BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

Heavily pregnant young waitress stabbed to death in downtown Udon

What an absolutely terrible tragedy, a tragedy, like so many others, that could in fact have been avoided.

I feel so, so sorry for the young lady and her unborn child.

Living in Thailand for quite some time now, it seems apparent to me that some sort of re-education program should be instigated into the education system to better equip individuals to deal with their emotional stress.

To simply say; don’t show emotion, keep smiling and don’t lose face, just doesn’t seem to make the grade any longer.

Analogy: Take a can of soda and shake it violently, then keep shaking it, day after day, month after month, year after year. Well we all know what happens when someone unsuspectingly pulls the ring; it simply blows up in their face!

Thailand being my home for almost 20 years now, I would say; please Prime minister Chan-o-cha, make all immediate efforts to better equip your citizens with the life skills they so desperately need to make it in today’s chaotic social environment. Dealing with emotional stress, as well as efficient money management, would be a very fine place to start…

I don't suppose anyone is fond of rejection,but the Thai guys seem to take it to the extreme.If it happened to me,I'd just move on,as upsetting as it may be.Here it is about their pride or loss of face.So the upshot is because he's lost his face,2 have lost their lives.

Crazy mentality and a dispicable act.Hope he's apprehended swiftly.

RIP to the poor lady and her unborn child.

LoS or what? There seems to be much simmering anger beneath the surface here and all too often we see the results of it's being released. Not really any different from anywhere else.

Speechless yet again........a double murder ........poor woman........

The attacker needs to be taken out!

I feel exactly the same way when one try's to visualise the psychotic monster ending this poor woman's life and her baby. This sad bastard needs strung up in a public square to show what happens to other people thinking of carrying out barbaric attacks.

This guy is one sick dude!!!

Just too too sad for the woman and especially for her unborn baby...who knows what talents and potential will now never be realised

I'll go on saying it. Violence in Thai life is rife. It is an interesting Q whether life is better or worse anywhere else!

Yes, but I don't know that life here is any more violent than in the US which is my home country. Men kill women seemingly constantly in America and it also seems common these days for men down on their luck to kill the whole family (easy to do thanks to the availability of guns). Either way, this was a terrible tragedy and I hope the scum bag who killed this poor girl is caught quickly and brought to justice.

LoS or what? There seems to be much simmering anger beneath the surface here and all too often we see the results of it's being released. Not really any different from anywhere else.

I have no idea where you come from but where I come from we dont see such murders as a regular feature

Rejection by a lover is seen as loss of face and hence the guy looks weak by his so called peers.

Until Asians understand that it is OK to lose sometimes, they will not move forward.

And of course they need to grow up, Asian men are generally very immature until they get much older.

When they find the guy stand him in a bucket of petrol and I will gladly put a match to it.

R.I.P. to the two young innocents.

It happens everywhere not just Thailand.

At least that's what I'm waiting to read.

Unfortunately the people who continually write these types of responses live in Thailand,read Thai visa and its news as well as other sources,so it's irrelevant really what goes on in Brixton when you live in places like Udon Thani.

Do you think people in the Bronx or other inner cities care about slayings in Thailand I don't for one minute.

The reality is if you live here the place is steadily getting worse,at least it is in my eyes when I keep reading these horrific stories.

What say the naysayers

Well it does...........................

It happens everywhere not just Thailand.

At least that's what I'm waiting to read.

Unfortunately the people who continually write these types of responses live in Thailand,read Thai visa and its news as well as other sources,so it's irrelevant really what goes on in Brixton when you live in places like Udon Thani.

Do you think people in the Bronx or other inner cities care about slayings in Thailand I don't for one minute.

The reality is if you live here the place is steadily getting worse,at least it is in my eyes when I keep reading these horrific stories.

What say the naysayers.

Take a break from reading the news for awhile. Read something else . . .

Death penalty.

Oh yes that really works well in the USA....the number of murders have plummeted.........coffee1.gif

Oh wait a minute they have only gone down in the states that don't have the death penalty..... never mind maybe you can think up another knee jerk reaction idea

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/deterrence-states-without-death-penalty-have-had-consistently-lower-murder-rates

Very sad story....Aside from a phone call or sms....if I get dumped or dump a gf or wife I never seek them out or stalk them......when its over its over. Esp here in this country where women fall out of trees......