Russian tourist attacked in Walking Street for refusing to go to sex show

webfact

LMAO! He said no politely and got beat. Russians are blind drunk before 9 pm. Again, it happened early in the morning.. Always the same beat down times

I've yet to read one that said 8pm. Oh those Russians

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday March 13, strolling down Soi Yamato around 8 PM. Practically no foot traffic. Went for a night cap into a bar as the only customer. After ordering, I realized to my surprise, it was a Lady-Boy bar. No problem, I have nothing against them.

Next day I wake up with no memory in my hotel room with a splitting headache and massive neck pain and 5000 Bht missing.

Hotel Receptionist: "2 man bring you back, because you can not walk".

Examination at BKK/Pattaya Hospital: " you were hit by a round blunt object on the left side of your neck, if the blow would have been dead center of your neck, you would not be sitting here now" !

Recapping the incident with Hotel-Receptionist: " Soi Yamato have 2 lady boy bar. Not so good, but I can not speak, you understand?" Yeah, I understand.

Recommendation: Avoid those 2 lady boy bars on Soi Yamato. Especially when there is no foot traffic and you are the only customer.

Cheers.

Did they have a camera in the hotel to see who brought you home?

It seems to me that it is getting harder for the Thai apologists to muster up excuses for Thai behavior...

Let's cut to the chase...Thailand has become a questionable place for tourists to come and have a safe holiday...unmolested...

It has not always been this way...but the frequency and level of violence by some Thais against foreigners...should be troubling for all...

It is making me think twice now if we should continue living here. Just in today's Thai Visa email there are news about many such incidences. I feel if the police do not be more serious and increase the penalties for such crime soon many people may leave this beautiful place for security reason.

Sunday March 13, strolling down Soi Yamato around 8 PM. Practically no foot traffic. Went for a night cap into a bar as the only customer. After ordering, I realized to my surprise, it was a Lady-Boy bar. No problem, I have nothing against them.

Next day I wake up with no memory in my hotel room with a splitting headache and massive neck pain and 5000 Bht missing.

Examination at BKK/Pattaya Hospital: " you were hit by a round blunt object on the left side of your neck, if the blow would have been dead center of your neck, you would not be sitting here now" !

Recapping the incident with Hotel-Receptionist: " Soi Yamato have 2 lady boy bar. Not so good, but I can not speak, you understand?" Yeah, I understand.

Recommendation: Avoid those 2 lady boy bars on Soi Yamato. Especially when there is no foot traffic and you are the only customer.

Cheers.

How did they know where you lived?

At least Ronald has a genuine smile on his face. I'm dumbfounded as to why people still flock to this place, it looks like hell to me.

Sex is great in pattaya, more choice than any other place.

Yes maybe your right.

cant see what the attraction is !cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Sex continues to be popular, mainly because it's conveniently centrally located.

You mean on Walking Street, the premier tourist location in Pattaya, packed with thousands of Chinese every night, crammed with City Officials sitting at tables, tourist Police Volunteers, Tourist Police, regular police, that people are breaking the law down there, right in front of all these jokers' noses?

Touts with sex show signs? people offering drugs? - I bet next thing they'll be alleging is Russian Mafia bar owners pulling work permit scams for whores and dancers to work and tout on the street in full view of the same worthies.

When I go out to Walking Street, I park my truck in the Bayshore Hotel parking lot at the very end of the walking street near Bali Hai pier.

Before I reach my favourite destination, the Sensations a-go-go which is the middle, I have been offered many types of drugs sometimes less than 100 m away from a table with several police, as you mentioned.

Tells you who is really running the drug trade, doesn't it ?

The more I read about incidences in Pattaya the more it remains one of the last places I will ever visit in Thailand..... but then I am not drawn to these less salubrious areas in Thailand or any other country.

we will miss you. please reconsider unsure.png

The guy in the yellow suit sitting next to him looks wai2.gif , i bet it was him what done it , he is a creepy charactor ,ive seen him around Pattaya lots of times .

