Getting a METV from Sydney Thai consulate with many TR visas on passport..

Has any one had experience in obtaining a Multiple entry 6 month Tourist visa from the Thai Consulate in Sydney? is it easy to get one?

I have been in Thailand for the past 6 months and already have 2 tourist visas on my passport (not issued in Sydney). Im going back home soon and want to return to Thailand in May/June.

If i apply for multiple entry Tourist visa in Sydney will it be issued, just a little worried about being rejected since it costs $225 AUD ... which i would lose if rejected. I have an australian passport...

I seen no reports yet for the METV from there.

I don't think they would consider two tourist visas from another location a lot. I can recall reports of regular tourist visa being issued by them without a problem and if I recall some had several tourist visas already.

• Like 1

The website MAY contain requirements that have become more flexible. For example of some consulates overlooking the JOB and being more interested in funds in bank. etc.

The only definitive way would be contact consulate. You could put together as much as possible and go to consulate. They most likely won't except your application if it is missing something they require. Then you could make call if its possible for you to obtain METV or too hard basket.

Your two TR's shouldn't be an issue.

Most Embassies/Consulates want to see money in the bank for an METV application. The Sydney Consulate doesn't mention any financial requirements which is odd and may mean the website is wrong. I would contact the Consulate direct and ask them what is needed before spending any money.

Canberra Embassy
Documents Required:

• Your actual Passport or Travel Document. (Passport or Travel Document must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page);
  • A completed and signed application.
  • One passport-size photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm.) taken within 6 months with a full-face view without hat or glasses. (Photocopy not accepted);
  • A copy of the biographic page of your passport or travel document;
  • If you are not an Australian citizen, a proof of Australia Electronic Visa is required;
  • A copy of airline ticket confirming the date of your first and itinerary showing second entry into Thailand within the validity period of visa;
  • Bank statements or evidence of adequate finances in the last six months with a minimum balance of $8,000.00 AUD.

Sydney Consulate

Documents required

• A passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
  • A completed and signed visa application
  • A photo (3.5x4.5 cm.) taken within last 6 months without wearing glasses or headgear (photocopy not accepted)
  • A copy of biographic page of your passport or travel documents
  • A copy of airline ticket confirming the date of second entry into Thailand within the validity period of visa
  • Like 1

hey i looked into the requirements for a metv and decided to stick with tourists visas ihave many in my passport metv pain in the arse i thought ,havent actually heard of too many peopleusing metv ,,,stick with tv and jump on a bus every 3 months might be a better idea

• Like 2

I had trouble getting any information from Sydney consulate. Tried calling and emaling. They seem to offer a service of responding to an email, but no reply

So now they are closed til Tuesday..start again. Tried Canberra too. Maybe they all took off early for Easter. Option of getting English recorded message did not work either. Brisbane was the only office that provided real service. According to SYD website, that office is still there. It isn't sadly.

just a little worried about being rejected since it costs $225 AUD ... which i would lose if rejected. I have an australian passport...

Is that right? that is nothing more than just pure theft. How do they get away with it?

I know Thailand has a reputation for loving the money, but they are no different from Western countries when it comes to that.

That's where they probably learned it from, the US and UK in particular.

Most Embassies/Consulates want to see money in the bank for an METV application. The Sydney Consulate doesn't mention any financial requirements which is odd and may mean the website is wrong. I would contact the Consulate direct and ask them what is needed before spending any money.

Canberra Embassy

Documents Required:

• Your actual Passport or Travel Document. (Passport or Travel Document must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page);
  • One passport-size photograph (3.5 x 4.5 cm.) taken within 6 months with a full-face view without hat or glasses. (Photocopy not accepted);
  • If you are not an Australian citizen, a proof of Australia Electronic Visa is required;
  • A copy of airline ticket confirming the date of your first and itinerary showing second entry into Thailand within the validity period of visa;
  • Bank statements or evidence of adequate finances in the last six months with a minimum balance of $8,000.00 AUD.

