Swedish man found dead in the swimming pool of his Hua Hin home

webfact

Swedish man found dead in the swimming pool of his Hua Hin home
Thaivisa Reporters

sw1.jpg
Image: tnamcot.com

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN:-- The body of a Swedish man was found floating in the swimming pool of a house in Hua Hin on Wednesday, reports Thaivisa News.

Police and rescue workers were called to a house in the Bor Fai area of Hua Hin where they found the naked body of Mr Kirk Jonsson, 61, floating in the pool.

Police believe the man lost consciousness while in the pool causing him to drown.

The man’s wife, told officers how her husband told her he was going for a swim to cool down. When he did not return for a long time she went looking for him which is when she discovered him floating face down in the pool.

She immediately raised the alarm with a neighbour to try and help get his body out of the water but quickly realised that her husband was already dead.

Rescue workers estimated the man had been dead for more than an hour before they arrived at the house.

Police and rescue workers said that the man may have had a long standing medical condition which had caused him to pass out in the pool and drown.

The man’s body is due to undergo a post mortem to establish the official cause of death.

tvn.png
-- 2016-03-24

man goes swimming naked ..... thai wife didn't hear him or see him for a ' long time ' ........... he had been dead for at least an hour when medical staff arrived.

This has many holes .... is it always just coincidental that the wife is never near the farang when he's in trouble ???

strange ..... blink.png I'd certainly be looking at things more closely. So she never went a few meters from the kitchen, living room, bedroom or wherever in the house to check on him ... for a 'long time'

Why are all these farang deaths accompanied with a pixelated image of the body? Total lack of respect

When the emergency services are called do they put a call directly into the media "hey we've got a dead Farang here. Come down and take some snaps"

How do I inform the Thai paparazzi that I would prefer my friends, family and colleagues not to see media images of my death as their final memory of me?

man goes swimming naked ..... thai wife didn't hear him or see him for a ' long time ' ........... he had been dead for at least an hour when medical staff arrived.

This has many holes .... is it always just coincidental that the wife is never near the farang when he's in trouble ???

strange ..... blink.png I'd certainly be looking at things more closely. So she never went a few meters from the kitchen, living room, bedroom or wherever in the house to check on him ... for a 'long time'

Congratulations on your minds of deduction Sherlock !
One more and you'll reinvent Hua Hin mafia, with police complicity and local notable who has all the rights.
Decidedly, the forum delivers us daily priceless pearls. biggrin.png

I can often be out in our garden for 2 or 3 hours whilst wifey is inside doing her housework. It happens.

God, you've resurrected your old clap-trap that irrationally blames the girlfriend every time.

He'd been dead for about an hour, hardly the long time that you're alluding to, just an hour. That would be the sort of time an ordinary person might take for a nap, no big deal. Why would she need to "check on him" when he's been outside for only an hour?

More holes in your post than in the OP.

Nowhere in the report does it mention the nationality or age of the wife, so to assume she is a young Thai woman, while understandable as it is a common scenario, is not dealing with the facts of the matter. There are plenty of retired couples from many nations in Hua Hin, who either live here or have holiday homes so that could be an equally likely scenario. It is pretty typical of expat forums for some posters to immediately assume some kind of wrong doing when it is more likely just a tragic accident.

RIP Kirk.

Lets work on facts, where does it say his wife were Thai ? There are many foreign couples living in Bor Fai. Secondly in Bor Fai people don't live in match boxes they have houses on 800 m2 or 1600 m2. It is thus plausible that she couldn't hear him, plus if he had an heart attack he could have died without making a sound. As for the hour before the ambulance arrived, are you never alone for an hour or are you one of those needy people that can't function without others around them ? Then we have the autopsy that will determine his death. Please next time show the dead respect by at least including a RIP somewhere in your anti-Thai rant.

There has been a string of suspicious and disturbing deaths of farangs for several years...maybe longer...

The kicker...once the diagnosis...suicide...medical condition...drunk and fell and so on is quickly determined...one never hears of any outcome of detective work or an autopsy...

Thailand has become a scary place...

Can not be too careful...

Nowhere in the report does it mention the nationality or age of the wife, so to assume she is a young Thai woman, while understandable as it is a common scenario, is not dealing with the facts of the matter. There are plenty of retired couples from many nations in Hua Hin, who either live here or have holiday homes so that could be an equally likely scenario. It is pretty typical of expat forums for some posters to immediately assume some kind of wrong doing when it is more likely just a tragic accident.

She's a Thai woman, 46 years of age, I happen to know the ex-wife of a Dutch expat who was my customer (I helped him with his PC), who died last year in November - brain hammorage. This morning my wife mentioned that the widow wrote to her, she's going to visit a friend, who's Swedish husband died this week in his swimming pool.

Apart from a medical condition, it seemed that this man liked to drink a lot...

So why isn't it just what it is? A sick man, (half) intoxicated went for a swim and passed out...

Furthermore!...Even if she is a young Thai lady why is it then assumed that she had something to do with it?

I will often get in the pool to cool off, and really don't feel the need to let my wife know, nor do I expect her to check on my well being. And I am 61, as well. Kind of unfair to paint the man's wife with the broad brush of conspiracy, without a single fact other than he died..

Why are all these farang deaths accompanied with a pixelated image of the body? Total lack of respect

When the emergency services are called do they put a call directly into the media "hey we've got a dead Farang here. Come down and take some snaps"

How do I inform the Thai paparazzi that I would prefer my friends, family and colleagues not to see media images of my death as their final memory of me?

So you are so disgusted having to look at a pixelated image of a complete stranger that you have probably never met or would even speak to if you saw him shopping at Big C. Are you also disgusted by images of the dead and mutilated from the Brussels airport bombing, the terrorist attack in Paris, the recent plane crash in Russia, the World Trade Center attack on 911 and any of the other hundreds of news photos that are posted every day, on the internet, tv or newspapers? Maybe, from reading part of the title "Swedish man found dead" you should have had an idea that there might be photos. Why did you click on it? Respect? Probably, morbid curiosity! Also, if you do not want media images of your death, it is best you die of natural causes while in the hospital.

......found the naked body Mr .......... who goes swimming naked in he middle of the day?? even in their own swimming pool - I hate to say it, but methinks theres more to this than meets the eye. coffee1.gif

So you are so disgusted having to look at a pixelated image of a complete stranger that you have probably never met or would even speak to if you saw him shopping at Big C. Are you also disgusted by images of the dead and mutilated from the Brussels airport bombing, the terrorist attack in Paris, the recent plane crash in Russia, the World Trade Center attack on 911 and any of the other hundreds of news photos that are posted every day, on the internet, tv or newspapers? Maybe, from reading part of the title "Swedish man found dead" you should have had an idea that there might be photos. Why did you click on it? Respect? Probably, morbid curiosity! Also, if you do not want media images of your death, it is best you die of natural causes while in the hospital.

No it doesn't. What do you know about his underlying medical condition?

The only thing that has holes is your attempt to make a crime out of an event you have zero knowledge of.

American media rarely shows us dead bodies. The 9/11 bodies falling from the sky are usually preceded by a warning of graphic images to follow. Js

American media rarely shows us dead bodies. The 9/11 bodies falling from the sky are usually preceded by a warning of graphic images to follow. Js

Why would you post such an implausible statement 3 times? The media has exposed the public to the images of death as the result of war, religious and political persecution, ethnic genocide and acts of terrorism and has done so for over 50 years. This content has recently expanded to include more personal news coverage. I admit the media was cautious and censored itself in certain instances with regards to possible negative pubic opinion over the years, but not so much over the past few years.

Archived