BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

High-speed Mercedes crash ignites uproar in Thailand

Did they do the right thing in 2010 with the spoiled brat that killed 9 people and that is refusing to do her 48 hours per year community service ? Did they do the right thing when they let the Red bull brat get away ? Did they do the right thing when the Thai-British actress did exactly the same thing - drove into the back of a vehicle at high speed with a Merc, killing a person and then left the accident scene ? Will they do the right thing now ? Well depend on what you consider the right thing to be, may according to them the right thing is for the murder to pay B 5 million instead of the standard B 1 million. Maybe the right thing is for the murder to go to court, where a friendly judge that knows the family gives him a suspended sentence of 2 years and 24 hours community service per year. Just maybe one day something will snap inside the Thai people that will bring out the pitchforks and then no Merc, friendly police or judge will be able to save the elites that are a bunch of disgusting people that's lower than bird s...t.

And so the story has finally made it's way into the international press. I have said it once, and I'll say it again..."No one damages Thailand's reputation and brings shame upon the nation like it's officials"

It's good to see that the way the media is reporting about these kind of events has changed from a few years ago.

Let's hope that finally some action will be taken against these above the law individuals, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for it.

"The law is the law — whether you are rich or poor you have to pay for what you've done," national police spokesman Songpol Wattanachai said Monday, asking skeptics to have faith in the police. "Justice will be served. Just because he is rich doesn't mean he won't go to jail. I'm asking people not to think that way."

rolleyes.gif whistling.gif Righto then...............

Yes! I will immediately proceed to not think that way......

I feel sick reading that, poor innocent people killed by young rich kids and no action takenv it's just a joke.

Yes indeed, a totally sick, repugnant, travesty of justice Joke.

They are NOW charging him with DUI? No breathalyzer or blood tests at the time of the accident, the case will easily be thrown out for lack of evidence. Wonder who among the RTP will take the fall for such lack of evidence.

"The law is the law — whether you are rich or poor you have to pay for what you've done," national police spokesman Songpol Wattanachai said Monday, asking skeptics to have faith in the police. "Justice will be served. Just because he is rich doesn't mean he won't go to jail. I'm asking people not to think that way."

rolleyes.gif whistling.gif Righto then...............

He said "pay" didn't he....whistling.gif

"We keep asking ourselves, when are the police going to be ashamed enough to do the right thing?"

Sadly, probably never.

Agreed...someday Thais will acknowledge that most people display integrity only because they forced to act responsibly...this is Thailand...and the history/inculcation of stealing. lying, corruption, and bullying is more a part of their culture than anything that resembles honor...

Justice will be served. Just because he is rich doesn't mean he won't go to jail.

Let me speculate. He will pay each victim's family a large amount of money because he is rich. Then he will be given a jail sentence, but it will be commuted to community service out on bail as he pleaded guilty. Justice will be served, Thai style.

I just hope while he is out and about, an unfortunate accident befalls him - hopefully at high speed. That would be true justice. Or, if I'm in a forgiving mood - low speed...

Sent the little woman, ‘she’s only 4’11” bless her cotton socks, can hardly see over the dash’, to wash the Lot Gabah not 3 days ago, there were three vehicles in the cue and she was next.

Mercedes pulls in, and yes, you guessed it, straight to the front of the cue!

Little woman returned fair foaming at the mouth, and with good right too, I might add.

Now she wants a Mercedes.

Happy days!

Might have been desperate to get to the toilet a hefty 500 Baht fine and don't do that again bad boy or next time you could get a bigger scolding

It won't change because the people with the power and influence have worked hard to create and maintain this two tier system.

I like to think that one day these people with the power and influence will discover that the foundations on which they have created this two tier system are made of sand.

I would like to be around to see the look on their faces when it all collapses around them.

I know many will say that will never happen, but I am an optimist. Change is being introduced by two factors - greater awareness about these inequalities and the ability to air views about them (social media) and the lingering taste of the now removed democratic experience,(selecting their preferred government, however flawed); which try as they may will not go away. The pressure for that change can only increase.

Be careful what you wish for - I don't think an uprising of the poor and disenfranchised will stop at just eliminating the 'elite', the French, Russian and Cambodian revolutions are good reference points.

a comment from the father who's daughter was killed.

"the person that hurt thanthaphat should consider how he can provide assistance"

if that was me my assitance would be a 12bore double barrell.

My daughter is dead: Give me money for her