High-speed Mercedes crash ignites uproar in Thailand

webfact

If it was my children murdered by this moron, I'd have zero faith in "the law" here and would take matters into my own hands and see he got the punishment he deserves. I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often here.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bout time a privately funded hit squad was arranged ......perhaps a gofundme site is needed

There was a movie years ago about 3 or 4 retired judges that reviewed cases of criminals that were obviously guilty but got off on technicalities. They then decided on a suitable punishment and hired someone to do it. I think Thailand needs something like this as the people responsible for enforcing the law and delivering justice are letting the Thai people down miserably. Can't remember the name of the movie.

The Star Chamber

Good to see the Washington Post giving this story good prominence..

The Japanese Ambassador has been criticisng the Thai education system which is where much of the problem starts, cheat in the exams and cheat in later life.

However that Japanese Ambassador will be invited in for attitude adjustment which won't be as much fun as killing people in a Mercedes or killing people in a Ferrari or killing people on Koh Tao or killing people full stop.

Good to see the Washington Post giving this story good prominence..

The Japanese Ambassador has been criticisng the Thai education system which is where much of the problem starts, cheat in the exams and cheat in later life.

However that Japanese Ambassador will be invited in for attitude adjustment which won't be as much fun as killing people in a Mercedes or killing people in a Ferrari or killing people on Koh Tao or killing people full stop.

Without the Japanese investments Thailand would be set back to a ricegrowing nation, without water that is.

So i don't think they dare to give him some attitude adjustment, the Japanese are the smartest Asians of all.

It won't change because the people with the power and influence have worked hard to create and maintain this two tier system.

I like to think that one day these people with the power and influence will discover that the foundations on which they have created this two tier system are made of sand.

I would like to be around to see the look on their faces when it all collapses around them.

I know many will say that will never happen, but I am an optimist. Change is being introduced by two factors - greater awareness about these inequalities and the ability to air views about them (social media) and the lingering taste of the now removed democratic experience,(selecting their preferred government, however flawed); which try as they may will not go away. The pressure for that change can only increase.

Sorry JAG,

I totally disagree with making this political. Just look at Charlem and his killer son. Whoever is in power will abuse it here no matter what color. To make this about the junta and elections is just a way to show your bias and its stupid.

I have my doubts that anyone in power will ever change this, because they benefit from it. When there are new people in power they will keep it because they want to have the same benefits from having power.

Clown wants people to have faith in the police !!where is his straight jacket!! ???

Anyone who has faith in the police is mentally deranged.

It makes my blood boil when i read things like this, money talks everytime no such thing as the law.

Only thing police care about is how can we get more money.

When i had my accident police told my wife, your husband was drunk BULLS..T

I was on my way for a drink when accident happened.

Pickup driver who was to blame for the accident high ranking local government official, so farang is wrong.

If as they say i was drunk why no breath test? why no blood test? why was i not charged?

Why because it was police bulls..t.

Must be really hot in your house with all that boiling blood....biggrin.png

It's not just the "Farang" who are wrong. A great example which happened about nine years ago. Neighbor's son a teacher drove hammered through the city, then collided with a guy on a motorbike who's also drunk.

Both vehicles were brought to the coppers until a decision was found. The teacher's mom, also a teacher had an idea, considering that her daddy had been a high shot at the coppers many years ago. So, let's say she's familiar with trouble shooting and went to the officers who were at the accident.

60 K changed the owner and the report was completely changed. It finally made her son to an innocent victim of a drunk and reckless driver, the poor guy on the motorcycle.

Son could bring his damaged car to a garage where they fixed all and resprayed it. Great police work in Lieland. facepalm.gif

Thai police? Shame? Don't hold your breath.

Last year didn't a senior police officer freak out when he was stopped at a checkpoint and berate the officers concerned then issue instructions that all the BIB should familiarise themselves with the photos of their bosses and registration numbers of their vehicles ?

Yes! and then we are expected to believe justice will be served. angry.pngangry.pngangry.pngangry.pngcrazy.gif

The police will change. Too many times they have been caught with their pants down publicly, and it's an ugly view. Change is inevitable, without they won't survive. They will do it kicking and screaming all the way, but they will do it. It's just that they only now are starting to dimly understand the ramifications of all the new tech available to the public: social media - a near instant forum to share outrage over police conduct, smart phones and dash cams - inconspicuous tools to collect evidence of police malfeasance and neglect, cloud storage - a way to safe keep digital evidence from vanishing after police left the evidence room unlocked, internet - free education and knowledge for the people and a nightmare for the police.

So, yes, the police will change. They will slowly adapt to these threats to their way of life,,, and then, after they have adapted, it will be the same again....for they will never truly change their nature, they will only learn to better camouflage it. Be grateful that they are slow learners with thick skulls, and we can only hope that tech innovation is going at a faster pace than police evolution.

]I would like to see this video go viral world wide, to show tourist what they can expect in Thailand.[/font][/color]

Unless the tourist has parents of hi influence I doubt they can expect the same.

