indeed Thai women on FB with this "name", could be another freestyle transcription of some Thai name.

And "Neftali Perez" seems to be a Latino name and a couple of other US citizens with this name (seems like).

Could also be black magic involved do not under estimate the power of magic especially if Thais are involved in digging up corpses even monks I am told who will tell you the winning numbers for the lottery, learning to fly from a balcony is a favorite farang pastime . Amazing Thailand.

I would love to know the number of total deaths of all farangs in Thailand who die whilst taking flying lessons.

Seems TAT who every year say they want to attract high quality tourist are only searching foe wannabe pilots,

Anyone who has a license will know what a wannabe is, and hopefully the rest of you.

Wow, your psycho psychic, whats the next lottery winning numbers? Thailand is a magnet for crazies and drunks. Its amazing more don't die daily.

The international standard height for handrails is ~1m, I worked offshore for 40 years and never heard of one person (on a offshore MODU or installation) falling over-board!

Off Shore , in udon ,

live and learn , OMG , BYE

Wow, your psycho psychic, whats the next lottery winning numbers? Thailand is a magnet for crazies and drunks. Its amazing more don't die daily.

So , what is your reason , for being in Thailand ?.

Archived