Myanmar president to include Aung San Suu Kyi in his Cabinet

webfact

Myanmar president to include Aung San Suu Kyi in his Cabinet

NAYPYITAW, Myanmar (AP) — Myanmar's new president has proposed appointing 18 ministers in his Cabinet, including his party leader Aung San Suu Kyi.

President-elect Htin Kyaw submitted the list to the parliament on Tuesday. The list only contains the names, and their ministries will be decided later.

Notable in the list is Suu Kyi, who was not able to become president because of a constitutional block, even though she led her party to a landslide win in general elections last November.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-03-22

She remains absolutely silent on the plight of the Rohingya's, so that post is not suitable for her!

Meh, liberals love to come to the defense of the Muslim Rohingyas, but obviously don't know they have a mujahideen and they would be sending young men to the middle east to do battle if they could. Islam already has a foothold in much of the world, don't see why it needs to get stronger in Myanmar.

Just let them preserve their cultural identity, if the Rohingya have to go then they have to go, that's the way it is, we don't live in Candyland.

She remains absolutely silent on the plight of the Rohingya's, so that post is not suitable for her!

Meh, liberals love to come to the defense of the Muslim Rohingyas, but obviously don't know they have a mujahideen and they would be sending young men to the middle east to do battle if they could. Islam already has a foothold in much of the world, don't see why it needs to get stronger in Myanmar.

Just let them preserve their cultural identity, if the Rohingya have to go then they have to go, that's the way it is, we don't live in Candyland.

I'm not a liberal and I'm not defending anyone.

All I'm saying is she should speak out on the situation, one way or another that's what politician's supposed to do, not remain totally silent.

Archived