If how ever it is the tourist killed by an untouchable in Thailand the parents will merely be told just to go make another child.

Could this be a case where the brakes were ok but the throttle stuck, just a thought.

What and at the toll barrier before the collision?

The rumour is Allegedly the registration on this car 3333 was used on another car previously and carries a murky history according to local sources.

"The law is the law — whether you are rich or poor you have to pay for what you've done," national police spokesman Songpol Wattanachai said Monday, asking skeptics to have faith in the police. "Justice will be served. Just because he is rich doesn't mean he won't go to jail. I'm asking people not to think that way."

rolleyes.gif whistling.gif Righto then...............

Since the police avoided the opportunity to alcohol or drug test the man, they seem to have no evidence on which to prosecute him except the rather vague video. Case dismissed.

"The law is the law whether you are rich or poor you have to pay for what you've done," national police spokesman Songpol Wattanachai said Monday, asking skeptics to have faith in the police. "Justice will be served. Just because he is rich doesn't mean he won't go to jail. I'm asking people not to think that way."

police spokesman Songpol Wattanachai I think he can get himself ready for a transfer.

I would like to see this video go viral world wide, to show tourist what they can expect in Thailand.

RiP to the two that lost their lives because of some HiSo clown that thinks he is above the law.

Do you really believe this is about "tourists"?

Not everything in Thailand evolves around tourism...

Did they do the right thing in 2010 with the spoiled brat that killed 9 people and that is refusing to do her 48 hours per year community service ? Did they do the right thing when they let the Red bull brat get away ? Did they do the right thing when the Thai-British actress did exactly the same thing - drove into the back of a vehicle at high speed with a Merc, killing a person and then left the accident scene ? Will they do the right thing now ? Well depend on what you consider the right thing to be, may according to them the right thing is for the murder to pay B 5 million instead of the standard B 1 million. Maybe the right thing is for the murder to go to court, where a friendly judge that knows the family gives him a suspended sentence of 2 years and 24 hours community service per year. Just maybe one day something will snap inside the Thai people that will bring out the pitchforks and then no Merc, friendly police or judge will be able to save the elites that are a bunch of disgusting people that's lower than bird s...t.

It's good to see that the way the media is reporting about these kind of events has changed from a few years ago.

Let's hope that finally some action will be taken against these above the law individuals, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for it.

"The law is the law — whether you are rich or poor you have to pay for what you've done," national police spokesman Songpol Wattanachai said Monday, asking skeptics to have faith in the police. "Justice will be served. Just because he is rich doesn't mean he won't go to jail. I'm asking people not to think that way."

Yes! I will immediately proceed to not think that way......

They are NOW charging him with DUI? No breathalyzer or blood tests at the time of the accident, the case will easily be thrown out for lack of evidence. Wonder who among the RTP will take the fall for such lack of evidence.

He said "pay" didn't he....whistling.gif

"We keep asking ourselves, when are the police going to be ashamed enough to do the right thing?"

Sadly, probably never.

Agreed...someday Thais will acknowledge that most people display integrity only because they forced to act responsibly...this is Thailand...and the history/inculcation of stealing. lying, corruption, and bullying is more a part of their culture than anything that resembles honor...

Justice will be served. Just because he is rich doesn't mean he won't go to jail.

Let me speculate. He will pay each victim's family a large amount of money because he is rich. Then he will be given a jail sentence, but it will be commuted to community service out on bail as he pleaded guilty. Justice will be served, Thai style.

I just hope while he is out and about, an unfortunate accident befalls him - hopefully at high speed. That would be true justice. Or, if I'm in a forgiving mood - low speed...

Sent the little woman, ‘she’s only 4’11” bless her cotton socks, can hardly see over the dash’, to wash the Lot Gabah not 3 days ago, there were three vehicles in the cue and she was next.

Mercedes pulls in, and yes, you guessed it, straight to the front of the cue!

Little woman returned fair foaming at the mouth, and with good right too, I might add.

Now she wants a Mercedes.

Happy days!

It won't change because the people with the power and influence have worked hard to create and maintain this two tier system.

I like to think that one day these people with the power and influence will discover that the foundations on which they have created this two tier system are made of sand.

I would like to be around to see the look on their faces when it all collapses around them.

I know many will say that will never happen, but I am an optimist. Change is being introduced by two factors - greater awareness about these inequalities and the ability to air views about them (social media) and the lingering taste of the now removed democratic experience,(selecting their preferred government, however flawed); which try as they may will not go away. The pressure for that change can only increase.

Be careful what you wish for - I don't think an uprising of the poor and disenfranchised will stop at just eliminating the 'elite', the French, Russian and Cambodian revolutions are good reference points.

a comment from the father who's daughter was killed.

"the person that hurt thanthaphat should consider how he can provide assistance"

if that was me my assitance would be a 12bore double barrell.

My daughter is dead: Give me money for her

Archived