Sydney Consulate

Documents required

• A photo (3.5x4.5 cm.) taken within last 6 months without wearing glasses or headgear (photocopy not accepted)
  • A copy of airline ticket confirming the date of second entry into Thailand within the validity period of visa

. I would contact the Consulate direct and ask them what is needed before spending any money.

and do you think that's any guarantee that they will grant the visa then take your money? I don't, getting out of bed on the wrong side comes to mind.

• Like 1

just a little worried about being rejected since it costs $225 AUD ... which i would lose if rejected. I have an australian passport...

Is that right? that is nothing more than just pure theft. How do they get away with it?

I know Thailand has a reputation for loving the money, but they are no different from Western countries when it comes to that.

They will normally reject an application before the fee is paid. I don't recall many reports of one being rejected after the fee was paid.

For mail in applications they will normally contact you if there is problem and/or send the payment back if rejected.

They will normally reject an application before the fee is paid. I don't recall many reports of one being rejected after the fee was paid.

For mail in applications they will normally contact you if there is problem and/or send the payment back if rejected.

Good to hear that Joe, although it won't affect me, though I was just going with what the OP said.

Further to what ubon mentioned, I some time ago applied by post for an OA from Canberra. The medical certificate did not have clinic STAMP on it so was rejected. Point is they returned my money. Also I once applied for a visa in Melbourne in person. My application was missing one item. They looked through my application and handed it back. No charge.

I think the op applying for METV in Sydney would have it handed back on spot if incomplete. No charge

Edited by jacksam

Throw in AU. Cost me 5000 a pop for visa for tgh.

Fair enough that in 12 month multiple.

Sorry, I cannot understand your answer, you obviously are not a Native English Speaker, no harm in that at all.

Sorry, I cannot understand your answer, you obviously are not a Native English Speaker, no harm in that at all.

OK! .....Include Australia as visa for Thai girlfriend is approximately 5000baht per application.

However note that is for 12 month multiple entry.

Clear now!

OK! .....Include Australia as visa for Thai girlfriend is approximately 5000baht per application.

However note that is for 12 month multiple entry.

Clear now!

I was not commenting on the cost of a visa, the OP said that if your visa application was refused, you lost the application fee.

Ubon Joe has answered that. Is that clear now to you?

I was not commenting on the cost of a visa, the OP said that if your visa application was refused, you lost the application fee.

Ubon Joe has answered that. Is that clear now to you?

Read my other post. I detailed two applications I have made in AU. Both applications were incomplete. The one via post had my money included in the return envelope. The other was refused on spot and no money taken.

Edited by jacksam

It says on the application form and on the website that visa fees are not refundable and visa application can be rejected without providing any reasons, thats why I want to make sure its certain before I apply.

It says on the application form and on the website that visa fees are not refundable and visa application can be rejected without providing any reasons, thats why I want to make sure its certain before I apply.

Read what UbonJoe says on post#10. It is positive news for you.

Canberra Embassy

Documents Required:

Sydney Consulate

Documents required

. I would contact the Consulate direct and ask them what is needed before spending any money.

and do you think that's any guarantee that they will grant the visa then take your money? I don't, getting out of bed on the wrong side comes to mind.

The main point I was making is that the Sydney Consulate website doesn't include the requirement of $8,000.00 AUD in the bank. If the OP is applying based on needing these requirements I would be cautious and check with the Consulate first. If he has $8K in the bank he has little to worry about.

Consul services are in the business of making money by supplying visas, and although I would agree with UJ it has been known for them not to refund/return but to offer an alternate visa that you might not necessarily want.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

For applications in person, I think the only time they will take the application fee and subsequently deny the visa is if fraudulent supporting documentation is provided.

If applying by mail, it might be trickier but, even then, I think they will contact you if anything is missing and allow you to rectify the application. Then, you only have an issue if unable to meet the conditions.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...