Russian tourist attacked in Walking Street for refusing to go to sex show

webfact

Russian tourist attacked in Walking Street for refusing to go to sex show
Thaivisa Reporters

ws.jpg

PATTAYA:-- Russian tourist was attacked by touts in Walking Street after refusing to buy sex drugs and go to a sex show early this morning, reports Thaivisa News.

He said he merely refused politely in his native language but was set up upon by an angry mob.

Elgar Gorokov, 45, was left bloodied with a nasty wound over his right eye as tourist police arrived at the scene in front of the McDonalds in the popular South Pattaya walking area.

Mr Gorokov refused to have his picture taken by reporters for fear that his attackers would take further retribution later.

Tourist police led by Piyapong Ensarn found the Russian nursing a "serious" cut following the unprovoked attack. He was treated by medical personnel at the scene but refused to go to hospital. He was then taken to Pattaya police station where he elaborated on what happened.

Speaking through an interpreter Mr Gorokov said: "I was walking with three of my friends when a Thai guy came up offering sex drugs and showing a brochure for a sex show. I didn't understand his English and I didn't want to be conned so I said no thanks in Russian and walked away.

"Maybe he thought I was being rude or having a go at him. The next moment I was attacked by a pack of men."

Police said that as the tourist left for his hotel he said he was worried that further trouble might be inflicted on him if the assailants knew where he was staying.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-23

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean on Walking Street, the premier tourist location in Pattaya, packed with thousands of Chinese every night, crammed with City Officials sitting at tables, tourist Police Volunteers, Tourist Police, regular police, that people are breaking the law down there, right in front of all these jokers' noses?

Touts with sex show signs? people offering drugs? - I bet next thing they'll be alleging is Russian Mafia bar owners pulling work permit scams for whores and dancers to work and tout on the street in full view of the same worthies.

Why don't they film the sexdrug vendors who beat him up? He clearly stated he didn't want to be filmed and look now he's all over the interwebs.

I guess pattaya is only safe when travelling in a big group and travelling by bus?

You mean on Walking Street, the premier tourist location in Pattaya, packed with thousands of Chinese every night, crammed with City Officials sitting at tables, tourist Police Volunteers, Tourist Police, regular police, that people are breaking the law down there, right in front of all these jokers' noses?

Touts with sex show signs? people offering drugs? - I bet next thing they'll be alleging is Russian Mafia bar owners pulling work permit scams for whores and dancers to work and tout on the street in full view of the same worthies.

+ 1

The gravy Train will never get derailed. wai2.gif

Just a thought but I wonder if the Minister of Tourism gets a daily brief on incidents involving tourists or is she one of those ' don't dare bring me bad news ' type of bosses ?

She is too busy counting the tourist arrivals at the airport just to give us more B/S numbers.

Russian Tourist Beaten Bloody on Pattaya Walking Street
By Teeranai Charuvastra
Staff Reporter

14587053301458705424l.jpg
Tourists, vendors and sex workers mill about on Pattaya’s renowned Walking Street in a 2008 photo. Photo: Roman Lashkin

PATTAYA — Police say they are looking for a vendor who assaulted a Russian tourist on Pattaya’s Walking Street last night.

Details of the altercation remain unclear, but Col. Sukthat Pumpanmuang of Pattaya City Police Station said he believes it was a hawker in the red light district who punched the 45-year-old tourist because he refused to buy something.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1458705330

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-03-23

The guy in the yellow suit sitting next to him looks smug , i bet it was him what done it , he is a creepy charactor ,ive seen him around Pattaya lots of times .

Your right, he looks like part of the dangerous Mc-D gang

that were in Jomtien a few months back. wai2.gif

post-188880-0-35622200-1458706843_thumb.

The more I read about incidences in Pattaya the more it remains one of the last places I will ever visit in Thailand..... but then I am not drawn to these less salubrious areas in Thailand or any other country.

The more I read about incidences in Pattaya the more it remains one of the last places I will ever visit in Thailand..... but then I am not drawn to these less salubrious areas in Thailand or any other country.

I should hope not, you're a ThaiVisa member !!

At least Ronald has a genuine smile on his face. I'm dumbfounded as to why people still flock to this place, it looks like hell to me.

Sex is great in pattaya, more choice than any other place.

Yes maybe your right.

cant see what the attraction is !cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Now wait for the posts saying it was the victim's fault.

Just wait, balo and roomuck will chime in on this thread.

Yes I will

The Russian probably asked for it.

Sunday March 13, strolling down Soi Yamato around 8 PM. Practically no foot traffic. Went for a night cap into a bar as the only customer. After ordering, I realized to my surprise, it was a Lady-Boy bar. No problem, I have nothing against them.

Next day I wake up with no memory in my hotel room with a splitting headache and massive neck pain and 5000 Bht missing.

Hotel Receptionist: "2 man bring you back, because you can not walk".

Examination at BKK/Pattaya Hospital: " you were hit by a round blunt object on the left side of your neck, if the blow would have been dead center of your neck, you would not be sitting here now" !

Recapping the incident with Hotel-Receptionist: " Soi Yamato have 2 lady boy bar. Not so good, but I can not speak, you understand?" Yeah, I understand.

Recommendation: Avoid those 2 lady boy bars on Soi Yamato. Especially when there is no foot traffic and you are the only customer.

Cheers.

Well bully for you.

But likes to enjoy a sneaky peek at the Pattaya Forum. Naughty, naughty.

Archived