Yes i've seen him around the world also(multi-national corporation gang).....But thais like his kind.....sell to the highest bidder and think of

the now.......lucky...lucky ...lucky....buddism lucky......if i do for he budda make lucky for me...lol......1zgarz5.gif

It seems to me that it is getting harder for the Thai apologists to muster up excuses for Thai behavior...

Let's cut to the chase...Thailand has become a questionable place for tourists to come and have a safe holiday...unmolested...

It has not always been this way...but the frequency and level of violence by some Thais against foreigners...should be troubling for all...

Agreed...........there is disdain for foreigners now!!!

Last time I walked down walking street with my girlfriend and another couple I must have had 10 dirt bags ask me to go to see sex show. First of all it is not legal and second of all I was with a lovely Thai girl not a tramp. Why do Thai police let this happen ? Or better yet why do Thai police even come to walking street ? They are part of the problem, not the solution !

The more I read about incidences in Pattaya the more it remains one of the last places I will ever visit in Thailand..... but then I am not drawn to these less salubrious areas in Thailand or any other country.

Why, then, are you reading the Pattaya News Forum?

And wasn't there a member in another topic going on about how Pattaya is the best city on earth.

Where are you now defending this great city?

Correct, that was "roomuck", and not just the best city, but the best everthing.

Another bitter soul who's missus won't let him sample the delights of Pattaya. Never mind old son I love the place so I'll have your share.

By the way, I've been to Walking St countless times and never been threatened. Just smile and say "No thank you" or the Russian equivalent.

Why aren't the 'entertainment' areas covered by cameras and monitored and all exits and entrances manned by police. The problems would soon stop if these people were being caught and prosecuted. Its a simple equation of risk versus reward which equates to little risk of being caught and large pickings = crime.

The guy in the yellow suit sitting next to him looks smug , i bet it was him what done it , he is a creepy charactor ,ive seen him around Pattaya lots of times .

I actually walked out of McDonalds once & saw one of these buggers out the corner of my eye & almost jumped thru my skin!

It is making me think twice now if we should continue living here. Just in today's Thai Visa email there are news about many such incidences. I feel if the police do not be more serious and increase the penalties for such crime soon many people may leave this beautiful place for security reason.

Social security reasons? whistling.gif

Why aren't the 'entertainment' areas covered by cameras and monitored and all exits and entrances manned by police. The problems would soon stop if these people were being caught and prosecuted. Its a simple equation of risk versus reward which equates to little risk of being caught and large pickings = crime.

I agree with the cameras, But im sure most have this in some form.

if not, it would not be to hard to point a camera into the street.

But not a good idea to have the police on the door, that will create

a hole more bunch of problems, itself.

The police could do much more than sit shinning a chair at the entrance to walking street. Jokers, especially our own doing this. bah.gif

You mean on Walking Street, the premier tourist location in Pattaya, packed with thousands of Chinese every night, crammed with City Officials sitting at tables, tourist Police Volunteers, Tourist Police, regular police, that people are breaking the law down there, right in front of all these jokers' noses?

Touts with sex show signs? people offering drugs? - I bet next thing they'll be alleging is Russian Mafia bar owners pulling work permit scams for whores and dancers to work and tout on the street in full view of the same worthies.

Time to get out the huge bulldozer, start at The Dusit corner and push all the garbage southwards and into the sea at Bali Hai.

Aggressive touts and ladyboys assaulting whoever they damned well feel like assaulting. Punks robbing from motorcycles or at knife-point. A new tourist will not know how to handle these types who get in your face and often paw at you.

It does seem to be imploding in the heat!

And wasn't there a member in another topic going on about how Pattaya is the best city on earth.

Where are you now defending this great city?

Correct, that was "roomuck", and not just the best city, but the best everthing.

I think a 'fools paradise' is how i would describe pattaya......welcomeani.gif

Cheers.

How did they know where you lived?

Had the card of my Hotel in my wallet. 2 Cameras mounted in reception area. Both fake, only meant as a "deterrent".

Cheers.

Archived